Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 22, 2009, 6:21 AM   #321

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhuey View Post
[
was brave enough to up FW to 1.06, zoom in darkening seem a little worst than fw1.01 but at least
I have "remaining time" working fine now...previousely, "remaining time" will show up once and not again until power up

I also notice that 720/60, 720/30 & WVGA has a much wider view than 1080. Low light sensitivity has not change.

I tried to order Sunpack wide angle & tele lens kit (with adapter rings) from amazon but they sold out!

Batt Depot near by has aftermarket np-50 (1100 mah) for about $11. Kodak aftermarket replacement
is about $10 but only 800 mah. both are listed as interchangeable.

My original battery is jap cell assembled in china, equal or less than 1000 mah, minimum at 950 mah.
1. when you say you have remaining toime now , what exactly do you mean?

2. Sunpack why sunpack how much, because why not look at dealextreme.com wide angle .67 and fisheye, they are 12-15 dollars, this info of site and price are important then just telling some love detail (LOL)

3. any aftermarkets wil ldo, why not look over to Overstock.com and get two batt's and a charger, for 12.00 double the pleasure, but yes we think larger cap's will not have full potential. Kodak floates arounda few batt's and one is 3.6, the other 3.7

link to video, wide angles in videos comments

http://vimeo.com/7671168
Wide angle:
dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14953

Fish eye:
dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15239

http://www.overstock.com/search?keyw...rchType=Header

deals keep changing

Note* Please keep pics to a size where we can scroll up down, not to sides some may find it hard to read when pic is too big , reason why the edit was made, thanks. no harm no foul till 10 postts the next page wil show so it be over then LOL.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2009, 4:46 AM   #322

Sorry 'bout picture size, still learning how to post properly, thought cropping original 5 meg was enough but still too big, Media-Impression can not do much so I'll use other sw next time...

"Remaining time" --- when I bought the cam few weeks ago, each time I turn on, it will show how much time I have left on the SD, it does not matter which mode I am in it will show the same amount of "remaining time" in 1080, 720/60, 720/30, WVGA, and it will only display for less than one second and disappear permanently until the next time I power up the cam. 1.06 fixed that problem.

Sunpack came with different adapter rings to fit different kinds of cam, buying both wide angle and telephoto together cost $20. Bit it is not available now so I willl check into your suggested deals, Thanks.

trying different size picture...
maxhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2009, 5:43 AM   #323

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhuey View Post
Sorry 'bout picture size, still learning how to post properly, thought cropping original 5 meg was enough but still too big, Media-Impression can not do much so I'll use other sw next time...

"Remaining time" --- when I bought the cam few weeks ago, each time I turn on, it will show how much time I have left on the SD, it does not matter which mode I am in it will show the same amount of "remaining time" in 1080, 720/60, 720/30, WVGA, and it will only display for less than one second and disappear permanently until the next time I power up the cam. 1.06 fixed that problem.

Sunpack came with different adapter rings to fit different kinds of cam, buying both wide angle and telephoto together cost $20. Bit it is not available now so I willl check into your suggested deals, Thanks.

trying different size picture...
Max... no problem at all. if a larger pic is posted , just when adding in your comment to the post shorten the comments with the return keys more often rather just typing and allowing the characters to continue.

the sd card at start up, and as well the battery life indicater andother icons do not stay on after record. the only oneswill be the record and counter.
I understand anddid not notice that but

1080P is more video time, then 720P 60 and possably 30 is more then 720P 60

wvga is a smaller size, it's funny how 1080P should be a bigger size but 720P has the fps, lol.

suggestion of wide angle I just recieved notice after 4 days of order, so it takes time to ship.

13mm may be the correct size we have to look,
Old Nov 23, 2009, 10:16 AM   #324

Dear Mr.*********,

After looking into your concerns, I have confirmed that the sensor listed in the firmware menu, that you have captured images of, is not actually what is in the Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Camera.

Unfortunately, this section of the menu was retained in error during firmware development. The information comes from the Kodak Zi6 Pocket Video Camera menu structure and only lists the older sensor, it does not actually report what is in the Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Camera, which is definitely the 1/2.5", 5MP imager we specify.

We do not know if there will be a firmware update to correct the mis-information, as it does not affect camera functionality or image quality.

Sincerely,

Dawn Stawald

Good morning everyone, Finally, an answer. A little over 3 weeks for Kodak to determine that there is an incorrect description of the sensor in the Zi8 Service Menu. I have asked for the specific description (maufacturer, part number, etc.) of the 1/2.5 type 5 MP CMOS sensor that has been confirmed to be in the Zi8. I'm still cynical, as in many respects the performance of my Zi8 is significanltly poorer than my Zi6.
Notafrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2009, 10:44 AM   #325

"I'm still cynical, as in many respects the performance of my Zi8 is significanltly poorer than my Zi6."

You are indeed "cynical", and what you mean is "skeptical."

In what respects is the Zi8 *video* inferior to that of the Zi6? And in what respects superior?
markr041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2009, 10:45 AM   #326

I bought the same wide angle lens. fits on my Zi6, but very poor image quality. Don't buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
1. when you say you have remaining toime now , what exactly do you mean?

2. Sunpack why sunpack how much, because why not look at dealextreme.com wide angle .67 and fisheye, they are 12-15 dollars, this info of site and price are important then just telling some love detail (LOL)

3. any aftermarkets wil ldo, why not look over to Overstock.com and get two batt's and a charger, for 12.00 double the pleasure, but yes we think larger cap's will not have full potential. Kodak floates arounda few batt's and one is 3.6, the other 3.7

link to video, wide angles in videos comments

http://vimeo.com/7671168
Wide angle:
dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14953

Fish eye:
dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15239

http://www.overstock.com/search?keyw...rchType=Header

deals keep changing

Note* Please keep pics to a size where we can scroll up down, not to sides some may find it hard to read when pic is too big , reason why the edit was made, thanks. no harm no foul till 10 postts the next page wil show so it be over then LOL.
garman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2009, 1:49 PM   #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by garman View Post
I bought the same wide angle lens. fits on my Zi6, but very poor image quality. Don't buy
din't buy what deal extremes or sunpak?

what would you buy?

I shot with the sakar not for the cam. or known as digital concepts
if it is deal extremes this answers the inquerry one is interested one would make a video of in/outdoor and7 days later LOL.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 2:24 PM   #328

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
din't buy what deal extremes or sunpak?

what would you buy?

I shot with the sakar not for the cam. or known as digital concepts
if it is deal extremes this answers the inquerry one is interested one would make a video of in/outdoor and7 days later LOL.

Well if I could buy one for that particular size lens it would be a raynox brand. But I believe they do not have that size I'm looking for. They make excellent glass. But I believe when it comes to good lenses, you get what you pay for.
(Thread jack warning!) Since I have you hear FISH. I have returned my third Zi6 because after recording 30 mins of video. I get the sd warning indicator and it begins to intermintantly stop new recording session. Today I have returned my old unit for a new one, placed the old memory card in the new Zi6 and I get the same problem. I'm thinking now that it is a memory card error/issue. What I can't figure out is why it allows me to record 30 mins of video. I'm using a class 6 ADATA card, What are you and the others using. I'd prefer not to buy the sandisk due to it's price tag. Thanks for any help

here is a link of the card I use
http://images.compusa.com/skuimages/...main01-tmc.jpg

Last edited by garman; Nov 23, 2009 at 2:33 PM. Reason: adding link
Old Nov 23, 2009, 2:55 PM   #329

[QUOTE=garman;1022031] What I can't figure out is why it allows me to record 30 mins of video. I'm using a class 6 ADATA card, What are you and the others using. I'd prefer not to buy the sandisk due to it's price tag. Thanks for any help
/QUOTE]

I'm thinking certain sectors of the flash card are faulty so everytime you delete the 30 minutes file it gets written at the same bunch of sectors and then after 30 minutes (certain size) it reaches the same faulty area of the SDHC card. Did you try to format the card ? Another way of checking out if the card has faulty sectors is connecting the zi6 with the card inside to the pc and then opening a command window (click start then choose run and fill in the word cmd in the box and press OK). Then type chkdsk e: /f /r where e: can be different (it must be the driveletter of the zi6)
maicod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2009, 3:03 PM   #330

[QUOTE=maicod;1022035]
Quote:
Originally Posted by garman View Post
What I can't figure out is why it allows me to record 30 mins of video. I'm using a class 6 ADATA card, What are you and the others using. I'd prefer not to buy the sandisk due to it's price tag. Thanks for any help
/QUOTE]

I'm thinking certain sectors of the flash card are faulty so everytime you delete the 30 minutes file it gets written at the same bunch of sectors and then after 30 minutes (certain size) it reaches the same faulty area of the SDHC card. Did you try to format the card ? Another way of checking out if the card has faulty sectors is connecting the zi6 with the card inside to the pc and then opening a command window (click start then choose run and fill in the word cmd in the box and press OK). Then type chkdsk e: /f /r where e: can be different (it must be the driveletter of the zi6)
--------

Well this is the second A-Data card with the same problem. I have formatted both cards on camera and computer and I get the same results every time. I'm just thinking it's a compatibility issue. As for the chkdsk, I have a mac. I'll see if I can run the same type of command lines with terminal services for my Mac. What card are you using?