Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 29, 2010, 4:21 PM   #811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
I've also noticed my old HP Ipaq has a very similar DC adapter than the one comes with the Zi8, same plug and voltage, (but the HP one is rated 2A/5V, unlike the Zi8 one 1A/5V). Would the Zi8 drain too much juice if used with the HP adapter and get demaged?
The amperage rating only determines the maximum current the power adapter can handle. I doubt the Zi8 draws anywhere close to 1 amp (1A) of current even when recharging its batteries. So, powering it with an adapter rated for 2 amps simply means you have even more reserve capacity above and beyond what the camera needs.
vwestlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:38 PM   #812

Quote:
Has anyone tried an Aquapac camera bag with the Zi8 already? Does it worth to fork out 30 Eur for it?
Glad Zip-Lock bag does the same work, cost you pennies...

Quote:
Would the Zi8 drain too much juice if used with the HP adapter and get demaged?
Very well explained above, short answer is no.
maxhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2010, 1:11 AM   #813
Zi8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zi8 View Post
Okay, so I'm on my 3rd Zi8 now and I'm a little frustrated. All of them so far has this whiny, high pitch noise when you zoom in and out. Of course, it needs to be relatively quiet to be able to hear this, but I'm just wondering now if the noise is just part of the camcorder's functions or I've been unlucky and received 3 defective ones in a row.

It did seem like people who put up videos on youtube with footage from their Zi8 had this noise too when zooming in and out, but I wanted to see if anyone else on this forum experienced the same issue.

And for the record, all 3 Zi8's were on the 1.06 firmware.

This video shows the problem I have: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtBscAA6-xw. Listen when he zooms in and out.
So has no one else experienced this high pitch problem with their Zi8's running 1.06 firmware?
Zi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2010, 7:34 AM   #814
Uzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhuey View Post
Glad Zip-Lock bag does the same work, cost you pennies...

Very well explained above, short answer is no.
Thanks for the answers, I'm checking out the Glad bag as well, even it is not easy to find in Europe. Would you also trust it enough to take the cam with you for snorkeling?

Good to know I have a spare charger now, I've tried them both as well and the worked vica versa.

FYI: I've seen some of you had the assumtion that the European version won't take more than 30 mins continously, I've tried it and it was no problem to cross the 30 minutes barrier....
Uzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2010, 9:33 AM   #815

If you're using a glad bag, ask yourself, how careful can you be, that a unexpected thing happ's and the bag is very easy to tear, yes there are differnt glad bags.

So would you modify your own case I am sure it is not hard I rather have glass likefront then plastic blurriness
Old Jan 31, 2010, 1:56 PM   #816

Default back to old

have a look at this...

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/hy...series-67.html

Thread # 665, about 1/3 way down from top, look at the picture, HK$10 for one (about US$1.50) or HK$15 for 2 (about US$2.10)
Old Feb 3, 2010, 3:53 PM   #817

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xoyhUZAd5k (no fee) kodak
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZJ_TZphcYw (no fee) samsung

awoke up and taken two cams, the samsung.

I later on turned on the beach/snow video comming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV3lOx0yYWk

Last edited by fishycomics; Feb 3, 2010 at 5:53 PM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2010, 10:49 PM   #818

Kodak compared to other cam is like Sony compared to other TV, Both Kodak & Sony had a way of making picture look naturally good, much better than competition in every which way.

BTW fish..., you poor soul in the east coast, buried under snow for most of winter while we here at west coast are experiencing mid 40's since last November. Cheers!

Last edited by maxhuey; Feb 4, 2010 at 9:21 AM.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 3:11 AM   #819

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhuey View Post
Kodak compared to other cam is like Sony compared to other TV, Both Kodak & Sony had a way of making picture look naturally good, much better than competition in every which way.

BTW Steve, you poor soul in the east coast, buried under snow for most of winter while we here at west coast are experiencing mid 40's since last November. Cheers!
POr Muddhuey

yes I am not steve.

thanks no snow here LOL

fri sat 3 inch to 6 inch expe ted and that i say is mighty fine for this 2010 season.

Was down south and the whole domestic states are under some global warming that we are fooling, or fooled with it's was not mother nature's Doing. LOL

So keep calling me wrong LOl no pun here. for your Info My name starts wit h a R LMAO!
Old Feb 4, 2010, 9:25 AM   #820

Sorry fishy, I was talking to another steve on the phone at the same time typing away...my fingers simply connect to the wrong nerve coming from the mouth...better stop doing multi-tasking from now on...

this better not happen in bed with wifie...