Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 10, 2009, 7:39 AM   #1

Default need help in buying a CAMCORDER

hi friends,
i dont know if i should be asking this question here .. but since i rely on this forum only for true answer. im still taking a chance..

i will be traveling i a weeks time so need a camcorder with good zoom, should have night mode ,still photo , and if possible a flash..
now i was deciding between sony 47e or panasonic sdr h80 or h90 .. but am very very confused..

hope u all answer soon ..

mods: i hope u dont mind me asking this here
chain_gang_member is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 10, 2009, 7:44 AM   #2
Administrator

No problem (we don't mind).

We normally ask that this type of question be limited to the What Camera Should I Buy Forum. But, for video specific choices, we don't mind if you ask this question in our Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams, too (as the members frequenting that forum are usually more up to date on what cameras offer better video). I could also move this thread there for you if you don't get enough responses here (just let me know).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2009, 1:28 PM   #3

so nice of u JIM .. plz move it where ever as i need quick answers as few days left
Old Oct 10, 2009, 2:19 PM   #4
Administrator

I moved it for you.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2009, 2:45 PM   #5

Welcome aboard,

I can only offer this advice never leave video camcorder for a last minute purchase. you may be best to instore purchaseas it is a safer cushion, rather sit on Pins and needles waiting for fedx orUps that doesnot deliever sat/sun.

I hopesome of the memberscan offer you advice ifit is a Hybrid the few I know ofare the GVS 5x opt easy to use no thinking involved. Dxg 596 or 7 series. enjoy and wish you well on yourtrip and purchse. thanks fish
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2009, 4:34 PM   #6

the only choice i got in my country is sont and panasonic or max canon (if i search)
Old Oct 10, 2009, 8:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chain_gang_member View Post
i will be traveling i a weeks time so need a camcorder with good zoom, should have night mode ,still photo , and if possible a flash..
now i was deciding between sony 47e or panasonic sdr h80 or h90 .. but am very very confused.
Hi chain.

Ok so as I understand you want lots of zoom, good low light, still photo mode and a flash. This kind of camcorder described unfortunantly only exists in our fantasy. Mega zoom(60x, 70x) is only possible on tiny sensors such as 1/6" and 1/8". Tiny sensors are NOT good for low light recording and also sucks for still photography. Generally camcorders sucks regarding still photography and with a tiny sensors, i've only seen max resolution to be VGA - 640x480.
Can you explain what you are confused about? Then it would be easier for people to help.
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2009, 4:55 AM   #8

adalfa:
im confused om which camcorder is better .. i know i wont get all what i want .. so between the 3 ..which is better
panasonic sdr h80
panasonic sdr h90
or sony 47

or any other u recommend
Old Oct 12, 2009, 11:55 AM   #9

I don't own any of these camcorders so my advices are totally superficial. So you should go try em out in a shop. See which one is comfortable to hold and such. Looking at the specs of the camcorders they are basically the same. Just bit more zoom on the Pana. But because they have small sensors you must not expect too much in low light situations. For stills bring along with a dedicated digital camera. My main advice to you is, go in a cam shop and ask ur questions and also try out the camcorder. Make your own opinion and conclusion of which to buy, instead of people in forums telling you what ur opinions should be. Oh and have a nice trip.
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2009, 1:48 PM   #10

could not agree more.

A short story.

purchased a elphi film, read the instructions and on to my trip. in the middle best shots ever i load a new roll that was defective, and had to grab the trusty desposable. sat 2 hours on a rocking boat , repaired the cam. found that there was a trick to release the cams film, and I am sure I did just that.

I wil tell you if you're rushing out and purchasing somethingin a days time I rather trust the desposables. lession learned.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote