Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 21, 2009, 11:09 PM   #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by maicod View Post
ofcourse you were but that doesn't mean you could be grateful for my help. after all this is the same software and it doesn't matter if you install it from the zip I gave you or from the cams insides. I don't think kodak ever released an img file of the 562 version that is in 1.03 cams since most cams i've seen never came with older versions than 1.03

yes 562 is the last part of the software version. 586 is the newer one.
I am grateful for the assistance. I was merely wondering if the version # on the camera directly related to the arc soft software. I thought that software version controlled a different aspect of the camera.
cdgcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2009, 11:10 PM   #562

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
the instructions are deep in th thread, the firmwares at te first page and near the end. so here they are once again see below

the flicker of zoom is normal to Kodaks eye.

fw 1.03 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LV71XD9X fixs high pitch sound
fw 1.05 http://www.mediafire.com/?tnjnen4gnnj fixs high pitch etc
fw 1.06 http://www.mediafire.com/?mzttzynitin fixs fw 1.05 errors, and vertical lines claimed by kodak
I wonder if the crazy image wobble is normal in kodaks eye as well lol
Old Dec 21, 2009, 11:19 PM   #563

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgcc View Post
I am grateful for the assistance. I was merely wondering if the version # on the camera directly related to the arc soft software. I thought that software version controlled a different aspect of the camera.
the IMG file holds the contents of the part of flash memory inside the camera which can be accessed via the cams cd-rom driveletter and only contains the installation files for the Kodak (Arcsoft) media impression software. it doesn't operate the camera at all ! thats done by the ~ 10 MB .fw files only.
The zip I gave you is the exact files I copied out of my cam when I still had firmware 1.03 and kodak media impression 562 but I can't recreate a IMG file for you of it since the IMG file from version 586 that I checked isnt standard so for the 562 files I don't know what program to create a similar IMG file. I tried google searching on the fourcc (the first 4 bytes of the IMG file) and they are 'pcsw' but can't find an image tool that creates such files.
maicod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2009, 11:24 PM   #564

Quote:
Originally Posted by maicod View Post
the IMG file holds the contents of the part of flash memory inside the camera which can be accessed via the cams cd-rom driveletter and only contains the installation files for the Kodak (Arcsoft) media impression software. it doesn't operate the camera at all ! thats done by the ~ 10 MB .fw files only.
The zip I gave you is the exact files I copied out of my cam when I still had firmware 1.03 and kodak media impression 562 but I can't recreate a IMG file for you of it since the IMG file from version 586 that I checked isnt standard so for the 562 files I don't know what program to create a similar IMG file. I tried google searching on the fourcc (the first 4 bytes of the IMG file) and they are 'pcsw' but can't find an image tool that creates such files.
Thats fine - as long as it doesnt control the camera I'm less worried. I do like the smoother zoom of the 1.06 - but the way it increases the size of the videos is unacceptable to me. Normally with my 16 gb shdc card - I'd have 4 hrs and some 13 mins of [email protected] Now with 1.06 - I have 2hrs 45mins of [email protected] Thats a pretty significant increase! Especially since I dont feel the quality improved any. Anyone else have any feelings on this?
Old Dec 22, 2009, 3:01 AM   #565

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Maicodd, you say no blurriness,, remember I ordered a Fisheye as well, and that is what you do not have, unless like I said or am saying a precise fit is needed or else weget a blurred edge,

yeah sorry I mistook the pics you took with the Fisheye with the ones made with the Wide-Angle. I was too busy with my own Wide-Angle lens :P but have now seen your excellent vimeo review The lighting is bad here in winter time and the snow makes it even worse (everything appears white ) and there are no flowers to film with my macro lens But you've seen my test-video
maicod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2009, 8:55 AM   #566

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgcc View Post
Thats fine - as long as it doesnt control the camera I'm less worried. I do like the smoother zoom of the 1.06 - but the way it increases the size of the videos is unacceptable to me. Normally with my 16 gb shdc card - I'd have 4 hrs and some 13 mins of [email protected] Now with 1.06 - I have 2hrs 45mins of [email protected] Thats a pretty significant increase! Especially since I dont feel the quality improved any. Anyone else have any feelings on this?

Kodak states up to 10 hrs of HD video, wit 32gb, false advertisement, or they totally just forgot, what up to really stands for , a fill in.

I wonder, and have to sit down and do tis over again one day LOL, but rather worry bout every single detail.

8gb I will with and I can go wit hthe 16gb as well, but not a 32gb, as I do not own one

8gb I get formatted hd720P60 1 hr 2 min 0 sec

and that does not seem correct,

the 16gb, hd 1080P 2:15, hd720p60 2:6 , and d720p30f 2:35 all zero secs.

so you have 10 extra minutes on me and tat seems to be about 1 meg more, and that may be because I have taken out of my GVS, you do not want to know how many minutes on that do you?

5hr 42 min 22 sec.

Details, yep it's interesting, a smaller bitrate, file size , etc, etc...

Hd1080P 4 hr 32 plus is not 10 hrs of hd1080P video Kodak is claiming of up to 10 hrs,

Hd720P60 Battery life - Approximately 90 minutes in video recording mode, 720p @ 30 fps 1 hour 20 minutes , Ten muites shy of the actual statement, never do they use up to ere where Approximately is wrong.

WVGA 1 hour 57 min plus up to not shown at all on the specs.

charging through the pc 4 hrs, with ac adp 2 hrs.

Using other key functions the file size should differ ,and when viewing hte online manual this cam was out before the updated firmware, and they corrected the Hand stabilization, to look like the Online manual a "EIS".

Battery life when at full does not mean we are still on full, When we record, we are using up a very powerful amount of battery life, these batteries should not have memory, so there is no need to fully deplete or trickle the battery.

when we arefilming the battery , we have absolutely no way of telling where we are at te indication while recording. the only way will be to stop recording, and do not try to hit the one of the four tabs while in record, you'll Dtop the record session

another issue to address to Kodak

when at stop the battery life can still be at full, or drop a bar, we are not at full 99-75% of battery, somewhere in that area. when we float between full and the next indicator, we may get mixed results, wecan turn off cam, come back later on and see a full bar, we can keep on, and continue the record, and drop to the next indicator, it again fluctuates. till it is locked in that section. around 30 minutes you'll think, it all depends. on how you use your cam. around 15-20 minutes if on hd1080P and other keys ON.

As I am looking for a chart on the file size, I have found none online, and will have to find my paper manual.

This tells us Kodak never taken thattime to tell us correctly, and we have to learn from others. till I can find that info then I cannot comment or make a statement LOL.

WVA is the smallest video res, and that is wat Kodak is referring to with the Amount of video to be taken in HD. old on WVGA is not HD, WVGA is a new term for DVD quality used to be called Q-vga, vga they just changed itto sound better 858x480, rather 640x480, or 720x480, whatever.

now that you have my two cents. I will turn to the Beep, no beep. as our member hit the nail on the head.

troubleshoot:

1 ac cord plugged in record, record, record, tell us you do ear the beep .

2 dc battery ave you tried a new one, your battery can have a bad cell\

te e member is correct that at 2nd indicator of battery life going to te last te cam will turn off sound, and when you turn off cam and turn on afew min's or later the sound is back for that one record, ten power save.

Manual states this, we tend no plug-n-play, never reading the manual.

if not ten the last resort will be a loose wiring, but have you listened to any video on te cam to hear a crackle?

the last thing of firmware, 1.03 will be the firmware's orginal, you may load only and only the Fw 1.03, because you'll lose the img (arcsoft) within the first few turn on/off to the pc. te file will get currupted, and can only be saved with a few reflashs

the cam has three drives:

drive A external memory, drive B internal memory, drive C arcsoft

we are allowed to delete Drive B subfolders only, Drive C we can delete the file as well, and should carefully think wen using it we can not, join with other folders, it is partitioned off

this cam has additional memory for firmare use 128mb should be the near figure

SOrry if I reambled on

Last edited by fishycomics; Dec 22, 2009 at 8:57 AM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2009, 6:18 PM   #567

Today I shot over 170 clips with Wide Angle, and some Fisheye.

I am not complaining, nor am upset, in any way, just happy that I did not film every single shot, when I was at WDW Disney World, with any other than the kodak, and its standards.

Here at The Miami Aquarium, I have these two photos to share, and like said before, a slow laptop, you are able to see, the difference between a Wide, and a Fisheye, thought I snapped a standard, oh well.

I shot the whole day in Wide, and some fisheye, and used the Aiptek GVS again, been here years ago with a still cam.

If one is going to use a Fisheye, a intro, would do best, ratehr watc all a blur, gives a great effect. You see that it shows the full surrounding. While the Wide captures a wider depth, and it is never a perfect capture, all day I had it on. and did my best.

At given times it fell off once, not while filming, but in my lap.

If I had to do it all over again, yes i would not hesitate, at least I now captured, the whole, rather partial

Kodak you must give us a switch for wide angle. SO easy to do, canon did this with their camcorder.

Old Dec 23, 2009, 9:43 AM   #568

Dealextreme.com, and usbfever.com, are two places to purcase your A Wide Angle lenses, but beware te additional, surcarges that are idden, and applied.

At Amazon.com Wide angle these are a 100mm diameter outside up to 17mm, a chance you'll take.

Your option of using deal, and usb are the additional hidden fee,

Your optio of using Amazon garanteed refund, shipping, and tax added, no hidden fee.

for tose who are looking, amy continue to look, make a decision, but be warned about hidden fees.

$1.00 plus here, and a $1.00 plus there added up to some money. this will be found on your statement when paid

Paypal got in on the act, as well as overseas. Your bad paypal.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 8:03 PM   #569

Thanks for the shop tips Fishy! Amazon UK stocks them too
=Alex= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2009, 8:45 PM   #570

Woah, I was on vacation for 5 days and everybody seems to have bought lenses!

Has anybody besides me bought the 2x telephoto lens? It seems like I'm the only one who has it.
If anyone is interested, here are some comparison pictures:

No lens attached:

0.67x Wide Angle:

2x Telephoto:

Note: There is vignetting in all modes except 1080p.

You can buy the 2x telephoto here:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15617
or
http://www.usbfever.com/index_eprodu...roducts_id=790

Last edited by NothingRare; Dec 23, 2009 at 9:00 PM.
NothingRare is offline   Reply With Quote