Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 5, 2009, 4:27 PM   #441

Hi new to the forum

Just bought the Zi8 and I want to add a video clip to an SD card then into the Zi8 to then connect to a TV to watch said clip, is this possible?

I have tried inputting this clip in various file formats onto the SD card then into the Zi8 but it doesn't playback on the Zi8 so thus assuming it aint going to work to playback on a TV?

Any help people?

Thank You for your responses
Kieran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2009, 4:41 PM   #442

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
Hi new to the forum

Just bought the Zi8 and I want to add a video clip to an SD card then into the Zi8 to then connect to a TV to watch said clip, is this possible?

I have tried inputting this clip in various file formats onto the SD card then into the Zi8 but it doesn't playback on the Zi8 so thus assuming it aint going to work to playback on a TV?

Any help people?

Thank You for your responses
Welcome Kieran.

I am the one that contnues the fun, imagine that?

Maicodd, did a excellent tutorial. may be on here in a few pages back.

Kodak does not say a thing about a PMP player.

Arcsoft Total media Extreme, will be the program you want. Total media Impressions will get the file back in to play, but not to the tv playback, will crash the cam, taking out hte abttery for reboot, it will not ruin the cam.

step 1:

however you're editing the final steps will be.

Load to Impressions, EXPORT. and file name must be exactly the same.

step 2

load back to cam in the same exact files sub file, name it one nuber igher of example:

858_023 number wil now be 858_024.................

that is it
Old Dec 5, 2009, 6:41 PM   #443

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Maicodd, did a excellent tutorial. may be on here in a few pages back.
here's my howto vid :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf0CjNuwSLU

if you appreciate it please leave a comment at the video and rate the vid
maicod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2009, 11:15 PM   #444

Firmware links from Kodak if anyone wants to downgrade

http://download.kodak.com/digital/so...i8/Zi8_105.exe

http://download.kodak.com/digital/so...i8/Zi8_103.exe
NothingRare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2009, 12:22 AM   #445

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
A forced crash can be done, and is normal if your cam crashs. Reasons:

SD, SDHC, MMC cards, Company used, and what was loaded, is loaded, and how you formatted, are the issues of a crash.

example forcedcrash, loading a video using arcsoft TMI, back to cam wit correct file name, and tv playback will crash the cam.

if you have a hidden file on there, may have caused the issue.

recommend try reformatting the sd card in the cam a few times, as well in the pc or mac.
Thanks Fishy C., I have been using this cam with the same 4 GB SDHC for a coulpe of months now & without problem, no change was made except for updating FW to 106 about 2 weeks ago (using a 1 GB SD) I think this crash happened after I try to turn off the power. It has not happen since. I guess all is well until next crash. Cheers, max
maxhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2009, 7:37 AM   #446

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingRare View Post
thanks again for posting, if oters cannot find it at the main page
here is what I have up there as well.

FIRMWARE patches

how to downgrade the kodak,.

click me the pic

Firmware upgrade: One can go foward, and back to older firmware, as long as they have the older version filesaved, here is the older file.

fw 1.03 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LV71XD9X fixs high pitch sound
fw 1.05 http://www.mediafire.com/?tnjnen4gnnj fixs high pitch etc
fw 1.06 http://www.mediafire.com/?mzttzynitin fixs fw 1.05 errors, and vertical lines claimed by kodak

My final Conclusion:
Old Dec 6, 2009, 7:46 AM   #447

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhuey View Post
Thanks Fishy C., I have been using this cam with the same 4 GB SDHC for a coulpe of months now & without problem, no change was made except for updating FW to 106 about 2 weeks ago (using a 1 GB SD) I think this crash happened after I try to turn off the power. It has not happen since. I guess all is well until next crash. Cheers, max
You're welcomed.

After I read this, and went out, Mine just crashed I had used a brand new sdhc sandisk 8gb, was filming the Echerds Birds (spell check), and I thought I got them, the cam was locked, a video or shot frozen. , battery needed removal. Turned back on and rather keep filming or taking off a file I wanted, I reformatted, 3-6x. This happened witin the first ten video records.

IT will occure on newer sd cards, and probably from time to time. More on newer sd cards , I guess,

I rather have it crash on me , then having to many short video clips of the 16gb card I am using.

on the 16gb card ifilm I believe I am filming 15 sec clips, and 10 secs record LOL.

so it's a matter of choice at times. the 16gb card works fine on other devices, I am sure of that.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 2:23 PM   #448

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingRare View Post
Along the same line, the Mac versions are:

Baron Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2009, 3:03 AM   #449

i would just like to remind everyone that:

downgrading the firmware voids the warranty.

going into the test function part of the camera will void the warranty. kodak will not help you if you go into that menu.

just wanted to make sure everyone knows that before they mess with the inner workings of the kodak zi8.

chrisc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2009, 7:37 AM   #450

Thank you for again reminding us chrisc074....

Well its's been that timewhere a month has slid by and not a fix, it shows of unimportance of Kodak, if the Zoom issue will ever be fixed, Aiptek does not have this issue, so it is a Issue, Other cams may or may nothave this isse but it is a issue.

Downgrading of the Aiptek is very Simple, and only you can mess things up if you go furhter into the firmware by right clickong hte mouse,

Kodak you'll just press the required buttons that Kodak finally admits to, that you are allowed to downgrade, just taken them 50 emails later LOL.

so it will not Void your warranty if kodak backs you up, you'll void warranty when you go own your own.