Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:24 PM   #801

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
http://sd1.movielocker.com/2810.wmv

Enjoy the video thank you
I tried to play this video and they ask me for money before I can play??
maxhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:36 PM   #802

I just downloaded the video. The video is secured! CPM is encoded. If I convert the file it is all gibberish noise.
garman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 3:16 AM   #803

Movielocker is a rental site donations, fees, or free, I chosen to test out the waters, and see if itworks or not. I believe the videos I played on the site ran smooth for me before I Joined.

When I have important Videos. that will be soon how i will be airing.

Thevideo that is aired is one of the videos already posted here.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 1:26 AM   #804
Zi8

Okay, so I'm on my 3rd Zi8 now and I'm a little frustrated. All of them so far has this whiny, high pitch noise when you zoom in and out. Of course, it needs to be relatively quiet to be able to hear this, but I'm just wondering now if the noise is just part of the camcorder's functions or I've been unlucky and received 3 defective ones in a row.

It did seem like people who put up videos on youtube with footage from their Zi8 had this noise too when zooming in and out, but I wanted to see if anyone else on this forum experienced the same issue.

And for the record, all 3 Zi8's were on the 1.06 firmware.

This video shows the problem I have: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtBscAA6-xw. Listen when he zooms in and out.

Last edited by Zi8; Jan 27, 2010 at 2:19 AM.
Zi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:22 AM   #805

I hear ya. when on and will hear and comment to that person...

thee re no gears. so it's all electronics.
I do not zoom on digital, orI rarely zoom,

If on 1.03 it's incremental in stages, so wonder if its just smooted out ,called streamlining or seamless. If the noise was present on 1.03, and will be silienced on 1.06

Did you contact. and leftfeedback to Kodak, notto the chat, notto the support, and to someone of kodak, your letter will only be placed on a bin file and till they have increased letters then willthey offer a fix, if present.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 9:14 PM   #806

Default yes there is a difference among different Zi8

I got my buddie's Zi8 today, he bought it about the same time I did last year but have not updated the FW, still at 1.01 so I use the same SD card that I upgraded mine to 1.06 to upgrade his. Everything went smooth except after the update, at 720/60 on 60% zoom, his picture went much darker than mine, I would estimate he lost 90% of the brightness!

KODAK, DO SOMETHING!!!
maxhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2010, 3:08 AM   #807

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhuey View Post
I got my buddie's Zi8 today, he bought it about the same time I did last year but have not updated the FW, still at 1.01 so I use the same SD card that I upgraded mine to 1.06 to upgrade his. Everything went smooth except after the update, at 720/60 on 60% zoom, his picture went much darker than mine, I would estimate he lost 90% of the brightness!

KODAK, DO SOMETHING!!!
Did you addressto customer feedback? ifnot Do so. or we wil not get a correction.
they'll say reflash when its is impossable because you do notsee action. just a dead line
Old Jan 29, 2010, 5:44 AM   #808

dear fishy could you post the email adress that we should send our email to kodak saying about zi8 issues??
kosto30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2010, 6:14 AM   #809
Uzi

I'm also a Zi8 owner since yesterday and happy so far (My old Sony Digital-8 camera is not leaving my home very often, my point-and-shoot nikon is only doing 640x480 video)

I'm I bit sorry the Zx3 is not out yet, but I will go on Holidays end of Feb and the Zx3 is not available before April according to Amazon.

I have a few questions though:

Has anyone tried an Aquapac camera bag with the Zi8 already? Does it worth to fork out 30 Eur for it?

I've also noticed my old HP Ipaq has a very similar DC adapter than the one comes with the Zi8, same plug and voltage, (but the HP one is rated 2A/5V, unlike the Zi8 one 1A/5V). Would the Zi8 drain too much juice if used with the HP adapter and get demaged?

What steps should I do to convert a DIVX file and import to the Zi8 and use it as a PMP? I've read all posts but still confused..

Do I understand correctly in 720p mode the zoom until 2x not degrading image quality (because of using a bigger part of the sensor)?
Uzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:51 AM   #810

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosto30 View Post
dear fishy could you post the email adress that we should send our email to kodak saying about zi8 issues??
kodak.com locate help...... when I get the chance I'll locate a few pages back ofa link sorry