Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 31, 2009, 7:21 AM   #641

By PS3, I do mean Playstation 3, fishycomics.

The SD card is a 32GB, Sandisk. I guess the PS3 can't recognize the video files, I'm not sure.

maxhuey: What does H264 mean?
joetoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2009, 7:29 AM   #642

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetoronto View Post
By PS3, I do mean Playstation 3, fishycomics.

The SD card is a 32GB, Sandisk. I guess the PS3 can't recognize the video files, I'm not sure.

maxhuey: What does H264 mean?
thanks. I own a PS2 LOL outdated .

So the question is have you converted to a format that will allow to play?

QT.mov h264 codec I wonder if are forced into the WVGA resolution one, since Hd720p, and HD1080 are hi def video, not WVGA.

WVGA could have been contained as a wmv file, like my casio ex-v7, while others were qt on it.

well I guess you have to try some conversions then?
Old Dec 31, 2009, 7:41 AM   #643

Ya, I guess so.

I plugged the camera straight into the plasma, by the way, and it looked awesome. Because it's a monitor though, without speakers, there was obviously no audio.

Maybe I'll leave the HDMI cable that came with it plugged into the back of my AVR, and then just plug the camera into it when I want to. It's a really simplistic and limited solution, to be sure, lol, but I'm not as tech savvy as you guys are.

And that's an understatement.

Thanks a bunch to everybody.
joetoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2009, 8:56 AM   #644

normally any device plugged into a port will produce aht the device has to offer, and that would be sound and video.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 9:00 AM   #645

A review of Usbfever.com will be worked on. As well Dealextreme.com.

As you may be very interested in this review, I ave sown a few samples, made a fast review, and hope to make one that benefits others of whic company, or companies they like to order from, of others are available you may Donate to me the Wide angle lenses, otherwise these are the only two I will review, and may auction off at a later date:

For now the Wide Angle 0.68x , and fish eye are in hand, thank you
Old Dec 31, 2009, 7:10 PM   #646

Here is the PS3 webpage on video formats. The PS3 will not play MOV files, but it will play MP4 files. MOV and MP4 are both containers that can use the MPEG-4 and H.264 codecs, however the PS3 won't parse the MOV container.
The PS3 can use the H.264 codec if it's in a proper container, i.e. MP4, so use a video converter of your choice (e.g. Handbrake) to convert the MOV file to MP4.
Baron Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2009, 9:05 PM   #647

if that is so, then try renaming the .mov to mp4
Old Dec 31, 2009, 10:40 PM   #648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Ken View Post
Here is the PS3 webpage on video formats. The PS3 will not play MOV files, but it will play MP4 files. MOV and MP4 are both containers that can use the MPEG-4 and H.264 codecs, however the PS3 won't parse the MOV container.
The PS3 can use the H.264 codec if it's in a proper container, i.e. MP4, so use a video converter of your choice (e.g. Handbrake) to convert the MOV file to MP4.
get yourself a WDTV box and all problem solved.

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digita.../dp/B002KKFP9Y

Last edited by maxhuey; Jan 1, 2010 at 12:55 AM.
maxhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2010, 7:53 AM   #649

http://vimeo.com/8483542

Here is one of the Reviews I made in a full, unedited way.

Dealextreme.com, and Usbfever.com, both the same Lneses, of te company, Wide angle, and Fisheye.

Boxs are different, packaging are different, sellers are different.

Fisheye is a imitation, and I stand clear, if you are not after that effect, save your money, all I can say, thank you

Wide Angle:

You'll see others post their excellent clips, and they may just be Edited for perfection, and that said, 90% of the clip works out, you'll have a unclear background of lettering in a landscape mode, and blurred edges.
Perfection will not fix the issue or issues, period.

Deal extreme lenses

Usbfever lenses

you have now both to choose from Dealextreme, or Usbfever.

You feel like spending More thinking it's better, or goingfor a bargain and thinking you got the better deal. the choice is yours,

if you go for the bargain I will be happy to place my hand out for hte commission on this and take alf te price of what usb cost and you'll still come out ahead.

enjoy
Old Jan 1, 2010, 1:13 PM   #650

If you just point the camera before/after shots at a brick wall, I think you will start to notice the lack of quality they both have at the outer part of the lens. The wide angle lens shots are very soft, same results I got. (bought .67x from dealxtreme) The images get really bad when shooting in less then ideal conditions. Personally I don't think a ipod/cellphone style lens converter will be any good.
garman is offline   Reply With Quote