Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 19, 2009, 6:39 PM   #281

How do we get access to this "test menu", Notafrog? How do we know it gives the correct information?

Anyway, I want to see what you are seeing myself. This is the whole basis for your beef - what this alledged test menu alledgedly shows, not the performance of the unit.
markr041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 6:54 PM   #282

Quote:
Originally Posted by markr041 View Post
How do we get access to this "test menu", Notafrog? How do we know it gives the correct information?

Anyway, I want to see what you are seeing myself. This is the whole basis for your beef - what this alledged test menu alledgedly shows, not the performance of the unit.
To access the Firmware , is best to be LEFT ALONE.

if you tamperiwth the test menu you'll void the warranty.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 7:31 PM   #283

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
One of thet tests we do is a sequntial test., and this is by far not sequential.

So the software anylist who wrote this program, must have had the weidest brainfart.

No reset. the cam just tosses random older, and decides when it reachs XX files, to create a new one,

It even changes by theday as well. so there is a theory behind this blunder. and its to idiotic for me to get into
yeah I agree that if there is no logicality behind the file and mapnaming that that is very idiot.

other people who DO see a logical behaviour in it ?
maicod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 7:42 PM   #284

Default My Zi8 Battery endurance tests

I got a Kodak KLIC-7004 and a clone battery (white label) and I did this test: I charged both batteries until the red light went off and then removed the charging cable and then pressed the record button and let it record in 1080p until the cam shut-off and here are the results:

original Zi8 KLIC-7004 battery: 1 hour and 20 minutes

clone battery (1200 mah it says) : 1 hour and 4 minutes

so these white label batteries lie about their capacity but I'm still happy having a cheap battery that the Zi8 can run on for a while to have with me as a backup battery.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 7:48 PM   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by maicod View Post
I got a Kodak KLIC-7004 and a clone battery (white label) and I did this test: I charged both batteries until the red light went off and then removed the charging cable and then pressed the record button and let it record in 1080p until the cam shut-off and here are the results:

original Zi8 KLIC-7004 battery: 1 hour and 20 minutes

clone battery (1200 mah it says) : 1 hour and 4 minutes

so these white label batteries lie about their capacity but I'm still happy having a cheap battery that the Zi8 can run on for a while to have with me as a backup battery.
Dam I got a totally different record time. of 55 minutes LOL. guess It'ssa bad cell .
Old Nov 19, 2009, 8:03 PM   #286

Quote:
Originally Posted by markr041 View Post

Markr041 and Fishy, First, I am not going into the firmware simply accessing the Service Menu. I am not alledging anything just reporting on what my Zi8 reports. The procedure to get to the sensor description is as follows:

1. Press the "trash can" icon, the "movie camera" icon, simultaniously pressing the power button on the Zi8.
2. The Test Function menu will come up. Keep scrolling down until you reach "FW Version" and select it by pressing the red toggle button.
3. The Service Information menu will come up. Toggle through until you reach page 3/5 and you will see the Sensor listing MT9M002.

At least MT9M002 is the sensor description for my Zi8. Your's may be entirely different. Now go to the website address in my earlier post and you will see the Manufacturer's spec sheet for the MT9M002 and I assure it is different from Kodak's sensor size spec for the Zi8.
Regarding performance, I got started on this when the results of the Zi8 were not as good as my Zi6 in low and moderate lighting situations (both indoor and outdoor). The still shots, regardless of MP size, are grainy, dark and generally crappy when compaired to my Zi6.

I caution everyone not to make any changes in any of the menus or you will most assuredly void your warranty. If you attempt this you do it at your own risk.
Notafrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 8:07 PM   #287

Quote:
Dam I got a totally different record time. of 55 minutes LOL. guess It'ssa bad cell .
I did this test a few weeks ago when my zi8 was like 2 weeks old so maybe the original battery got worse already
Old Nov 19, 2009, 9:04 PM   #288

Quote:
I did this test a few weeks ago when my zi8 was like 2 weeks old so maybe the original battery got worse already
Test ran again i am at over 1 hour 15 minutes by the time I hit reply.
settings are now all turned OFF
mic minimum, EIS OFF, face detect OFF lcd brightnes LOWEST.
and in WVGA the next test will be to have in HD1080P or 720P with all OFF and Mic at 50%

then if I am at the above mark of 1 hour 15 minutes then the battery is fine
HD will draw power, but the unwanted light is a issue, and camera needs reserve power.

Aded Note 1 hour 25 minutes in

Last edited by fishycomics; Nov 19, 2009 at 9:13 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 9:16 PM   #289

Quote:
Aded Note 1 hour 25 minutes in
ok that sounds better and more like my 1h 20m but I didnt change the options like EIS to off etc.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 9:22 PM   #290

Quote:
ok that sounds better and more like my 1h 20m but I didnt change the options like EIS to off etc.
I am now shocked 1 hr 32 min in will try later hd720P mic 50/50 all other set to minimum