Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 7, 2009, 3:17 PM   #451

Hey gang,

I see where fishycomics had some latency issues using a 16MB SD card on his Zi8. Question: What has every one else been using? 4, 8, 16MB, or what? Also, would it matter if the card is high speed or not? I am to receive my Zi8 tomorrow and I need to get a SD card for it as soon as possible.

Also, how do you search a specific thread for certain text?

Thanks.
goodoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2009, 3:29 PM   #452

Default no problem with 16GB card, class 6

I have been using an A-Data 16GB, class 6 card for many weeks and many videos - from 5 or 10-second clips to 1 hour and 15 minutes clips, with absolutely no problem. I have shot at 720p, 30fps and 60fps, and 1080p.
markr041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2009, 3:53 PM   #453

guess my concern was the 16gb not fully doing its job.

For I now have to examine with a lower gb, and a higher gb

from the hit of the button, to the hit again, if the sound I hear matchs the recording.

I guess you ca nsay with all my cams that is what I noticed, real picky LOL

we do not have a pre record hwen you hit record 5 secs before, and after like my casio v7 LOl

I am having fun, and some clips are coming.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 4:14 PM   #454

Default sync of sound and video

If by "latency" problems you mean lack of sync of sound and video (again, I have a hard time with your language), I have recorded 30-60 minute concerts using a dual audio system using the Zi8 and a high-quality audio recording system. We sync the good stereo recoding to the sound recorded by the Zi8 using software that does this to the bit exactly. Believe me, we are very sensitive to concert recordings with out-of-synch audio, and there is NO audio sync problem at all with our Zi8.
markr041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2009, 4:20 PM   #455

Quote:
Originally Posted by markr041 View Post
If by "latency" problems you mean lack of sync of sound and video (again, I have a hard time with your language), I have recorded 30-60 minute concerts using a dual audio system using the Zi8 and a high-quality audio recording system. We sync the good stereo recoding to the sound recorded by the Zi8 using software that does this to the bit exactly. Believe me, we are very sensitive to concert recordings with out-of-synch audio, and there is NO audio sync problem at all with our Zi8.
It's not a Aiptek MPVr LOL aud and vid are in perfect harmony.

Double that.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 6:10 PM   #456

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Well its's been that timewhere a month has slid by and not a fix, it shows of unimportance of Kodak....
I hope 1.06 is not the last firmware update
Also, I find it annoying that I can't zoom in macro mode

Last edited by NothingRare; Dec 7, 2009 at 6:13 PM.
NothingRare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2009, 6:20 PM   #457

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingRare View Post
I hope 1.06 is not the last firmware update
Also, I find it annoying that I can't zoom in macro mode
fw 1.06 is not hte last, Holiday seasons here, a slow down I am sure.

No CAM I know does macro zoom, of a pc low budget cam. the AIptek locks it, but BUT you can go from 28 inchs to on the lens and be in macro focus, the Kodak zi8 well once in/out of the focal range that is it.

Zoom is digital, and digital zoom should not be used in full, only partial, Noise, pixalation, and granulation

Today somecams like Creative labs gen 3, are still with 2x digital zoom, where Kodak could have Jumped to 16x digital zoom, and that would have sold everyone imagime ultilizing the 4x or even 8x rather the full 16x. that I love to see
Old Dec 7, 2009, 6:27 PM   #458

It's hard to tell if I am too close or too far because of the small screen. So I zoom in to make sure it is focused properly.
After I find the correct distance, I zoom out and start recording.
NothingRare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2009, 8:05 AM   #459

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc74 View Post
i would just like to remind everyone that:

downgrading the firmware voids the warranty.

going into the test function part of the camera will void the warranty. kodak will not help you if you go into that menu.

just wanted to make sure everyone knows that before they mess with the inner workings of the kodak zi8.

Not going to Debate this.

If you read the unstructions, you have the right to Take the firmware and load into the cam, never did it say what firmware version, and you have a limited, no extended Warranty. How does one. find out wxactly when you loaded firmware up, can thre be a date not of the firmware, bot saved in your cam?

yo may try t ocontact the company for more info.

Partial Info

LIMITED WARRANTY
For a period of 90 days after the date of delivery of the Software to you, Kodak warrants (i) the Software will perform substantially in accordance with the accompanying written materials, and (ii) the media on which the Software is furnished will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use.
Kodak does not warrant that the functions contained in the Software will meet your requirements or that the operation of the Software will be uninterrupted or error free. You assume responsibility for operation of the Software to achieve your intended results, and for the installation, use, and results obtained from the Software.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 8:48 AM   #460

While I have both the Aip GVS, and Kodak Zi8, I can comment on the field of depth, or Depth of field.

With the Gvs, at the beginning of the firmware's, I noticed that we had a additional feature, and the company found out , and fixed the issue that benifetted everyone, and I cakked it the macro/infinity trick, by using the mouse button to get to macro, and then back to infinity, giving you an Add'l wider angle.

The kodak zi8 as a manual macro switch, that will not allow us to recreate, or do what we can with fw 2302 of the Aip GVS.

Today some still stick to the older fw, some preferre newer, and only way around this will be nodified, or aftermarket lenses, 45x-68x wide angle, fisheye adaptors, that can be found for the Kodak at usbfever.com, and dealextreme.com. The Aiptek any 27mm ring/lens...

The Kodak seems to have the wider angle, over Aiptek, I guess no matter what company we purchse, each one is different then the other.

The Kodak cam is a wonderful Pc low budget Economy hybrid camcorder, great for the daytime Outdoor shots.