Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 14, 2010, 6:54 AM   #731

I knoticed for awhile the Polaroids at Target. and I am keeping to a simple way lol

does it not look from the outside like a Kodak.,
Old Jan 14, 2010, 6:57 AM   #732

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosto30 View Post
dear fishy what do you think of those products for our zi8 light add on??Do you think is going to improve night recording in a club for expampe or in a indoor party

have a look on this link http://www.prestocart.com/cgi-bin/or...lingbling&fm=1

your opinion is always usefull...
my comment will be its a base forthe zi8 now to stand correctly

1000 watts of power I hear is astart. if you have led lights I say test it out. before a purchase

I seen dealextreme.com or was it a led search of 40 plus leds make your own that I may try before I buy this.

I am no pro, nor given freebees. see what others think I know it will throw 2 feet or so light no more. do not expect 15 feet diameter orradius to be filmed. I thank you .
Old Jan 14, 2010, 3:21 PM   #733

Well for those of us who love to make our fun stuff:
http://www.instructables.com/id/The-...eo-and-Photos/
Just add more LED's to it and wider spread and and u got urself yur very own homemade LED ZI8 Video Lamp
I think this is going to be my next project, quite useful to be able to add some extra lighting when it's dark and theurge to pick up the camera comes on. Still working on my clearplastic casing for my Zi8 pics coming when I am done

Last edited by Roeters; Jan 14, 2010 at 3:27 PM.
Roeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2010, 3:46 PM   #734

excellent project. I seen like I said above and I know ityped in just led to get some kits . with around 15.00

guess you cannot go wrong for 3.00 plus free shipping lol atdealextreme.com

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.31582
Old Jan 14, 2010, 4:30 PM   #735

hello all. a bit overwhelmed to gloss through this entire thread as i just bought this and with all the apparent changes from firmware to firmware i don't want to read into any dated misinformation. on firmware 1.06. only real glaring issue here is the zoom as it gets darker the more you go in with a small hiccup in the middle depending on how low of light you're in. i understand there's no fix for that. curious about a few other things though..

does everything seem closer than it actually is to everyone else? after years of recording videos on various canon point and shoots it's difficult to get used to.

what is the lens protected with? is it safe to just run the tip of my tshirt to clean it off since it's always exposed?

everytime i turn the mic up, when i turn the zi8 off and turn it back on it's gone back to default (in the middle), any workaround for this? or is it suggested to just use the default? i haven't played around with the difference but if it distorts the audio a good deal by going up i'd rather keep it at default.
emeralds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2010, 4:41 PM   #736

1 mic gain will alwaysset back, if you are in a low and need to raise you do so, there is a limitor or some type of level talked about with Vwest. but we get more bass then distortion.

2 lens protector issafe to run as long as you do not use any type of metal with it.
in the pocket , it collects dust, ihave to always take a look when shooting lol

3. welcome to Hi def the depth offield. all about lense equilivants there ar no real settings and they crop or adjustto what they feel is wide enough afix is a wide angle lense, dealextreme.com 11.13 till out ofstock or out of busines, or price change.

Firmware changes will not fix theadjustment of level of lightto digital zoom. unless one sends a letterto customer service. and that become two,....... to many people say whatthey feel, tillthen no fixs. descuss all you like here, but no fixs will evergeet made.
I garantee you'll enjoy your continued fun here enjoy
and weclome aboard Emerald....
Old Jan 14, 2010, 6:00 PM   #737

Well since I am pretty lazy at times and did find a few of these in my toolbox, I am going to drill a hole in it and put it through to the tripod connector on the camera or I might just velcro or rubberband two of these babys on each side or sumthing:

Am also gonna make a honeycomb whitefilter for this lamp got two of those lying around and well it's cold and dark outside and you need projects to get the days last longer Reason for making this filter is that it is a halogen lamp and is very yellow and warm in color and since I was thinking of using them together with a green screen a more white light is what you should be looking for.

Last edited by Roeters; Jan 14, 2010 at 6:14 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:20 PM   #738
ApG

hey guys. this person has a pretty good led light that works well with the Zi8: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT4C0gVx6qM

The only thing with that is I'm worried if I were to use that with filming people in low light they would get really bugged with a bright light in their face.

side note:
It's probably been discussed already but quick question. Is there video editing software that saves the output in 60fps?

and a follow up question. Does recording at 60fps noticeably produce a smoother video on youtube vs recording in 30fps knowing that youtube is capped at 30fps? If not, what is the point of recording in 60 fps if assuming editing software does not save in 60 fps and youtube is capped at 30 fps and the only time that we see 60 fps is when we connect the Zi8 directly to an HDTV.

Thanks in advance.

by the way here a couple vids i took with the Zi8 a month or so ago when on vacation in the Philippines. enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zY0y9C6wls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwZwH-Qs0DE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDMt-6-tHek
http://apgfoo.blogspot.com/
ApG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2010, 3:34 AM   #739

Apg, I really like that lamp you showed there where did you find it?
Old Jan 15, 2010, 4:26 AM   #740

1 If you film in hd720p 60F :
editing pograms have options when rendering so you choose the best that fits your needs it is 60,30,15 etc, etc...

2. if you film in a low level, you will not be filming in 60fps, because the camera will adjust down to 30fps due to a sensor and shutter no manaul over ride.

3. when placing any video to any online site , exept a few, and direct Download. you ar bestto stream it that be wmvhd format, rather any other format.
just the things i do.