Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 11, 2009, 2:15 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlacy76 View Post
Anyone seen any video tutorials for the Arcsoft media editor?

total media extreme or impression. I be happy to do anotehr one
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2009, 6:05 PM   #62

Quote:
Anyone seen any video tutorials for the Arcsoft media editor?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DsbZhxTq_A rejected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjzxHTE_lU4 approved

If youtube allows a 12 minute clip, you got all the answers you need. it'truely that simple.

Last edited by fishycomics; Nov 11, 2009 at 6:45 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 6:42 PM   #63

I tried to upload one that is 14 minutes today, youtube wouldn't take it either.
Jlacy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2009, 6:45 PM   #64

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjzxHTE_lU4
so here is arush job enjoy the 5 plus minute lol, it's so basic.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 6:55 PM   #65

Well, thanks. What I needed to learn was how to edit the .mov file. Cut out segments etc.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 8:06 PM   #66

open the program up and double click the video on the upper right red scissors show.

will work on a tut later on i ,I 4-got thaat this basic was that simple
Old Nov 11, 2009, 8:16 PM   #67

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLOt6yTiL5A

Here you go, the advance video you'll kick yourself laughing
it is that simple.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 8:27 AM   #68

Thanks fishy!
Old Nov 12, 2009, 9:22 AM   #69

Quote:
Thanks fishy!

Any questions now how t oedit with it , it's again truely that simple something we can easily overlook
Old Nov 16, 2009, 8:50 PM   #70

Quote:
Hi Wayne,

I can't find the dxg to even test but even if I did, I doubt it would compete with what I think I might do.

True, I know nothing about video but I have learned a little.

It comes down to this for me. zi8 best in class for P&S. It does not have two things I actually need, which is O.I.S. and Optical zoom. We can try to get close with these pocket cameras, but the fact is, we need to spend $400-$500 to get something that functions is a variety of situations. We loose "some" portability, but we gain flexibility.

Some of the small camcorders are only about the size of a Coke can. That's not too far of from DXG or even the Aipetk for that matter and let's face it, the Zi8 is a camera that most people should have in their phone anyway.
In a rush. I am not an expert in lens, but understand lens performance is a big difference between hybrid and camcorder, and prosumer/professional. On a really big screen on a cinema angle of view (get up close if it is not big enough). You will find the image distorts, colors flare, or bleed, colors and lighting are off etc, etc etc, caused by the lens. The sensor specs on the best consumer cameras are out thee, on prosumer they can be higher, and definitely on professional you will find cameras out there again in performance.

Quote:
Still pocket cameras are getting pretty close to the zi8 with IS that actually works and great lenses. Check out the Panasonic ZS-3. It does 720/30p but plays back at 60p. It's 100.00 more than the zi8 at costco and is small.
The Panasonic zs-3 probably gets worse performance in compression then the Kodak. The top Canon model gets much bigger (inter compression I think, if intra compression then simular when not filming motion), but the professionals have tested it, and concluded that the image is flat, and pushing the image to adjust (professionally at least 10bits is preferred for recording and allows more adjustment per compression ratio).

Don't let us be fooled, these probably will never be professional in general, never more than a modern (very very very successful) Box Brownie (have one in my cupboard). They will probably fold into mobile phones eventually (the processing engine for the data rate Kodak is using is likely going to be too much for a small phone for years).

But the name of this forum is another thing, and phones do not help, do "Hybrid All in One" is an option for a name (with brackets and all the other stuff). In the end we are really talking about video on still cameras, and cameras and price ranges (codec types, might be more appropriate eventually).
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote