Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 31, 2009, 12:24 PM   #1

Default Aiptek GVS Problem

I'm a newbie - searched the forum, but couldn't find a reference to anyone else having encountered this problem:

I connected my GVS to the TV, using the HD cable (YPrPb). It worked fine. I tried to turn the camera off by closing the camera monitor, but the light on top stayed on. Not yet having discovered the ON/OFF button that is under the monitor, I turned off the camera by removing the battery.

I disconnected the HD cable, and tried to turn on the camera, but could not get an image on the camera's monitor.

What I'm finding is that the camera is stuck in the external HD monitor mode.

If I open the camera to turn it on, the attached monitor flashes a dark gray screen momentarily, then goes black. If the camera is attached to the TV via the HD cable, the TV display works, but if I use the A/V display cable, it does NOT work.

I haven't been able to find anything about a "reset" for the camera other than removing the battery. I've tried removing the SD card, but this seems to be something internal.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

--ARBY
arbycam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 31, 2009, 12:31 PM   #2

Support is available mon-fri..... I know you do not want to hear that.

the Aiptek cam does not have a reset button, a removal of the battery is needed if crashs, all goes back to normal.

1 standard def top plug to tv, red/white/yellow. to inputs oftv, cam , lift screen. asks . av out, earpeice, if it says av in then you got av input LOL. screenshuts off, all displays on tv. closing the cam should not shut down cam, but the manual on/off will.

2 hd componant red/green/blue is video only, and you will need the white/red of sd ones, same scenerio as no. 1.....

we have that clear that either way turn on cam choose setting, and turn off by manual cam will sut down.

if you have a problem I suggest before you plug in, open cam, go to settings andset tv playback to NTSC for USA, Pal for overseas. and flicker 50 hz for overseas, and 60hz for USA. then try again
thiswill get you working. Ifa currupted file or a crash occurred remove battery possable file is theissue. I will look further into this later thanks.

I am no pro, but I am the man for support outside Aiptek LOL,
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2009, 3:01 PM   #3

Thanks, Fishy, for the reply, and the good information.

Someone said, "Time heals all wounds." I guess it is true. After doing all that I knew to try, to get the Aiptek working properly again, I set it down until I could get a reply from the email I sent to Aiptek support.

I came back a couple of hours later and for whatever reason it is working properly again. Go figure.

Thanks again for your help.

--ARBY
arbycam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2009, 4:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbycam View Post
Thanks, Fishy, for the reply, and the good information.

Someone said, "Time heals all wounds." I guess it is true. After doing all that I knew to try, to get the Aiptek working properly again, I set it down until I could get a reply from the email I sent to Aiptek support.

I came back a couple of hours later and for whatever reason it is working properly again. Go figure.

Thanks again for your help.

--ARBY
the cam if crashs doe not take more then a split sec to recover, sometimes theremoval of the battery andreplacing may oneday damage the pin or pins, or that freak accident of taking it out and hmm placed in worng?
glad its fixed.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote