Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 26, 2009, 6:56 PM   #361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar View Post
Thanks a load for your invaluable help, fishycomics. For some reason that I don't understand, the HD samples won't play properly on my computer which is, I think, not up to modern standards.

It looks as if I'll have an extra Christmas present!

Best wishes, Almar.
Take maicodds Advice he is the man. my sidekick.

1 kodak played on tv will be SWEET! in standard or HD some will like or dislike, your choice.

2. on a mac or pc they say, ( maicodd) quicktime is not the best. remember the playback speedvaries with hd1080P and 720p minimum requirements are around 3-4ghz so ofcourse you get poorquality or chppiness. Tha is Normal.

3 converting and saving orginal. wmv fileformat works for me. lol timeconsumming I know. but al my youtube vids are (cough) certain formats LOL
thank you. foryour inquerry, and soon welcoming you to the kodak Family.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2009, 7:50 PM   #362

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaFmLx4iS8E

a happy turkey day all
yet a lil triale and error here, I nned to just forget the macro thing LOL.

the distance with the blue is harder to tel lol but hey , its video on film enjy our turkey, the dogs sure did lol.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 9:47 PM   #363

Extensive review of the Kodak Zi8 has just been posted. Plenty of images and videos. There's only one catch: it's in Engrish (thanks to google translator). Original review in japanese.

http://translate.google.com/translat...ml&sl=ja&tl=en
Old Nov 27, 2009, 12:42 PM   #364

As I just watched a show lol the Creative Vado, WOW! no words, widescreen, must be 16:9 ratio, they're calling widescreen lol.

The reds are washed

would you want a 4 gig no sd card, etc, etc. I may be incorrect but not excited LOL.

It is totally a take off of the Kodak zi8 design. so its your decision what you like. not a fan, nor will be of them yet. lol.

4 gig 1280 res 20-30 minutes of vid lol.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 1:17 PM   #365

Default New Kodak portable charger/battery pack.

Kodak has just come out with a new device that can both charge your Zi8's batteries and power the camera to allow you to continue videoing after the internal battery has depleated. According to the Kodak Store Tech, as you see the battery getting to a low point indication you can plug the Charger/Battery pack into the camera and continue uninterupted.
This could save alot of time and grief that could come from having to stop and change batteries. It's under $30.00. It looks interesting. Check it out at the Kodak Store.
Notafrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2009, 1:30 PM   #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notafrog View Post
Kodak has just come out with a new device that can both charge your Zi8's batteries and power the camera to allow you to continue videoing after the internal battery has depleated. According to the Kodak Store Tech, as you see the battery getting to a low point indication you can plug the Charger/Battery pack into the camera and continue uninterupted.
This could save alot of time and grief that could come from having to stop and change batteries. It's under $30.00. It looks interesting. Check it out at the Kodak Store.
Video of what I was talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfAp_kldedI
Funny how you mention the 40 hr powersupply. guess Kodak has found that the Zi8 has this by trial and error. butthey must correctthe icon, or indicator to light up, no way will you know while in record. excellent device but 8 hrs to recharge wow, and 2 2400 vdc batts vs a zapp recharge 4aa LOL.

very informitive if asked.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 2:33 PM   #367

Maicod, I don't mind at all! ANY info to help me improve my photographic and computer knowledge is more than welcome.

I found the Belarc Advisor application online and I am appending the relevant part of its readout (hooray for Screencapture and Control-V) of this computer which I've had for nearly five years. This may be considered off topic and I will understand if the mods remove it but if you see it, your comments will be most welcome. I'm happy to say that I can easily afford to upgrade......I could do with a bigger monitor anyway and get rid of this big lump of a CRT thing whose picture is getting a tad fuzzy alog the edges.

With best wishes from Almar.
Almar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2009, 3:51 PM   #368

Fishy, My Zi8's battery level indicator comes on to the screen and flashes a red level marker when the battery level is at less than what appears to be 25%. This would be the point where the portable charger would be plugged into the camera. I agree with you that it would be much more helpful if the battery level monitor was on continuously and indicated level throughout a video session, however, I have found that the low level indication comes on in plenty of time to make a battery change or to plug in the KP100-C+2 charger.
Notafrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2009, 3:51 PM   #369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar View Post
Maicod, I don't mind at all! ANY info to help me improve my photographic and computer knowledge is more than welcome.

I found the Belarc Advisor application online and I am appending the relevant part of its readout (hooray for Screencapture and Control-V) of this computer which I've had for nearly five years. This may be considered off topic and I will understand if the mods remove it but if you see it, your comments will be most welcome. I'm happy to say that I can easily afford to upgrade......I could do with a bigger monitor anyway and get rid of this big lump of a CRT thing whose picture is getting a tad fuzzy alog the edges.

With best wishes from Almar.

1 your processor is LESS thean Kodaks requirements, see Pic 1 vs. pic2 of kodaks requirements. for info on othercompanies see pic 3, that isjust an aiptek gvs less ofkodaks camcorder, imagineif I find Samsungs , it about 4.0 or higher.

that isone reason why you and many others do not get what the problesm we have try to play a video with a slower pc. lol not at you at all. maybe others can help I aswell, am listening.

Pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

Old Nov 27, 2009, 11:33 PM   #370

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
2. on a mac or pc they say, ( maicodd) quicktime is not the best. remember the playback speedvaries with hd1080P and 720p minimum requirements are around 3-4ghz so ofcourse you get poorquality or chppiness. Tha is Normal.
Apple QuickTime is a CPU hog for video playback in Windows. Rename your Kodak's .MOV files to .MP4 and play them in Windows Media Player. The playback will be much smoother and less laggy than in QuickTime. VLC Media Player also works fine.

If that does not work, you need to install the CoreAVC video codec. Download "Codec 8.3" and then install the CoreAVC video codec that it comes with (you don't need any of the other codecs that come in the Codec 8.3 pack, just CoreAVC). You can find Codec 8.3 here:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/codec.htm
vwestlife is offline   Reply With Quote