Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 30, 2009, 5:14 AM   #1

Default Noise in Hybrid cameras - Lines?

My Sanyo CG10 arrived yesterday. My main complaint at this point is that at low light levels the luma noise consists of horizontal lines across the field of view. Noisy lines, of course, but rather than random dots of noise I see random noisy lines, whether noise reduction is on or off, whether High Sensitivity is on or off. It becomes less obvious as the room intensity brightens, but still is present on dark objects, even with quite reasonable lighting.

This is annoying, as the lines make the noise far more objectionable. Is the typical behavior with the low cost CMOS sensors? Is it typical for Sanyo?

Naturally, my main interest is whether I should send back the CG10, which is a open-box unit in any case, and insist on a spanking-new unit.

Last edited by Trevmar; Oct 30, 2009 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Image server online again
Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 30, 2009, 10:36 AM   #2

wow nice news to kodak zi8 owners, you are not alone.
yes i think it is common problem in these cams in lower light conditions.

i really want see some raw footages from flip ultra hd in low light if someone can upload some clips please.
bollity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2009, 10:50 AM   #3

I thought Kodak lines were vertical? These lines are horizontal, and random in placement, just like noise.
Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2009, 1:27 PM   #4

WOW. sorry to hear that shop will close early fri so contact SUn or Mon. hat when this happs.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote