Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 2, 2009, 6:58 PM   #1

Default Zi8 1100mAh MaximalPower Battery: $7.56

I'm going for this battery...

http://www.amazon.com/Maximalpower-D...9801636&sr=8-1

I'll let you know how it works.
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 2, 2009, 7:12 PM   #2

As I run 4AA 2000 mah I think it will do fine

Old Dec 2, 2009, 10:51 PM   #3

I have bought several batteries from Maximal Power, and none have come anywhere near their rated capacity.

This company will ask you "did you charge the battery for 16 hours prior to first use" knowing that nobody ever does that, and then refuse to talk with you.

There are many, many Chinese batteries which are branded imaginatively. I just bought from Ebay a BL-5C branded at 2000maH which measured at 1050mah. That is still a decent cell, but not as advertised, and at a premium price.

I have a battery test-rig, and can check the capacity under various conditions of drain. I did look for better batteries than Kodaks. but found none that were as good, and ended up buying the Kodaks when they were on sale (Office Depot seemed to discount Kodak quite a bit).
Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2009, 8:43 AM   #4

Good review on at least one type of MaximalPower battery here:

http://www.pana3ccduser.com/article....A-DU21-Battery
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2009, 11:09 AM   #5

Well, let's see how the one you purchase works. I note that this caveat is very important:
Keep in mind that the power rating on the camcorder is in RECORD mode and I tested these batteries in PLAYBACK mode. Therefore, the operating time could be much shorter while recording video with either battery.
Batteries are rated at a specific discharge current. In a battery which is discharged in one hour, this rate is written as C or 1C, a rate where the entire capacity is emptied in an hour. If a battery is measured at a discharge of 1/10 C, or 10 hours of service, it often will give a much higher maH value, as it is not under so much stress.

Anyway, please let us know how you get on.

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote