Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 7, 2010, 6:05 PM   #831

As I just finished editing 16 hrs of video. OT the jazz elite hdv 178, using Total media impressions, then using magix for the moviemaker part, I wanted a lil longer then 2min 33 sec's but very pleased with the outcome.

As the file was saved as qt.mov, I am awaiting the transfer, so I can see if the full video plays.

1 I am using Arcsoft total media impressions.

2 I am doing nothing other then just adding in the clip by clip t oi am ready to save, no editing.

3 I expect it to play perfectly in the Kodak zi8

I as well edited the clip in Magix movie edit pro 12 plus, and is now a wmv format less filesize.

1 I am doing nothing different then mentioned above.

2 I wil rename it correctly to play into the Kodak zi8

When both the .MOV and WMV is loaded I will try to play it, as orginal name, and rename it to play as well. Orginal nameis Jazz trials name it ***_****

andwill post the outcome.

Old Feb 7, 2010, 6:23 PM   #832

1 jazz orginal name and .mov will not play, but when rename to correct name example 101_1234. Perfection.

2 the tmi of wmv will play

So it is said the program you are using may have issues for you.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 7:32 PM   #833

Default New toy - WDTV live

Just picked up one of these media player, played all raw file from Zi8 well but when I use Media Impression to join many clips together, then play it in WDTV, it only give me audio with black screen. These stitched together clips played with well in Zi8 so I assume they are still H264. wonder what gives?
maxhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2010, 12:55 AM   #834

Full review of Zi8 on Camcorder info dot com

They didn't like it much, but said low light performance was good - almost as good as Flip...
Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2010, 1:17 AM   #835

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevmar View Post
Full review of Zi8 on Camcorder info dot com

They didn't like it much, but said low light performance was good - almost as good as Flip...
I don't know why they say in the comparison chart that the JVC Picsio GC-FM1 has a stereo microphone. All the sample clips I've found from it on YouTube have very poor quality monaural sound (much worse than the Zi8's built-in mono mic).

They were also using old firmware during the Zi8's review (as indicated by the lack of "EIS" text on the EIS menu option) and were unaware of the manual focus trick when they complained about the poor focal range.

All in all, there is no one "perfect" camera in this handheld category. You just have to pick the model with the features and design you like best, and learn to live with its pros and cons. Fishycomics has demonstrated this very well with all his videos comparing the Zi8, Samsung, and DOD F200.

Last edited by vwestlife; Feb 8, 2010 at 1:22 AM.
vwestlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2010, 2:57 AM   #836

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwestlife View Post
and were unaware of the manual focus trick when they complained about the poor focal range.
I am unaware of any manual focus trick. Could Fishy please summarize it the initial posts of this thread? Thanks Not all of us have the time to work through a topic this lengthy
Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2010, 4:13 AM   #837

the focal trick is found on vimeo, not mentioned yet on this topic:

http://vimeo.com/9040460

I watched it, and feltthat forcing the switch was not what I , or would want any otherperson to do. it may or not be a gentle force, am unsure how much force was needed.
The video iswhere weseen this, Vimeo only and ony those who find it can really comment to, youtube is more a place to search for things
Old Feb 8, 2010, 4:14 AM   #838

I aswell wil look later at the site, I guess I am just a average joe and have way more tosay / show then a website owner LOL.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 2:31 AM   #839

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
the focal trick is found on vimeo, not mentioned yet on this topic:

http://vimeo.com/9040460

I watched it, and feltthat forcing the switch was not what I , or would want any otherperson to do. it may or not be a gentle force, am unsure how much force was needed.
The video iswhere weseen this, Vimeo only and ony those who find it can really comment to, youtube is more a place to search for things
don't have to force it, just have to be able to move the switch somewhere 1/2 way, but no matter where I move it to, the depth of field did not change.
maxhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2010, 4:13 AM   #840

thanks i am currious but do not see it workingfor me either