Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 14, 2010, 2:11 AM   #1

Default DXG 1080p Hi-Def Mini Camcorder

Hey guys got a sales alert on these and I am thinking about picking one up. I had a Sanyo Xacti and always regret selling it so I'd like another one like it and for less than $100 I just need some reasons for getting one before pulling the trigger.

Also thinking about the DXG 569V High Definition Digital Camcorder

And finally DXG Hi-Def Pocket Camcorder - Silver - DXG-579VS

Out of these three which do you recommend?

Tim

Last edited by TimCastleman; Jan 14, 2010 at 2:15 AM.
TimCastleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2010, 4:08 AM   #2

As awkward looking as it may be, I am saving my money to (perhaps this time for real) purchase the upcoming VPC-CS1 from Sanyo. It is the closest camera I've seen to resemble my current CG65 (Sanyo) in terms of physical size and portability.

http://sanyo.com/xacti/english/produ...cs1/index.html

Who knows, maybe the constant rolling shutter is there, or maybe it has horrible performance under low light conditions.. but I rather wait and see instead of getting myself something real cheap that I will stop liking after a few hours.

and then, there's the SH1.. http://sanyo.com/xacti/english/produ...sh1/index.html
mmm, decisions..

Last edited by subc; Jan 14, 2010 at 4:16 AM.
subc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2010, 5:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCastleman View Post
Hey guys got a sales alert on these and I am thinking about picking one up. I had a Sanyo Xacti and always regret selling it so I'd like another one like it and for less than $100 I just need some reasons for getting one before pulling the trigger.

Also thinking about the DXG 569V High Definition Digital Camcorder

And finally DXG Hi-Def Pocket Camcorder - Silver - DXG-579VS

Out of these three which do you recommend?

Tim
569v

http://www.dxgusa.com/products/special-deals/dxg-569vk.html

http://www.dxgusa.com/products/high-definition-camcorders/dxg-u579vs.html

I can only offer my opinion.

I will beg to differ on the way Subc responded about in hours, you'll be dissappointed.

I seen a few people walking while I was away on my vacation, and rather me disturbing them with. oh that is a cam you'll.......... saying is a thumbs down.........

I rather say more a positive way...............

the Dxg has been around for a longtime, other companies forexample known as Han-shing dated back in 2001 the Dxg 305v started out oreven longer, and today came a long way.

I do like the idea behind this model, I preferre mre a Li-on battery system, I am sure the dxg 569v can do that.

Take a look at the Polaroid for 90 plus at Target it may be equil to, or better depending on the compares...............

these two models are a 1280x720 res with 30fps only or less, the Dxg

I lean more to the Dxg 569v, but I look more to the Polaroid and then decide.

I do not think yoyu'll enjoy only for a few hours, but be happy if this is in your budget as a second hand, or even your first time cam.

Just keep in mind pc speed you have, what to expect out of a pc low budget economy cam. and remind yourseld theseare not Home theater movie one's/ the sanyo has stepped not up, but down to the level of the Hybrids, as well Sony, as well Panasonic, as well all others. they are the attention getters.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 12:13 PM   #4

So fishy - if you had $150 or around that amount - what hybrid would you put your money behind? Your opinion is important to me cause if there is one guy in the US to test almost every camera known to man - you'd be that guy.

Tim
Old Jan 14, 2010, 1:10 PM   #5

well if I had donations LOL......

thank you

I own mostlytoday Aiptek. easy to get my hands on when target had them, today well it seems difficult.

Understanding of what Subc talked about Rollingshutter, if that isof absolute no issue Aiptek A-HD as you only mention Hd720P or Aiptek A-HD+ 1080P both cams were around 79-99 at times.

150 smackers of a low budget. the Kodak zi8 bag for the buck.
called Commission Kodak,
Old Jan 14, 2010, 1:18 PM   #6

I have the Kodak Zi8 looking for the pistol type camera like the Xacti, etc.

Tim
Old Jan 14, 2010, 1:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCastleman View Post
I have the Kodak Zi8 looking for the pistol type camera like the Xacti, etc.

Tim
thanks, the two i mention are of that sort they are fixed focus 4x the plus needs updating it will go to 4x . Sound is always the question. it may be liked by some, and not others, after firmware upgrade it lowers. neverdid AIptek continue after they finalized it. like how Kodak is now hit its peak.

The Aiptek GVS isa nice cam. as you seen my carol of downtown disney.

Kodak wins hands down, thinking Aiptek had a chance sound somehow is aweful, but the optical zoom was great., low light oh well, cannot win all.

Sony Bloggie, comapred I stick with AIptek. as i asked my question andignored, i say find out if it has the extras like AF lock.

just talking here

I think no matterwhat low budgetsecondcam you be happy.