Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 4, 2010, 8:19 AM   #1

Default Camcorder WebCam Resoultion

Greetings Everyone:

Can it be possible for a Camcorder with a WebCam feature have video
resoultion higher than 640 X 480.

In other words is there any Camcorders that have WebCam feature
producing video resoultion of 1280 X 720, or 1920 X 1080?

Regards Robert
RobMtl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 4, 2010, 8:46 AM   #2

While not a camcorder, Microsoft have just released an excellent new 720p webcam:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/di...s.aspx?pid=008

If I didn't already have one of their previous models and needed a new webcam I'd seriously consider this @ $80. I remember paying more than that for my very first Intel webcam!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2010, 8:56 AM   #3

lol.

I seen that over te past few weeks. I just helped out a friend with a webcam and it was around 920x*** res, and at 1 or 2fps logitek lol

I have not yet seen other features offered by AIptek of any nature of higher then the standards.

I have no answer for that

I just spent ours and failed to get a perfect signal with both cable to cable internet 30 sec delays choppy video etc

trying to do my best of using microsoft, and logitek older cams standard res of 640x480 looks good but not when we broadcasted

using my Jazz I am happy.

I wonder if its Skype, because maicodd and I had a great conversation over msn

I as well found oovoo.com not yet fimular, and found by logitek sightspeed.com and will test out soon

60.00 hd720P iwait for hd1080P lol and use a security cam LOL
Old Jan 4, 2010, 11:36 AM   #4

I think most people don't have that much bandwidth to stream clear 720p or full HD resolution over their internet connection. As rgvcam writes there are 720p webcam available but most likely your internet connection isn't up for it. So you'll probably stream at high resolution with blurry or low quality picture if you want to stream at high fps.
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2010, 12:16 PM   #5

Any MiniDV or Digital8 tape camcorder will also work as a very high quality webcam through FireWire streaming, including the full video resolution (720x480 or 720x576) and features normally used for recording video, such as optical zoom, autofocus, and built-in stereo microphone. Plus you never need to install any special drivers -- just switch on the camera with FireWire hooked up, and Windows Movie Maker will pop up and offer to start capturing the video. It's a handy use for an old (but good!) tape camcorder you might have gathering dust.
vwestlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2010, 1:44 PM   #6

some webcams wil ldo a feature Iam looking to use one day, called tilt shifting or shift tilt.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 10:56 AM   #7

Fishy, look up 'lens babies', they do after market tilt shift lens.

It is a shame that webcam on hd hybrid cameras is restricted so low, I think I even have seen a webcam with h264 HD announced lately. If hybrids had proper web camera modes and could use that software listed before, it would be more interesting.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2010, 11:30 AM   #8

thnxwayne

yeah I agree. low budget world here be a dream come true LOL

I and Mom just talkedvia web, and usedsightsped.com and my Jazz was perfect with the microsofts life a 640x480 el cheapo LOL
Old Jan 9, 2010, 12:18 PM   #9

My post is missing, I suggested you could add a 'lens babies' after market tilt/shift lens product to your camera.

The forums has been very bad tonight, posts not going through (this one did I thought) and requiring me to re-login multiple times after it has just accepted my login, apart from the problems of not being able to load multiple pages at a time (which you need to do to read the relevant threads and set up replies).
Old Jan 9, 2010, 12:20 PM   #10

There it is, my post has reappeared, and your reply.