Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 2, 2010, 10:58 PM   #661

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
this is the usbfevers pkg of fisheye, and wide angle.
the pkg is a lot smaller then the dealextreme. many shots are made and will be aired soonm for now thank you.

have you seen this companies pkg around they are the same to the T of the lenses of the fis and w.a and cost near double.

yes I have seen many Smart Lense products but no lens kit for cell phone camera. eithert they are popular to sold out or just no one wants them here.

I am very happy with the results of the lens kit I bought, will try to contact the store to see if they can order more.
maxhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2010, 12:39 AM   #662

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhuey View Post
maybe a "double" Zip-Lock bag will do the same??

http://cgi.ebay.com/DiCAPac-WP550-un...QQcmdZViewItem

personally those bags aren't very clear. the image would look hazy through them, and i'm not sure how deep you can take them, plus the durability would be in question as well.
garman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2010, 8:08 AM   #663

Yeah, I use a glad bag, but I am sure the bag you shown on Ebay will fit models of that sized bag.

If the plastics are clear, and a solid that be better , but if it is soft and to felxable, we know the outcome

I preferre a casing, rather a bag, but a bag may offer a easier fit in the pcoket, but never knowing if a tear was made
I would always doublecheck the bag, but weknow excitement wins over concerns lol.

a great find I am sure thanks for the sharing
Old Jan 3, 2010, 8:36 AM   #664

Well.

as I save eac folder whatever generated names, I just keep that folder Kod168
and inside kod168_0123. the count continues foward if its 500 clips later at least the count still will be Kod168_5123

the trick now would to be getting a folder that you like of the name, and then fool around with the file names

So makes me wonder IF iget a folder I like, b/c Iknow if I generate my own either a new one is made or I get to use that one as long as it is KOD***

So that will be the fun getting hte correct one you want, and as long as you do not delete , you're good to go. not the fix we're after but the answer to your concerns.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 8:21 AM   #665

Quote:
Originally Posted by garman View Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/DiCAPac-WP550-un...QQcmdZViewItem

personally those bags aren't very clear. the image would look hazy through them, and i'm not sure how deep you can take them, plus the durability would be in question as well.
Just happened to be at the Hong Kong Product Expo, saw this scuba camera bag for HK$10 (about US$1.20) each or you can by 2 bags for HK$15 (US$2.00)

Plastic is clear type.

Last edited by maxhuey; Jan 4, 2010 at 8:27 AM.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 8:58 AM   #666

WOW! I cannot imagine how a company can make Money on that if it's how much a dollar , if it doesn't work out. always use it as a waterproof bag for the car in the trunk, keeping papers dry.

Did you place the cam inside and snap a photo. that be awesome t osee what exactly the pic will look like.

Max..... the Kodak is that your primary cam, or you have a backup as well there?
Old Jan 4, 2010, 12:51 PM   #667

Quote:
WOW! I cannot imagine how a company can make Money on that if it's how much a dollar , if it doesn't work out. always use it as a waterproof bag for the car in the trunk, keeping papers dry.
HK people are extremely efficient, they can produce HQ product in a zip so they can sell at just 8% above cost but sell millions of them. These bag are nothing more than heavy duty plastic sheets sealed together, then a velcro and a strap, very similar with the one selling at ebay.

Quote:
Did you place the cam inside and snap a photo. that be awesome t osee what exactly the pic will look like.
I did not buy one as I am not so much of a water person. Also was running out of time as they were closing so I did not try taking a snap with cam inside. The plastic is clear though...

Quote:
Max..... the Kodak is that your primary cam, or you have a backup as well there?
I have canon AS1100, its 12.1 MP but photos is not much better than Zi8, Movie @640 X 480 is very smooth. This is what I use to take the bag photo (Zi8 was running out of juice at that time - end of the day)

I bought a portable power supply made by Camelion battery, uses 2 AA's and comes with USB & several different connectors for different cell phones. Unfortunately, the salesman (for big comapny like Camelion Batteriy and this is a trade show) cheated by removing the 2 "included" rechargeable batteries and replacing it with 2 exhausted alkaline batteries. The cost of the power supply package is HK$50 (US$7) so I didn't bother going back (I would have pound him on the head until brain comes out the bottom end if I did). I think I will just report to HK authority in the morning to see what will happen to this guy. I know HK authority frowned on these kind of events.

It is unfortunate but I have to said this: To those of you who plans to buy stuff in Hong Kong, don't be naive, dishonesty is very much alive and well here!!!

Last edited by maxhuey; Jan 4, 2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 1:42 PM   #668

Max...

Thank you, for taking personal time on your trip to answer the questions.

great a portable batt suplly.

I see you had a backup plan and that is good , the Portable batt supply of 2aa if 2 batts will most likely last about one battery charge, my 4aa gave me two charges, or an additional couple of hours.

I may onbe day pick up the Kpodaks one, or like to hear if otehrs have it and what are their thoughts on it.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 12:43 PM   #669

Hey guys, Today I tried recording something off of an SDTV with my ZI8 and I was getting strange anomalies. I would get bars across the screen or constant flickering on my zi8. I'm assuming its normal because of the refresh rate, but is there any way to fix this?
gl0ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2010, 5:16 PM   #670

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl0ry View Post
Hey guys, Today I tried recording something off of an SDTV with my ZI8 and I was getting strange anomalies. I would get bars across the screen or constant flickering on my zi8. I'm assuming its normal because of the refresh rate, but is there any way to fix this?
That happens with pretty much all CRT screens/monitors.
It's not the camera's fault.
NothingRare is offline   Reply With Quote