Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:06 AM   #841
Uzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
1 jazz orginal name and .mov will not play, but when rename to correct name example 101_1234. Perfection.

2 the tmi of wmv will play

So it is said the program you are using may have issues for you.
Thanks a lot for checking this out. I'm checking it on my notebook now which has different codecs installed, I get sound there for the same file in preview mode as well, I'm looking forward for a working final file now. So it seems the Arcsoft Make Movie engine uses different codecs than the other media players (including Arcsoft as well), so better check the preview window before conversion.
Uzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2010, 11:14 AM   #842

I run what is given and willwork, and run as well ffdshow additional codecs.

I am again not a pro, and understand the frustration.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 11:44 PM   #843

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhuey View Post
Just picked up one of these media player, played all raw file from Zi8 well but when I use Media Impression to join many clips together, then play it in WDTV, it only give me audio with black screen. These stitched together clips played with well in Zi8 so I assume they are still H264. wonder what gives?
After many hours of fiddling with different conversion, I ended up using "H.264 Encoder" and this one works way better than those converter inside Media Impression. I use the highest conversion - 1080 - with virtually no lost of quality and the file became a tough smaller too. If I use the normal 720 conversion, the quality is still very good with very minor lost but the file is now about 40% smaller. This neat little program is available at .com
maxhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2010, 8:10 AM   #844

http://movielocker.com/2999/ Donations

this video and the next post are of drifitng in snow . enjoy

Last edited by fishycomics; Feb 10, 2010 at 4:29 PM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2010, 12:27 PM   #845

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IMIfdLrM1c

trailer free

Snow driftingwith car

Last edited by fishycomics; Feb 10, 2010 at 3:40 PM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2010, 4:25 PM   #846

I am recording at 720p/60fps and when i put the mov file onto my computer and watch it, it is very laggy. I have to make the movie window very small, about 4" x 4" for it not to lag. This doesn't make any sense to me and I am very confused.

I have the SanDisk SDSDRH-008G-A11 Ultra II 8GB/15MB SDHC Card so I don't tihnk that is the problem.
juicexct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2010, 4:33 PM   #847

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicexct View Post
I am recording at 720p/60fps and when i put the mov file onto my computer and watch it, it is very laggy. I have to make the movie window very small, about 4" x 4" for it not to lag. This doesn't make any sense to me and I am very confused.

I have the SanDisk SDSDRH-008G-A11 Ultra II 8GB/15MB SDHC Card so I don't tihnk that is the problem.
Welcome aboard. we're not interested in the sdhc card that rec/plays. we're interested in your PC or mac, that is what is lagging. your HD video hasa ton of info and bitrate that this OLD quicktime player from way back when beefed up today just cannot handle it. so rather me get technical.
not my professional area lol.

Have you tried using if you're a Pc, windows the Arcsoft total media impressions. or VLC?
Old Feb 10, 2010, 11:03 PM   #848

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicexct View Post

It does the same thing on my Pentium 3 desk top puter...
Old Feb 13, 2010, 12:35 AM   #849

I am week one of a three week vacation far from home and my Zi8 just died.

I charged the camera overnight using a USB charger, this morning the camera turns on, shows live video, the resolution selection screen, the battery shows full, as the time remaining is shown on the screen, the screen goes dark, not off, and after about a minute the camera powers off with the Kodak animation.

I tried removing the battery, powering on without the SD card, no go.
If I connect the camera to the PC the USB drives show up.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Regards
P.
ptr727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2010, 1:14 AM   #850

try several reboot with taking battery out procedure, waiting about 2 minutes between each reboot. if no go, the folowing may be the case.

another thing is your battery may malfunction too so if you are anywhere near a camera or cell phone store, try one of their battery (equivalent is NP-50)

finally call Kodak and tell them to send you replacement by next day courier...good luck!