Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 6, 2010, 3:29 AM   #11

if the cam has a warranty then it iswarrantied. te box may be MIA it lol. but yes i agree buyer beware on hd720 or 1280x720 model
Old Apr 24, 2010, 5:03 PM   #12

Default Funny comments, Vado is worthy of serious consideration

You guys are funny. Most of you were heavily dissing this camera before trying it or seeing much video from it.

Well, I have scoured youtube (including many of your vids) researching these small HD cams. The thing that really is clear from the Vado vids is that the image quality, at least in the indoor videos from the Japanese guy, especially the subway video) is that the general image quality and ability to pan without breaking up is much better on the Vado then the Zi8, Aipteks, or anything else down in this price range. Since I want to have an external mic jack, it's down to the Vado and Zi8 and I'm heavily leaning towards the Vado now. The built-in ram/time (2 hours) limit does not bother me. I'm mostly a youtube shooter (at home and on location) and I don't see the need to drop anything like $300-500+ to get up into the next tier of video cams.

So my overall suggestion is not to dis the new kid when he shows up on the block. He could just be the next smash hit.
bluejaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2010, 6:36 AM   #13

Sorry but I am not Dissing this cam, Bluejaguar, the cam i foundaired on a shopping show. and was very interested. found the site, andwatched their latest video, loved it. but I am sure it wasshot with older designed model. and to watch like I commented a kid bending his thumb wins a over.

The angle was never or I missed it wider. did not have the specs at first of MM and they claim wider.

so no dissing here/ All I did was MAde the post for others. enjoy.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 9:13 AM   #14

I never "dissed" that model, either. In fact, I said it looked quite interesting from the beginning. Seems like the external microphone input makes this a contender with the Zi8 by Kodak (although the Kodak will do 1080p and the Vado is restricted to 720p).

Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2010, 9:19 AM   #15

By the way, if I were to "dis" any camcorder in the hybrid realm, it would be the "Flip." No microphone input. Until CISCO forces a policy change with respect to the need for an external microphone input on the Flip, then I won't buy one. I can't believe consumers fall for video products that lack this feature.
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote