Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:48 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3
Default The right camcorder for me?And a few questions

I film Rc cars and want to know whats a good camera for moving objects? Also is sony movie studio 9 any good? Does it really work with all Hanycams. Also ive been really disappointed in my JVC Everio gz-ms120 after JVC said that movie maker 2.6 supported the .mod file. Is there any video editing software that supports the .mod file? Ive tried converters but they make even the slighteset movement look like crap and it slows the video down
racinboy234567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 31, 2009, 12:50 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinboy234567 View Post
I film Rc cars and want to know whats a good camera for moving objects? Also is sony movie studio 9 any good? Does it really work with all Hanycams. Also ive been really disappointed in my JVC Everio gz-ms120 after JVC said that movie maker 2.6 supported the .mod file. Is there any video editing software that supports the .mod file? Ive tried converters but they make even the slighteset movement look like crap and it slows the video down
Here's a YouTube video I created specifically to help people with JVC, Canon, and Panasonic camcorders which save videos as .MOD files -- I hope it helps!

"How to edit/upload from SD camcorders"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OTVU3UuAx0
vwestlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2009, 2:04 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3
Default

ok thanks but now it's only recording 30 seconds of sound. what do i do to fix that
racinboy234567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2010, 1:50 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinboy234567 View Post
ok thanks but now it's only recording 30 seconds of sound. what do i do to fix that
I'm not sure what the problem is. Is the video cutting off entirely after 30 seconds? Or does only the sound cut off after 30 seconds but the image continues? And is this happening even when you play your videos back directly on the camcorder, or does it only appear when you copy the files over and try to play the videos on your computer?
vwestlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2010, 7:03 AM   #5
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,621
Default

I will not guess on wat is not fully told to us.

If you are recording a clip on your cam, and then playing back on the pc or mac with the sd card, mmc card, or the file, in a program, and the file says 10 meg 1 minute of video , not worrying about the mbits sound and other junk involved.

and only partial is played, like you said 30 sec of sound, and 1 minute of video.

QUicktime program, does it play the full clip? yes or no

if yes

Sony movie 9 may be your issue because either codecs are installed, but the program only allows to play certain files, even though they say all or most, certain cams will play but not work.


Moviemaker, same. certain files are supported, and allowed to play. Older MM will play a file in full, other file sows green or blank and sound only. a limit to whata program is allowed to do

If this is not the prbolem


have you formatted the sd card, in the pc, then the cam, not once but a few times, sometimes once is not enough, a few only clearifies you formatted, gives confidense that you did it .

otherwise like I said I hate guessing, on what info is not given.

let us all know, others will learn from mistakes,
__________________
These are Pc low Budget Economy Hybrid camcorders Great for the Daytime Outdoor shots
Light on the Object video made. No light No Video
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2010, 4:48 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
subc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California, Sac area
Posts: 261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwestlife View Post
Here's a YouTube video I created specifically to help people with JVC, Canon, and Panasonic camcorders which save videos as .MOD files -- I hope it helps!

"How to edit/upload from SD camcorders"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OTVU3UuAx0
That's a really nice video vwestlife. congrats!
subc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2010, 10:37 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
I will not guess on wat is not fully told to us.

If you are recording a clip on your cam, and then playing back on the pc or mac with the sd card, mmc card, or the file, in a program, and the file says 10 meg 1 minute of video , not worrying about the mbits sound and other junk involved.

and only partial is played, like you said 30 sec of sound, and 1 minute of video.

QUicktime program, does it play the full clip? yes or no

if yes

Sony movie 9 may be your issue because either codecs are installed, but the program only allows to play certain files, even though they say all or most, certain cams will play but not work.


Moviemaker, same. certain files are supported, and allowed to play. Older MM will play a file in full, other file sows green or blank and sound only. a limit to whata program is allowed to do

If this is not the prbolem


have you formatted the sd card, in the pc, then the cam, not once but a few times, sometimes once is not enough, a few only clearifies you formatted, gives confidense that you did it .

otherwise like I said I hate guessing, on what info is not given.

let us all know, others will learn from mistakes,
ok it works on the cam but not in movie maker after converting the file nor in quick time. The video is also pretty bad with moving objects any way to fix that? and yes for formatting the sd card many times
racinboy234567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2010, 1:45 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinboy234567 View Post
ok it works on the cam but not in movie maker after converting the file nor in quick time. The video is also pretty bad with moving objects any way to fix that? and yes for formatting the sd card many times
Windows Movie Maker was never meant to work with MPEG2 videos, and attempting to convert the video to some other format can create problems all by itself. I would suggest finding and using other video editing software which can properly work with MPEG2 videos.

And as for the problem with moving objects in the video, if you mean that horizontal lines appear on anything that moves quickly, this indicates that whatever video playback or converting program you're using is not properly de-interlacing the video. Again, this frequently crops up as a result of incorrect conversion of formats, many of which ignore or do not support interlaced video.

If you really must convert the video into something that Movie Maker works with, I suggest converting to DV-AVI format, and make sure the resulting DV-AVI file is set to Interlaced, Top Field First. Otherwise if the video you convert to is set to "Progressive", then you will get the horizontal lines, or if it is incorrectly set to "Interlaced, Bottom Field First", the video will look very jumpy and flickery.
vwestlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2010, 7:03 AM   #9
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,621
Default

still some info is not fully given.

what exactly do you mean by:

"The video is also pretty bad with moving objects any way to fix that? ".

I agree wit Vwest.....

1 Super-C is afreeware converter, and other 3rd party conveters are on the market, a conveter can also be a editor program as well, in ways

you must convert the file from quicktime.mov t oanothe file that is allowed to be played on the other program.


your Pc or mac system we do not know or mentioned, if it is win moviemaker 2.0 or older of xp or older, win vista and igher I hear can play and edit, qt.mov.

as wel las modifying wmm, located at moviemakersforums,net, or popajoh.org and the newsletters.

Windows Moviemaker only supports Pc product and certain formats, locate the F1 key and index format file , wmv, asf, dv-avi,, etc, etc.....

Codecs are to be updated , and noway do I see how the program updates, never do i see it update, tere is a option to check te box to update. LOL

you have to convert, get that H264 codec gone, and when its correctly converted then will that file play.

2. the camera itself cannot befixed of " The Jello effect" or "Rolling Shutter".

Rolling shutter we talked so much about it I tend to forget.........

it is not best to film on a Angle (side) and capture moving objects, its best to fim on a lesser Angle to not see the shutter roll.
unsure the F-stop of te cam, and the cip.

my best guess of what you're asking
__________________
These are Pc low Budget Economy Hybrid camcorders Great for the Daytime Outdoor shots
Light on the Object video made. No light No Video
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2010, 8:55 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,084
Default

Does SDCopy merely rename the .MOD extension to .MPG or does it alter some header information? Ie is .MOD merely .MPG in disguise or is the header information different?
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:53 PM.