Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 10, 2009, 3:14 AM   #1

Default DXG launched its HD-A80 10.0Megapixel, 1080i Full High Definition Camcorder

DXG launched its DVH-A80 – 10.0Megapixel, 1080i Full High Definition Camcorder with 60fps

It has been a long time since the initial show was released. But from now on everyone who has been focusing on the DVH-A80 (also called HD-A80) does not have to wait any longer.

Last month, DXG Technologies, the manufacturer of DVH-A80, one of the fastest growing digital camcorder manufacturers, announced that new affordable and amazing DVH-A80 high-definition (HD) camcorder is available at retailers worldwide for around $320.

"When searching for the perfect camcorder, people list great quality video, ease-of-use and value for their money as the most important factors," said Paul Goldberg, senior vice president of sales and marketing at DXG Technologies. "The DVH-A80 gives consumers real 1080i Full HD quality video, plus a 10.0-megapixel CMOS imaging sensor, compact size and amazing looking and everything they need to shoot, edit, review and share their most memorable experiences. It's the ultimate package for a fraction of what they're used to spending on a high-end camcorder."

Experience Full High Definition at an Affordable Price

The DVH-A80 features the highest level of video capture on the market today – 1080i -- or up to 1920 x1080i resolution at 60 frames per second (fps). The DVH -A80's bright 3.0-inch touch screen TFT and 50X super zoom lets consumers frame a subject and review videos clearly and at close range. The DVH-A80 also shoots up to 12.0MP still photos -- better than many digital cameras today -- and comes with the ArcSoft TotalMedia™ Extreme video editing software for easy editing and creating personalized home videos and movies.

Function and Fun at Their Fingertips

DXG makes shooting videos simple and fun by intuitively placing the DVH -A80's buttons all within easy reach, eliminating complex menus and making it easier to record spontaneous moments in HD. Also included with the DVH -A80 are all the cables required to connect the unit to a laptop or computer via USB 2.0, or to a TV through S-video or composite cables -- a great feature for reviewing and sharing videos with family and friends. All consumers need to do to begin recording is purchase an SDHC card -- for up to 16GB or 8 hours of HD video -- to pop into the unit.

More information on this Full High Definition Camcorder DVH-A80 and online shopping can be found on http://www.vostrostone.com

Last edited by Darjorn.wang; Mar 18, 2010 at 9:06 AM. Reason: Adjust layout
Darjorn.wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 10, 2009, 7:34 AM   #2

I'd love to be pleasantly surprised, but so far it looks like another rebranded Chinese knockoff (notice the "Rich" brand name on the display model), and "Super Zoom" is a tell-tale euphemism for digital zoom, not optical.

And the cheaper DXG-595V (rebranded "Japan Speed-8Z") does 1080P progressive... why the step backwards to 1080i interlaced, unless maybe the image sensor is upgraded to such an extent (rolling shutter, low light sensitivity, etc.) that it outweighs the change in frame rate?
vwestlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2009, 9:40 AM   #3

It's a bit late imo. I remember back when it was first announced, there were much hype about this hybridcamera. Mainly due to the 10MP CMOS sensor with "FULL HD" resolution video and 60 fields per sec., when the highest video resolution available was 720p. Other brands beat DXG to it in terms of full hd resolution, but I'm still wondering how this new true 10MP Aptina/Ambarella CMOS chip will peform in different light conditions.

Last edited by adalfa; Nov 10, 2009 at 9:44 AM.
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2009, 9:56 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwestlife View Post
I'd love to be pleasantly surprised, but so far it looks like another rebranded Chinese knockoff (notice the "Rich" brand name on the display model), and "Super Zoom" is a tell-tale euphemism for digital zoom, not optical.
The rebranding is normal in the low-end camera business. The cameras are usually made by some OEM based in either Taiwan and/or mainland China and sells them to different brands such as DXG, Aiptek, SVP, Japan SPEED, Odys, Easypix, Traveler, Mustek, Technaxx, Jaytech, Praktica, Rollei and even Toshiba just to name a few.
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2009, 4:33 PM   #5

The information is misleading since it mentions '60 frames per second' when it really means 60 FIELDS per second if it is 1080i.

Yet on the link it goes to, it is listed as 1080P. The camera is not on DXG's main site yet so I cannot verify which is correct, but if it really is 1080P, 60 FRAMES per second then this would indeed make it something special and a cheaper solution to the Sanyo HD2000 provided it's video was any good of course.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote