Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 25, 2009, 6:51 PM   #601

Quote:
Originally Posted by markr041 View Post
Let's continue the fun...

How about the same external mic in the Zi8 and the GVS? Then we know what accounts for any difference in sound. I don't have the GVS or I would do it.
LOL magic word FUN. I hear ya.

I probably already did some tests like that

The shots I show are of a vacation, and for one to be a pefectionist, to get it to the precise order , will be missing the FUN, lol

I am able to dig up some videos and edit as long as they are kept to a minimum, slow laptop editor , etc not fun. I am using TMI LOL

Another clip being worked on, and at a different time on this ride I show of the same scene. I am sure the Kodak is raised up to the 3rd increment and a ext mic, giving the GVS a fair shot.

both the same scenery has the same volume or level of sound, and have not touched the Audio at all, until it renders, and loads to youtube it will be some time . about a hour lol.
Old Dec 25, 2009, 7:50 PM   #602

Video is made, a few mo minutes.

Never doubting, I guess the T-40 by IBM, thinkpad sound is not the best, nor the worst, and not on my pc and sound system.

I edit with magix and can lower, denoise, hiss the sound somewhat. that can help improve either cam.

I have te Aiptek's for a long time and through thick-n-thin, ca nsay it is a great improvement.

Vwest.... tells met that the kodak has a limitor that will adjust the LOUD, overblown sound, to norm. if it peaks it will lower, and that as gain is raised, we'll be able to amplify the quieter sounds.

I wantto hear that pin drop, but id not want it to sound like " Honey I srunk the Kids" te Movie , in the yard, the grass scene LOL
My signiture to myself,
" these are a Pc low budget economy hybrid cam, not a home theater pro movie cam"

I know that, and know I can grab a expensive recorder, etc, etc.....

others will appriciate how well this low price device proformes. WOW!

What I am learning now. If I am filming in hd720P just fil in hd720P 60fps, If iam interested in igher quality, it's best to film in hd1080p and especially lower level shots. keeping the gadget functions OFF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qGPRgX6Rs0

allow just a few minutes from 847pm and youtube will have the clip on lol.

enjoy it, I felt the ride rushed 2nd time on. and had te right side second time round.

with Humphry Bogart, there is a screen, and iwas amazed in the clearity the kodak did to capture. this is only a shot wit hthe Wiz of Oz. the brightest part of the ride. to give both cams a fair chance
Old Dec 26, 2009, 7:25 AM   #603

As I will review some of the clips I shot, and hope others may agree or not, that te Kodak is a little to low in Audio input for recording of the internal mic (mono), that the Mic is located in a good area, just the DB level may need to be turned up a notch. As well to have a setting to lock the level of Mic gain, like a sweetspot.

Reason I say that the Mic level is low, and wat Ijust said above, I have to review some clips.

When walking in the Theme Parks, the cam should pick up every single detail of sound within a 3 foot diameter, outside scenery. without hesitation, and sould pick up whatever is within the front around a 10-20 foot radius.

And that is what I will observe of the shots I have taken.

To compare with the Aiptek, or any other cam, I am happy I had some back up I ope others enjoyed my shots, never perfect, nor am I We just do not have time to film, film, film, when fun, fun, fun is around LOL

Am I the only one that notices te lowness, or are others very pleased, and yet to find out?
Old Dec 26, 2009, 8:22 AM   #604

We talked a litlle about Arcsoft "TMI" total medial impressions.

Some found the program Slow, some found it interesting, and some just did not even bother, we ave prefrences, but give this program a chance, and it may just work out for ya.

away from the pc, and having magix as well loaded up, taking a extremely long time, I thought I load TMI up, and use te browse features.

I had troubles due to downgrade/upgrade, and other reasons, I have tmi running.

I like how it animates the thumbnail wen highlighted over with the mouse, gives the chance to see what I shot, then a letter of Q in my doc of the pcm ir a still pic of magix. I am able to rename with three slow left clicks, my choice, and add what tey are , so when not using the program, I now know what Ihave on that Q file , LOL.

the program works at a good speed if you ask me, I am not saving a hundred clips, etc, etc, I am only doing a few. three clips, a transition for te whole, and 15 minutes later I have a saved file, if that is to slow then we do not know what oter programs will work for ya.

Remember tere is a limit, for a free Program, amd this program outside can cost up to $100.00 usc. this program will get any video back into the Kodak, or any othe device.

I am happy , I can edit, and share some moments wit others, and not worry about how long it saves,

walk away and come back later, if you care notto wait. but do notsay this program is garbage, it given with the cam try it, then decide for yourself.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 9:39 AM   #605

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gkzMdf7r_w

the last two or few posts may wrap the Audio issue up, for me.

As in the above short Movie. you hear me say single ride, the water splas, and rockstar talking. not bad. and not sure if the mic gain is up, I know Iraised it up most the time of important videos LOl

the waterscen WOWED! me and that is only just a few. it's amazing of the clearity, and wished now that ishot, and I know i did on some in hd1080P lol
Old Dec 26, 2009, 2:07 PM   #606

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcCK5OG83qY

At the Miami Aquarium , here are some parrots, while te Handler, may have not been the favorite of one parrot, the other just wanted is/er favorite.

enjoy the clip.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 3:10 PM   #607

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNEQsiwihLM

Here is that Audio difference, and as well a fisheye, oh, and you see me at the last second, reacing to change to wide angle

guessing I best not complain about loud noises, only pointing out

Imitation fisheye, of dealextreme.com lol

when given a chance shall work on a short movie showing that the FE will do fine LOL never improving the edging.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 3:50 PM   #608

That fisheye is horrible!
NothingRare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2009, 4:25 PM   #609

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingRare View Post
That fisheye is horrible!
Keep reminding me oh please keep reminding me. that whole day I shot with W.A. and FE LOL

I was hoping I had these lenses before I left for my trip, and before I went to my places LOL.

Not upset, and I am pleased, I know what to expect from a such a low priced product.

Others in here will now stop, and think before tey make a order

the FE is a imitation lens. I have one more to review LOL

I have a clip, but to show now take a lil long , another time.
of manatese around the pool, and hte FE did a good job getting the whole pool, but not the focus we're after. at least I was on top the whole area and the whole pool was there. and you can here me and Mom talking of why I placed on the lens LOL

Last edited by fishycomics; Dec 26, 2009 at 4:27 PM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2009, 4:36 PM   #610

Here you go, thought I ad trouble finding te video lol.

click the pic for the video .

you see that I was able to capture but not in clearity. you may say this is a ruined shot, hope you enjoy the clip