Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 13, 2009, 11:25 AM   #491

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
care to share in some words aswell, please?
I took a still photo, then I took a frame from 1080p mode, no zoom. I placed them on top of each other in photoshop. You can easily see the camera cropping and doesn't resize the sensor output.
The Zi8 gets the sensor output (5Megapixel) and crops it to 1080p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl0ry View Post
Yes I believe I've seen that issue. But I think that usually only happens when you're at near max of zoom doesn't it?
Happens at about half zoom, in all modes except 1080p and Photo.
It happens only in lowlight.
NothingRare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2009, 3:32 PM   #492

Quote:
You say yours is a perfect model, but yet to answer .
I didn't say it was the perfect model. I have no idea where you got that from.

If you read my posts again I said I don't have the same problems (sound desync and white lines) I had on my defective one.
gl0ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2009, 4:49 PM   #493

yeah guess misinterpits the info given sorry.

ALL kodaks suffer zoom adjustment.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 4:55 PM   #494

taken a relaxing trip, did not know how the macro was switched, guess i did it the other night LOL. so 27 shots ruined.

Well the main video recordings were important, and again I thought longer clips like ten minute increments be perfect. somehow some reason a 2 min, 1 min 3 min 5 min . was captured.

I have no idea why the csam did not proform lol

well that is how things go, sometimes they work ,and back up is needed, and my trusty other cam worked fine.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 8:45 PM   #495

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingRare View Post
Yeah I realized that.
I tried opening the camera to disable the "click" of the switch (and maybe electric sensor that reports the position), but the screws holding the body together are smaller (shallower) than a #0 Phillips and I don't want to strip them.
it is not an electric sensor but an actual movement of the inner lens structure and thats also why the macro switch doesn't slide smoothly.

EDIT: Oh forgot to say that it ALSO triggers an electric sensor for the firmware to recognise things like displaying the macro-icon

Last edited by maicod; Dec 13, 2009 at 8:54 PM.
maicod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2009, 8:56 PM   #496

Regarding the SD cards that were discussed earlier: I'm using three class 2 16gig Sandisk cards and had no problems whatsoever. Some cameras are picky with anything slower than class 4, but my Zi8 has no problems with class 2.

Another thing I wanted to get was the Kodak remote control, but it has been out of stock for a while now at the official Kodak UK site. I contacted them and they told me they don't know when it'll back into stock. Apparently there are quite a few users waiting for it for months now. I managed to find it in stock on some Australian/New Zealand sites, but the courier costs more than the thing itself, so I guess I'll just have to wait for Kodak UK to wake up and supply the demand...

BTW, I tried using my universal remote contol with it, no good. The thing has a fully automated search function and it works with all my other devices, but for the Zi8 it searched for 2 hours and couldn't find a matching code...
=Alex= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2009, 9:00 PM   #497

Quote:
Originally Posted by maicod View Post
it is not an electric sensor but an actual movement of the inner lens structure and thats also why the macro switch doesn't slide smoothly.

EDIT: Oh forgot to say that it ALSO triggers an electric sensor for the firmware to recognise things like displaying the macro-icon
we all know, you'll proceed- succeed, to get it off. but rather tamper with such a fine , thin, arm be super-careful. just touching the switch the wrong way will break it.

the macro, has to click, it is like a clock, and its gears.........

you can open the outer top, but you'll have to really dig deeper to open the whole unit to achieve your sucess, in getting the click to be silienced, all it is is a gear or tab that has to be corrected.

I normally lock the macro, why ruined shots when filming in infinity
Old Dec 13, 2009, 9:03 PM   #498

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Alex= View Post
Regarding the SD cards that were discussed earlier: I'm using three class 2 16gig Sandisk cards and had no problems whatsoever. Some cameras are picky with anything slower than class 4, but my Zi8 has no problems with class 2.

Another thing I wanted to get was the Kodak remote control, but it has been out of stock for a while now at the official Kodak UK site. I contacted them and they told me they don't know when it'll back into stock. Apparently there are quite a few users waiting for it for months now. I managed to find it in stock on some Australian/New Zealand sites, but the courier costs more than the thing itself, so I guess I'll just have to wait for Kodak UK to wake up and supply the demand...

BTW, I tried using my universal remote contol with it, no good. The thing has a fully automated search function and it works with all my other devices, but for the Zi8 it searched for 2 hours and couldn't find a matching code...

yeah I tried the good ole AIptek one no good lol, if Kpodak tells us the signal then we can grab one.

I care not to use one because blogging with it needs longer timeto set up LOL

sdhc crd well, unsure but guess when excited LOL we tend to tink we filmed forever, but only a few minutes went by, that may be what I am expirencing LOL
Old Dec 13, 2009, 9:04 PM   #499

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Alex= View Post

Another thing I wanted to get was the Kodak remote control, but it has been out of stock for a while now at the official Kodak UK site. I contacted them and they told me they don't know when it'll back into stock. Apparently there are quite a few users waiting for it for months now. I managed to find it in stock on some Australian/New Zealand sites, but the couriers costs more than the thing itself, so I guess I'll just wait for Kodak UK to wake up and supply the demand...

Hi I had the same problem but someone noted me that they have it for sale when you call them by telephone which I did and I then gave my credit card details and they sent the remote control to me. I received it 5 days ago.

I called the Dutch telephone number but it put me through to Scotland (they just have Dutch speaking persons based in the same building) but someone else from Scotland himself (the one who noted me) bought it via the UK phone number.

It is: 08702430270 or 00448702430270 when you call from outside UK
maicod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2009, 9:45 PM   #500

Quote:
Originally Posted by maicod View Post

EDIT: Oh forgot to say that it ALSO triggers an electric sensor for the firmware to recognize things like displaying the macro-icon
Yes I know. The sensor should be easy to bypass/remove. Probably a switch/button or a hall effect sensor.
Are there phillips#-1 screwdrivers? I don't want to grind my screwdriver to make it shallower...

Quote:
I normally lock the macro, why ruined shots when filming in infinity
Good point, haven't thought of that.

Last edited by NothingRare; Dec 13, 2009 at 9:50 PM.
NothingRare is offline   Reply With Quote