Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 12, 2009, 2:14 PM   #1

Default Any Zi8 contest winners?

A few months ago Kodak ran a contest to rename the Zi8 after the name was critized in the media:

http://jennycisney.1000words.kodak.c...p?item=2411446

There was to be one grand prize and 100 cameras awarded at random from among the nonwinning entrants. There was no limit, and many entered their suggestions in multiple posts - there must have been thousands of entries (over the last two days, one person posted 104 separate entries). Some time earlier I had put my suggestions in a single entry.

I am one of those persons who never wins anything, but early last month I was notified that I was one of the 100 winners, and my Zi8 would be sent within 30 days. They didn't mention what the winning name was.

I have had no notification of shipping yet. I was wondering if there were any other winners among Steve's members, and if so, has anyone recieved theirs yet (I received acknowledgements of my winner's notification verification email from 3 different people at Kodak - I wonder if I will get three cameras? )? Or was the notification a spam scam to get personal information (which I doubt)?

Last edited by penolta; Oct 12, 2009 at 2:17 PM.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 12, 2009, 2:37 PM   #2

I am happy you won, but I am sure kodak has inhouse people for this, and for you and I to offer a name, I would pass up on the camera offer and request percentage of loyalty, and copyrights you automatically signed over. I request a contract with Kodak for the duration of the name in circulation.

Imagine the returns because someone does not like a name I suggest a can of spray , paint , or visit a Artest.

Kodak only has to revamp the coputer generated silscreen.

and My Family member Agrees strongly on the subject. never insulting , my opinion.

I seen One winner come foward, but passes on the comment, I left?
SO my Comment to you Pen....
What is the name, or are you under Agreement to plead the 5th.
I named it ZYTE
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2009, 4:06 PM   #3

There was to be only one winning name for the camera selected from among the entries by the judges, and that is the Grand Prize winner, and they haven't said what the one winning name is or who submitted it (at least not in the email to me). There is nothing for me to claim royalties for, as my camera is among the 100 cameras that were given to randomly selected unsuccessful entrants. I don't even remember what I submitted -- the names submitted had no bearing on the random selections, as there were no runners-up. There were so many submissions that the odds of even getting one of the cameras were so small that I didn't think I would have a chance, but as long as I was on the site I threw in a few suggestions in one entry and forgot about it. As for your concern about the winner's claim on royalties, the list of disclaimers just to get a consolation camera was so long and involved, that I can't even imagine what the winner had to agree to in order to claim the considerable Grand Prize.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 4:28 PM   #4

Its great to see marketing, and that is great. , what color did they offer you, how do you like it so far?
Old Oct 12, 2009, 5:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Its great to see marketing, and that is great. , what color did they offer you, how do you like it so far?
Right now it is Ghost White - completely transparent (I haven't gotten it yet, which is why I was asking if any one else had)!
Old Oct 12, 2009, 6:01 PM   #6

So you're unsure your color. I am just curious thank you.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 7:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
So you're unsure your color. I am just curious thank you.
Now I am, too. There was no provision on the verification form for color selection. Maybe they are giving away the ones that don't sell well.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 8:34 PM   #8

the battery cover will be the important part ofcolor, ifyou do not like thecolor get a new battery door. all else will be Black,and Purple is the hidden color when thesun beams on it.

The cam I am liking,
Old Oct 26, 2009, 5:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by penolta View Post
A few months ago Kodak ran a contest to rename the Zi8 after the name was critized in the media:

http://jennycisney.1000words.kodak.c...p?item=2411446

There was to be one grand prize and 100 cameras awarded at random from among the nonwinning entrants. There was no limit, and many entered their suggestions in multiple posts - there must have been thousands of entries (over the last two days, one person posted 104 separate entries). Some time earlier I had put my suggestions in a single entry.

I am one of those persons who never wins anything, but early last month I was notified that I was one of the 100 winners, and my Zi8 would be sent within 30 days. They didn't mention what the winning name was.

I have had no notification of shipping yet. I was wondering if there were any other winners among Steve's members, and if so, has anyone recieved theirs yet (I received acknowledgements of my winner's notification verification email from 3 different people at Kodak - I wonder if I will get three cameras? )? Or was the notification a spam scam to get personal information (which I doubt)?
I was notified October 1st and sent the confirmation e-mail the same day.
I haven't received or heard anything since. no acknowledgement of the verification e-mail either.
It's either a professional scam on an unprofessional contest. no SSNs given out at least
we'll see what happens...
kodakcontest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2009, 5:35 PM   #10

look on the bright sie, I bet you'll get the newer one.