Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 16, 2010, 9:46 AM   #881

Default I also bought this at the same store

Water proof bag, perfect fit for the Zi8, Picture came out pretty good too. Same price at $1.12 each!
maxhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:09 PM   #882

Max, dunk it in a fish tank or toilet bowl (don't flush) and give us your opinion. I may go and pick one up. When you mean Southern Ontario, is Toronto part of that bubble. Thanks
garman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2010, 3:42 AM   #883

hi guys

i am trying to find out if kodak are going to do a new firmware for the Zi8. i have asked them and i am waiting for a reply.

also the Playsport doesnt have the same problems as the Zi8. i had one to test and i found anything was improved on it. ok you dont have marco or the external mic but the quality of the stills and the video have been improved.

so it is well worth a look if you are interested in a new pocket hd camcorder.

i will let you guys know if i find out anything about the firmware.(Zi8)

regards

Chrisc74
chrisc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2010, 4:41 AM   #884

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc74 View Post
hi guys

i am trying to find out if kodak are going to do a new firmware for the Zi8. i have asked them and i am waiting for a reply.

also the Playsport doesnt have the same problems as the Zi8. i had one to test and i found anything was improved on it. ok you dont have marco or the external mic but the quality of the stills and the video have been improved.

so it is well worth a look if you are interested in a new pocket hd camcorder.

i will let you guys know if i find out anything about the firmware.(Zi8)

regards

Chrisc74

It is clearly said since Nov 2009, they fixed all issues, and those who ask outside of Kodak tells a company they have a perfect model

Kodak.com Help section, and not SUpport, but the contact us, and Feedback form must be filled out:

and Kodak cannot fix, and we'll use this example that is claimed on the Zi8 as well the Playsport:

Light adjustment during Zoom @ 40% in most fields.

Kodak needs many people not 1, not 2, not 3 but thousands, apon thousands for them to look into this. and how many people followed through with emails, I have been duely noted. with over 15 suggestions and yet to hear back since Nov of 2009. Firmware 1.07 is i n the works, and will be released when Hell freezes over

I talked with John, phill, jane, mary Bill, marcus, josephine, and 15 other people and not one could answer theirfirst email response I given LMAO!

the Killer is to be down outright Lied to about sorry Firmware cannot be flashed back , ......May sound like a Rant
but do not Hold your head High for New Firmware for the Kodak ZI8 maybe by June we'll see a release.

Good luck on your Paysport Chrisc74, with Less features like Ext mic and Macro, especially Macro for underwater shots that is a very important one needed.

If scuba diving I deffently wantt obe on top of the Object I am shooting and capture that Moment.

I Concitrate on a wide angle lenses a switch that slides electronically, known on some amjor camcorders. and yes the DOP (field of depth) has been Noted and they set back with firmware, something the Samsung Hms series has.

I'll keep telling my Object at the Grand canyon to keep steping back, just one, mor ste, one more, BEEP! BEEP! a road runner and Coyoty (spell me) skit.

Never upset, its not my shop.

Most reviewed topic at Kodak.com.

If I were again running their shop I say working on a update we are at 10%, 15%

Last edited by fishycomics; Mar 17, 2010 at 5:25 AM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2010, 12:19 AM   #885

Quote:
Originally Posted by garman View Post
Max, dunk it in a fish tank or toilet bowl (don't flush) and give us your opinion. I may go and pick one up. When you mean Southern Ontario, is Toronto part of that bubble. Thanks
I don't have aquarium and not prepare to use toilet bowl like you suggested - Yiak! But I filled the kitchen sink to the top and left the bag in there for the whole afternoon (I completely forgot about it 5 minutes after I left). Now this is not real test like, going 50'~100' below sea level so we can see what the pressure will do to it, but it is completely dry when I took it out tonight. Bad thing is, the Zi8 slipped from my hand by accident and went into the water after I took it out of the bag!!!

At the moment, I have an almost completely dismatled Zi8, all spread out on the kitchen table to dry, I just hope the wify does not accidentally pour soup onto it...
maxhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2010, 2:39 AM   #886

with the 1.03 fw i DO have vertical lines in 720p/30fps are you guys not having that?
marcogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2010, 4:43 AM   #887

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhuey View Post
I don't have aquarium and not prepare to use toilet bowl like you suggested - Yiak! But I filled the kitchen sink to the top and left the bag in there for the whole afternoon (I completely forgot about it 5 minutes after I left). Now this is not real test like, going 50'~100' below sea level so we can see what the pressure will do to it, but it is completely dry when I took it out tonight. Bad thing is, the Zi8 slipped from my hand by accident and went into the water after I took it out of the bag!!!

At the moment, I have an almost completely dismatled Zi8, all spread out on the kitchen table to dry, I just hope the wify does not accidentally pour soup onto it...

Oh Man, that hurts. and I am usre the next person who asks for a test. will think Twice now, if its worth doing, when already done at the Kodak shop,

I wonder if placing in a Hot place like where the Furnace is On most the time when the heat turns on or even the Water Heater.

I am sure the case is really secure, enough to kept water out.

I have Gone Fishing where the swell, wave going pass the Ghetty, has shot over the Hull, anm my cellphone got drenched..

lets hopw the Z is water resistant
Old Mar 18, 2010, 4:47 AM   #888

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcogt View Post
with the 1.03 fw i DO have vertical lines in 720p/30fps are you guys not having that?

Most of Us are Running Fw 1.06. Fw 1.03 has other issues, and prior, the High pitch,

a video Sample may be needed.

DId youConsult Kodak, anddid they offer a solution?
Old Mar 18, 2010, 11:51 AM   #889

Default firmware update

hi all

i can confirm that there is no plan for another firmware update.

i was asked why i asked in the first place so i told them about the 1080p jello effect and the zoom problem.

the info has been pasted on. whether this means they will now look into doing another firmware update remains to be seen.

if i find out more i will let you all know.

regards

Chrisc74
chrisc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2010, 1:03 PM   #890

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc74 View Post
hi all

i can confirm that there is no plan for another firmware update.

i was asked why i asked in the first place so i told them about the 1080p jello effect and the zoom problem.

the info has been pasted on. whether this means they will now look into doing another firmware update remains to be seen.

if i find out more i will let you all know.

regards

Chrisc74

Thanks Chris, about the info you cannot pass to me for my trial at Kodak

So now I will tell you. Nov 2009 was the last Firmware. newcam coming out takes Priority over old stuff. $$ was made, and that's the bottom line

now please offer me that department only nothing more.