Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 21, 2009, 6:54 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
SO I was thining of a case to make, and I have this other idea in mind. it may not allow me to use the dc port, but anything is possable.

TheExternal mic modification of having the two mics on the bottom in a base.

I am wondering how to get three mics to work.
I forget the name, but you might be able to get a an array mike that you can plug in, and then pit that in the case.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2009, 7:01 PM   #72

If you're having trouble with a download let me know the file Link, as I had no issues downloading hte no. 1 hd 1080p 1 minute plus, I am loading to mediafire, and rapidshare. and it's a lil slower.

The Kodak at night does a decent job. happy with it. i wouldsay if I had to read the lecense plate wit hthe camcorder I could, the Emblem of the chevy I could, but if i had to read the interior guages I could not. it showed a pritty good job with the video. and i say thumbs up in LIGHTED areas.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2009, 7:02 PM   #73

http://rapidshare.com/files/29615349...1080p.MOV.html

this is no 1 30 plus meg of rapidshare
Old Oct 21, 2009, 7:29 PM   #74
ApG

Hey Fishy, I remember you talking about Zagg. Well Zagg just Zagged the Zi8. Here's the youtube link lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MnMoR5J3jw
http://apgfoo.blogspot.com/
ApG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2009, 7:48 PM   #75

ha-ha-ha. I posted to add the ZI8, I find that funny with the Dremil LOL. thanks APG
Old Oct 21, 2009, 8:17 PM   #76

Hi, I'm sorry I'm new, but I had a few questions. Just got my Zi8 the other day, really happy with it except zoom. Oh well, but the I heard about fw 1.05. Does anyone have a concrete review of version 1.05 vs 1.03? I'd like to know if I should upgrade or not. Also I'm not the best camera knowledgeable person but what's the difference between 720p 60fps and 720p 30fps, maybe my eye is not trained but I don't really notice a difference. Lastly, anyone have a screen protector for this? I've been using the one that came with it but it's falling off. Thanks in advance!
xionnex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2009, 4:01 AM   #77

Welcome aboard, sorry this last page hada offtopic descussion, and the la few do own, and a few do not.

1. firmware is mentioned of the fix on the site . sound, zoom, and language. corrects a lil more then that ...

If you load up you can load back that is thegood side. if you do not like it one confirmed it. not I

I have not yet upgraded, and to give me observation.

720P is 1280x720

30 or 60.
our naked eye cannot see faster then 60fps a lil faster, but that is where we draw the line, and most games today are played at that speed. the higher the fps 9frames per second) slower the speed is allowed for smoother playback of creating slow miotion.

It's best to film in 720P 60f, so when sports scenes cars any object that is in view will not look slanted, out of spec etc,
Old Oct 22, 2009, 11:13 AM   #78

Oh ok, gotcha, thanks for the quick response. I think I'll probably take the dive and upgrade and see if I maybe could make use of my zoom function.
xionnex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2009, 2:27 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by xionnex View Post
Oh ok, gotcha, thanks for the quick response. I think I'll probably take the dive and upgrade and see if I maybe could make use of my zoom function.
on the main page is the older version for a limited time.

Digital zoom never the best.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 3:30 PM   #80

Hi all. first post from me... I've been enjoying this discussion and had to sign up and ask a couple of things!

I"m currently trying to decide on a camera for a very specific task and the Zi8 is one of the options and I'm trying to work out if it'll be ideal or not.

I basically need the camera to sit on the dashboard of a car and to film both the driver and the passenger for long periods of time (like 6 hours) to be edited down later.

I will be able to plug the camera in so battery life won't be a problem but earlier it was mentioned that cameras in Europe automatically cut off from recording after a set period of time. Is this just hybrid types? Does that include the Zi8 and the Aiptek GVS? I'm in Europe btw! Also, with these camcorders that record to card, is the issue of Pal/NTSC no longer a problem? I.e. can I buy a camera from the US (hence avoiding the annoying limitations and also possibly getting it cheaper) and will the format be the same and just as useable in conjunction with my tape from the other camera I'll be using (Sony A1) in the film?

The second issue would be whether the lens angle would be wide enough to get both the driver and passenger in. Using a flat camera like the Zi8 or pistol grip one like the Aiptek or Sanyo Xacti would help this issue as I tried with a Sony a1 and it was too close to comfortably pick up both driver and passenger. Do those of you who have the above mentioned cameras think it would work if i squeezed either of the cameras in the corner of the car?

I'm going to use an external mic so that's why these particular models interest me but the continuous filming thing could be a deal breaker.

The other thing is file type. Can the files that are recorded on the Aiptek and the Zi8 be easily imported into Final Cut Pro? I've heard conflicting reports about this on the internet. Some say they are just .mov files and that they can be simply drag and dropped in, some say one would need to log and transfer them which is easy and some say that you need to log and transfer or covert the files which leads to them being MASSIVE in size... and with such long files this would be clearly difficult for me to do!

Wow, loads of questions. Sorry to simply join and bombard... would be amazing if you guys could help as i've been going round and round the internet trying to get these questions answered and haven't really been getting anywhere!

Cheers
lazybones is offline   Reply With Quote