Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 18, 2010, 9:07 PM   #891

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhuey View Post
I don't have aquarium and not prepare to use toilet bowl like you suggested - Yiak! But I filled the kitchen sink to the top and left the bag in there for the whole afternoon (I completely forgot about it 5 minutes after I left). Now this is not real test like, going 50'~100' below sea level so we can see what the pressure will do to it, but it is completely dry when I took it out tonight. Bad thing is, the Zi8 slipped from my hand by accident and went into the water after I took it out of the bag!!!

At the moment, I have an almost completely dismatled Zi8, all spread out on the kitchen table to dry, I just hope the wify does not accidentally pour soup onto it...
Max, sorry to hear about your Zi8. Where you able to recover the camera? On another note. I checked a few EFADS and not finding the bag. They may be only available at that particular store.
garman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 2:20 AM   #892

Quote:
Originally Posted by garman View Post
Max, sorry to hear about your Zi8. Where you able to recover the camera? On another note. I checked a few EFADS and not finding the bag. They may be only available at that particular store.
not to worry about the Z, I grab it out of the water fast and immediately pulled the battery out. when I open the case, very little water was in there. all I need to do is to let it air dry for a few days and it'll be good to go. Have done this on several cell phones before.

EFADS are extremely popular, especially when others like D-Rama, D-giant are all charging $2 or more for 99% of their inventories. I left the camera case in my friend's car and I went back to buy another one, this is only 3 days after I bought the first one and they got nothing in stock! Also by the time I bought the waterproof bag, they only got 8 left out of the 5 rows.
maxhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 4:28 AM   #893

would using a electroncs spray helped, I use CDl electronics, doused, dried all connections cleaned. remote controls with the soft megnetic pads ..
Old Mar 19, 2010, 6:27 PM   #894

Default Good triggered idea

Just WD40 would do too (remember spraying WD40 on distributor cap?), they are made of fish oil and somewhat water soluble, but I am not going to use it now - its almost dry so no need. Cheers!

when wify start laughing at how clumsy I am, I was goiong to use that as an excuse to buy another one, no chance now....
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:32 PM   #895

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhuey View Post
Just WD40 would do too (remember spraying WD40 on distributor cap?), they are made of fish oil and somewhat water soluble, but I am not going to use it now - its almost dry so no need. Cheers!

when wify start laughing at how clumsy I am, I was goiong to use that as an excuse to buy another one, no chance now....
Well I tried another EFADS today. No luck, but I did find and strobe light. Bought only three (only 3 remaining). My kid loves it, he's using it with his siren lights for his rock video's. If only we had a fog machine. LOL.
Funny if your wife allowed you to purchase a replacement because of buttery fingers she's certainly a keeper!
garman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2010, 5:53 AM   #896

Quote:
Well I tried another EFADS today. No luck, but I did find and strobe light. Bought only three (only 3 remaining). My kid loves it, he's using it with his siren lights for his rock video's. If only we had a fog machine. LOL.
Funny if your wife allowed you to purchase a replacement because of buttery fingers she's certainly a keeper!
Oh Honey dam it's not the playsport, I thought it was.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 9:38 AM   #897

deleted

Last edited by fishycomics; Mar 25, 2010 at 2:59 AM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2010, 1:53 AM   #898

Default must have been a very popular item too!

Quote:
I rarely say no to lights, any kind at all, went to 2 different EFADS already, one in Richmond and the other in Langley, about 40 miles apart. neither one has the strobe light in stock...Oh well, I guess we are or I am digressing away from topic...

I put the camera back together, works pretty good AND,,, it is the first time I don't have any excess parts left on the table!
Old Mar 25, 2010, 3:07 AM   #899

welcome the Playsport to my collection. enoy.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 1:23 AM   #900

Has it got any of the quirks we had in the Zi8?

I am thinking I gotta have one too!