Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 10, 2010, 1:13 PM   #701

I hear, people are getting the excitement over the Zx3 ..............

will the fixs be in the cam.

My question, how many people complained to kodak about the issues, and yet to see the fix , as they are still with fw 1.06?

When one gets the ZX-3 the none will find out, if it is the same, then they wished they had the zi8.

I think I am happy and contented with what I have, and what I shall show, will probably say, that sells me.........

a video says a thousand words my friend

on that note

enjoy
Old Jan 10, 2010, 1:20 PM   #702

Default i have some questions thanks in advance

I am going strai ght to point

1)Is it better to have eis off or on??i have 3 batteries so energy consume does not matter for me....
2)which is the best setting for shooting outdoor in a good day with nice sunlight??(an object with some action also and the size of video does not matter...)
3)which setting for mic is the best if it is a windy day,or a no windy day
4)which setting is the best for a low light situation...
5)if i am recording a party with faces indoor is it better to have face detection on??
6)if i am shooting photos of faces does the face detection has any difference??

(i have a plasma 42 inches hd ready...)

Thanks fishy for your perfect posts and all the guys from the forum for their help....
kosto30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 1:36 PM   #703

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosto30 View Post
I am going strai ght to point

1)Is it better to have eis off or on??i have 3 batteries so energy consume does not matter for me....

EIS is in my eyes is a gimmick, and it is best t okeep in the off position when filming, so no wobble occurres, if you're using a tripod, why have EIS on. EIS uses battery Hd1080P EIS on 50 plus minutes, OFF 1 hr 20 min.
2)which is the best setting for shooting outdoor in a good day with nice sunlight??(an object with some action also and the size of video does not matter...)

Ideal daytime setting will be in my eyes Hd720P 60fps. editing, posting online, is already justified, show me a site that is 60fps and hi def in quicktime format. One can always shoot hd1080P and lower res, but onewho shoots WVGA canconvert up but not the same
3)which setting for mic is the best if it is a windy day,or a no windy day

gain up two or three taps, you only have 4 up, and 4 down, keeping defualt you may not get one in a distance, my video shows that.
4)which setting is the best for a low light situation...

Hd1080P reason hd720p60f wil lower to 30f, so ina well lit situation, going to a low lit, the vide owill drop down, and not save atthe higher rate.
5)if i am recording a party with faces indoor is it better to have face detection on??

If the people are within the range, and are not running rampid, I think face detect may capture only within 8 feet, but work extra hard when they are at the limit of its range, kodak never claimes or tells what the range is
6)if i am shooting photos of faces does the face detection has any difference??

Face is supposed to adjust if it is color light etc, not a pro, but I try so hard to get jake and max with face but never ever do i see. Lol only works on Humans different heat.... wait , why does a photo frame on my wl gets picked up LOL No i think face is a jokeas well. saves power if left off.I see no difference. with a Interpolated still.

(i have a plasma 42 inches hd ready...)

Thanks fishy for your perfect posts and all the guys from the forum for their help....

Welcome Aboard Kosto30...
Old Jan 10, 2010, 3:02 PM   #704

you are the best...thanks for your time....
kosto30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2010, 3:58 PM   #705

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosto30 View Post
you are the best...thanks for your time....
AsI keep it real. you'll get the answer you're after. enjoy
Old Jan 10, 2010, 8:39 PM   #706

http://vimeo.com/8661219
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOGp5GxljHU

Wdw Disney resorts Transportation movie:

I hope you enjoy this personal video, showing day one taking disneys resorts transportations, and i left thesound normal as i am narratting over it.

Others may find using default will do best for this purpose while I believe I raised up once on the cam you can hear the difference.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 11:16 PM   #707

since this thread has 70+ pages, couldn't really scour through - so now i joined to ask if anyone else is having this problem and why:

the zi8 records at 1080p - yet when connected to the lcd hdtv via hdmi the tv tells me it's only 1080i

anyone?

thanks in advance
masterbeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2010, 12:54 AM   #708

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbeta View Post
since this thread has 70+ pages, couldn't really scour through - so now i joined to ask if anyone else is having this problem and why:

the zi8 records at 1080p - yet when connected to the lcd hdtv via hdmi the tv tells me it's only 1080i

anyone?

thanks in advance
possible your LCD TV does not accept 1080P?
maxhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2010, 5:56 AM   #709

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbeta View Post

anyone?

thanks in advance
70 plus pages, and correct it is not in here the answer, normally if I finda pro, and a con about the cam I post to the first page.

Does the camera work on the tv via hdmi anyway? yes - no

if it does i say forgetaboutit.

If it does not accept through your controls orset up of the tv, can you bypas etc....

otherwise I do not have aHdmi port here i use the sd tv playback, maybe if in time I shall go to the Costco brandset V... something and do a tutorial.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 7:29 AM   #710

Default just got to talk to my buddie who work at BestBuy

I am in Taipei & he is in Seattle, I called him via M-Jack, talk for free. He said there are a good number of TV that are rated 1080p but good only up to 1080i, specially those on ridiculously low sale price (Apex is one to avoid). at the same scenario, there're also quite a number of them (some LG models) that ATSC tuner does not work in US & Canada. Most people who bought them don't even know, they just buy to watch SD. My own Tosh 72" will not show 1080p either, just 1080i.

Last edited by maxhuey; Jan 11, 2010 at 7:31 AM.
maxhuey is offline   Reply With Quote