Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 2, 2009, 8:22 PM   #1

Default Kodak ZiX AV out

There was a earlier thread about getting most of the record times with the Kodak Zi8 camera. I came up with a idea of inserting the av cables into the camera while recording, this would trigger the monitor off and record times would be much longer now that the view finder (monitor) is off. To my surprise the recording process stops once you insert the AV cable in place. I'm wondering if the Zi8 or Zx1 suffers the same problem. Can any one give this a shot. Thanks
garman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2009, 4:42 AM   #2

Tv out cable. I am sure it will do just the same. to trigger it off electronically I like to find out as well.

but to increase your record time double just turn the gimmicks of stab, and face dectect andwatch the time increase 2-3% with the lcd LOL
Old Dec 3, 2009, 5:21 PM   #3

Fish, I think the Zi6 records when I have it plugged in to a external monitor. But I think as soon as I unplug the cable from the tv it quits recording. I need to go test it out. Too lazy to go to the back of my cable nightmare of a tv.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 11:53 AM   #4

I did more testing with the Zi6. So having the unit plugged in to a external monitor recording can be done. Once unplugged from the port (HD port) the recording is terminated. So a firmware update can fix this (which i doubt). Later I will test the unit for recording longevity when the unit is plugged in to a monitor. I hope I can get 90 mins of continuous recording with the viewfinder off.