Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 17, 2010, 5:50 PM   #1

Default Aiptek GVS malfunction again

Well it seems as though my replacement Aiptek has died already, and I haven't used it much yet.

I was videoing kids playing baseball at a relatives and after a few short video clip recordings, the screen went white and I couldn't do anything with it. I had to take the battery out. So far I have been unable to turn the device on.

I had this happened once before a few days ago when I was testing it on a drive as a sort of 'burn in' test and on the way back from a supermarket trip I had noticed it had done the same thing although eventually it did start working again so I thought maybe it was a one of software glitch maybe caused by a corrupt card or something (though I thought then it was highly unlikely).

It's still under warranty so it's back off to Aiptek again. Not happy about paying shipping for a second time, but then again it's still worth it if I can get one that works properly. Usually I find third times a charm, so perhaps maybe this time?

Anyone else had these symptoms? I think my friend who has this camcorder also suffered similar symptoms once too, although I wasn't sure if it was just his LCD didn't come on or the whole camera but his started working straight away so may have been just a software glitch in his case.

oh well time to email Aiptek again...
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2010, 8:48 PM   #2

mne had basically faaded to the white. and then it would just be a simple pull the batt (reboot)

today I find just recording anything ALL sound is distortted way to much in any surrounding.
not happy either.

Well possablythey'll repair ifwithin reason,and pay foshipping if you explain to them via phone email
wish you luck.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 11:15 PM   #3

Initially I also thought it just needed a reboot by pulling the battery out, but nope that didn't work. The charging light comes on if plugged in, but opening the LCD just turns that off and it doesn't turn on like it used to. I then have to unplug the lead and the battery before the charging light will even come back on. But still the device does not turn on like it used to. Well what can I do but try and exchange it yet again. I guess they don't have any kind of 'burn in' test before they send them out since this looks like this would've been picked up in that case.

I really have no choice but to send it back again so already wrote them an email requesting another RMA #.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 5:54 AM   #4

send it back, but see if it turns up on the tv in tvplayback.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:27 AM   #5

Nope this morning still dead. Awaiting email reply from Aiptek. At least I have my HD1010 but I like this as a backup camcorder.