Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 29, 2009, 5:15 AM   #631

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Ken View Post
Didn't see it mentioned in this thread (or may have missed it) but video playback on my HDTV seems to be pretty poor when I connect using the HDMI cable. I'm wondering if anyone else has any complaints with HDMI output.

Note that when I copy video off the SD card and watch it on my computer it looks great. Also, I can convert it with my Mac and stream it to my PS3 (connected to my HDTV) and it looks good.
I often use this cam as PMP, using 10' "mini-HDMI ~ HDMI" cable bought from Mono, picture is amazing even on 72" DLP. My cable has ferrite core on both ends, don't know if this helps but have always op for ferrite core on both ends when buying cables. don't know what cable you have but it may have poor connection on some contacts.

As for EIS, I normally switch off until I want to shoot with cam in steady position and subject moving. I don't think this version of EIS is designed for panning cam around. If you watch those great movies, you will notice that cam rarely pan, zoom or tilt (yes, I know they have tripod). If you are holding the cam by hand without the benefit of the tripod, EIS sure helps a lot. I have watched movie maker spent 2~3 hours setting up for 10 seconds shot, and usually during this 10 seconds, cam never move, its the subject that moves. A common mistake many people do is, move the cam around, this is what created dizziness for viewers of home movie. Obviously setting up cam in perfect location for shooting is not always available so people just keep doing the way they did - Pan left, pan right, pan left and pan righ again, then up then down ect etc.

Anyway, still travelling in Hongkong and have yet to see Zi8. Cheers!
maxhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:35 AM   #632

Awaiting a item or items from anoter manufacturer, and maybe Maxhuey would have been the man to pick them all up for us

Some members mention Wide Angle, some a skin cover. I wished I had a skin cover LOL.

Well the item I am awaiting is yet another wide angle, unsure te inside diameter, and getting close, will have both hopefully to do my long overdue reviews.

The item or items shipped from ong Kong, or the tracking, I find vert useless as by the time it arrives, the info is still in the wrong stages

Even at our home P.O they ask would you like a trcking for a fee. why. no one sits tere updating the arrival to that house time. LOL.

just venting steam, I am a paitent man. and not upset.

T- minus ow many days? and yet to see ow true Jeff Hayzlette told us that a new product is released, the name could at least ave been mentioned if one asks. the product is packed, its in shipping stages. go figure.

it just dows not appear overnight on sale LOL or does it LMAO!
Old Dec 30, 2009, 4:59 AM   #633

Default HK

I have not had time to visit Kowloon side yet, this is where really lots of camera stores are located. in Hong kong side, there are also many camera stores but not much in accessories except for Broadway Camera. I did not find any wide angle or tele lenses that will fit Zi8 or with adapter ring that will fit. I saw a cheap set (cheap = US$40) but the quality is poor and I can almost see that lenses will be of very poor quality. maybe I will go over Kowloon side tonight (if wife permits ). I find prices in HK just as much if not more than say, Amazon etc. New york seems to be the lowest average prices.

Skin Cover? there are a billion skin covers here, for every thing else but Zi8

yahooo!!! she said OK!

Last edited by maxhuey; Dec 30, 2009 at 5:01 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 6:45 AM   #634

yahoo, so when you go you get one for yourself, and one for us, me and the members here.

Yes NYC is a place for bargains, but yes online at Dealextreme, or usbfever I will order and awaiting some pictures of ong Kong s oI can say WOW! at least I acan daydream I been there virtually

(all fun)

I hope you're getting all the video you can save

remember hd720P 60f at night shot are not 60f, tey degrade to 30f.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 7:31 AM   #635

Wile away, Iam still using TMI (total media impressions), and writing this blog up, I am about 30 plus % and 7 frames 4 are titles, and 3 are around 15 second clips, and by the time I finish blogging I should be ready to load to youtube, and online.

The program is good, fair if you ask me again, I love how you can highlight over the thumbnail created, and it plays without sound, wo can ask for more, sound , LOL

In the vid, I am showing a scene:

Hd 720P 60fps and shot in a low level, a lower lever, and then in HD1080P 30fps, not HD1080P low level where it was before it changed. I did not think it was necessary , to late, another video will be needed for the picky.

All is rendered to HD720P 30FPS, and then site converts to their format FLV or SWF.

Will there be a difference, will 30fps be better, allow a smoother night shot, or will hd1080P be better to film.

Youtube sound, just conversation enjoy te clip it's just a clip.

video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qu6f6N4pOY

added notes as always low level ligting I ave a clip that Iam deffently on a good angle offilming and I am still amazed how light reflects of the cam
Old Dec 30, 2009, 8:33 PM   #636

Hi guys, just joined the site. I searched the internet for "Kodak ZI8 play movies PS3" and I found this place.

I just started fooling around with my camera and I'm trying to figure out what I have to do to watch videos from this camera on the PS3.

I've been able to see photos simply by taking the card out of the camera and putting into the PS3, but I can't watch videos from the card.

Does anybody know why, and or what I need to do?

Thanks so much, Joe
joetoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2009, 8:41 PM   #637

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetoronto View Post
Hi guys, just joined the site. I searched the internet for "Kodak ZI8 play movies PS3" and I found this place.

I just started fooling around with my camera and I'm trying to figure out what I have to do to watch videos from this camera on the PS3.

I've been able to see photos simply by taking the card out of the camera and putting into the PS3, but I can't watch videos from the card.

Does anybody know why, and or what I need to do?

Thanks so much, Joe
How bout using the HDMI cable that came with the Zi8?
NothingRare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2009, 6:53 AM   #638

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingRare View Post
How bout using the HDMI cable that came with the Zi8?
And plug it in where, NothingRare?

I know I could plug the camera straight into the plasma via HDMI, but that's a pain in the butt, because it's on the wall.

Like I said, When I take the card out of the camera and put it into the PS3, I can watch pics but no video.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what your saying.

Thanks just the same though.
joetoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2009, 7:11 AM   #639

when you say PS3 is that a playstation 3? or is just a Plazma tv?

Welcome aboard JoeT.....

I am no Pro, and cannot answer te question if it is to the Playstation 3. te way Nothing rare says, it is simple as plugging the cable of te Kodak behind a rubber door of te cam to. a HDMI port on a device.

if that device is a HDTV, or lcd tv, playstation, or Xbox, etc, etc. that port may or may not be available on some devices.

I own a Sony with a readable port for a sony card, and other type of plugs.

We own other Dtvs that have te HDMI ports and a sd card slot

We own a DTV with the HDMI pot but no sd slot

So I have some experience, right. lol.

Older sets with sd slots may or may not play video, and only jpeg files, newer sets of today will have more options to play the movie if a sd card, or hdmi port. one cannot afford everything of a obsolete world LOL.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 7:12 AM   #640

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetoronto View Post
And plug it in where, NothingRare?

I know I could plug the camera straight into the plasma via HDMI, but that's a pain in the butt, because it's on the wall.

Like I said, When I take the card out of the camera and put it into the PS3, I can watch pics but no video.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what your saying.

Thanks just the same though.
Maybe PS3 can not handle H264?