Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 27, 2009, 2:48 PM   #1

Default Insignia NS-DV720P

anyone got one of these or has had hands on experience with it? i loved my jazz178, looking for a replacement. on sale now @ best buy. theres also a 1080p version but its not on sale

more curious of its size and fit, its definitely bigger then the jazz178

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Insignia...&skuId=9389128
http://insigniaproducts.com/products...-DV720PBL.html
qv98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 27, 2009, 3:52 PM   #2

and no les 70.00 a great steal. i am sure it wil do fine, not a owner yet.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f

Last edited by fishycomics; Nov 27, 2009 at 4:12 PM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2009, 4:50 PM   #3

Ah, the INSIGNIA brand.. which basically are chinese generic products with Best Buy's own branding (insignia).

All I remember is that several years ago I purchased an INSIGNIA mp3 player. It was very poor quality and soon it broke with regular use (the dials came off or something)
Old Nov 27, 2009, 5:06 PM   #4

LOL I stil Own mine and I open to clean the wheel once awhile LOL. Insignia, or jazz cameras, o Emerson, or whoever the Made in ****** company are, yes Bestbuys own model, like Crazy Eddie wit hOnko, and techniques
Old Nov 28, 2009, 12:57 AM   #5

I have an Insignia Pilot mp3 player and it's been a great device. Quite often you have to go to an 'off' brand to get what you want , which in my case at the time was a media playing device with bluetooth for a reasonable price.

I tend to research a particular device rather than a brand as even mainstream brands can have duff products. I have noticed that everyone I know seems to have their particular brand that they would never buy again from and if I listened to them all there would be very little left to buy!

For $69 I agree with Fishycomics, that's a bargain for a 720p camcorder. The video quality on youtube looks pretty good to me and as long as you get a good one the reliability should be good enough as it's fixed focus ie no moving parts.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2009, 7:05 AM   #6

I and Rgvcam own the Jazz elite Hdv-178's

Each cam will film different. This cam wassold still at 69.99 at bestbuys, the company that makesd it is Emerson.com that aquires their parts from China, hong kong, tawain Emerson is A USa company located in new Jersey, parsippany and will again shut their doors one day.

So as we know we all here , Most of us own this and want a replacement, it is nice to see you are sticking with the same company or brand, vamp you like best.

I, If I can trial the cam, I would, and give my overall advice, but these are tagged on a shelf , in a container, and not displayed. Imagine how many they stock in the store, how many people own internet service and pos tcorrectly to youtube, etc, etc, not even 1 percent.

So I say find a person Ask them about how they like this.

It became much harder to find the same jazz and a higher model, when they plane out stopped making them, or have they.
jazzcameras.com. I say if you are interested in this I look at the radioshack, the shack's Sanyo Hd100 169.99 or DXG

If all else fails there are thousands of names out there check the stickies foryour decision.

HDV-189 : 8 Mega-pixel High Definition Digital Video Camera 8-52306-40278-7
Old Nov 30, 2009, 10:58 AM   #7

well that deal is over now, but the 1080p is $100. it appears it IS in the store so im gonna go check it out today
Old Nov 30, 2009, 2:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by qv98 View Post
well that deal is over now, but the 1080p is $100. it appears it IS in the store so im gonna go check it out today
sad you did not jump on it. it's not like the older one try again next time
Old Nov 30, 2009, 2:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
sad you did not jump on it. it's not like the older one try again next time
dont be sad, be happy

got the last 1080p in the store. its dark and rainy outside today so the vid is a bit grainy, will wait for a sunny day
Old Nov 30, 2009, 3:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by qv98 View Post
dont be sad, be happy

got the last 1080p in the store. its dark and rainy outside today so the vid is a bit grainy, will wait for a sunny day
you know, its funny, when I get a new cam it's always a rainy day.and it turns out t o be a keeper