Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 22, 2010, 4:50 PM   #1

Default OT: CNN debuts 'Haiti 360' camera

Well this is sort of off topic but related to the 360 lens attachment for the Sony PM5 that fishycomics posted. Here is a more advanced version of the technology which you may find interesting and being used right now:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tec...360.camera.cnn

and here are the results:

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2010/...ideo=haiti.flv

I don't know if the original video framerate would in realtime or not but on the website it is very poor, perhaps due to load on their servers.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2010, 5:59 PM   #2

RGVCAM...

that is one heck of a camera pkg!

11 cameras in one, showing every single Angle. BLOWS that gadget sony made

they say only two exist, and takes a load of time to render up and synch. i cannot imagine youtube, or vimeo. ever getting it to work, what amazes me is the technology at our fingertips. a actual virtual reality view.

taken me about 1 minute to getto view. Ourhearts go out to haiti., just wished this wasa better and happier way this tecnology could havestarted off. thumbs up for thos one

I placed my order
2 point Million is my guess.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 2:34 PM   #3

things that jump at me: no stabilization? I would think its important in this case (moving vehicle, details of the surroundings). Low resolution? it appears to be 320 or so pixels tall, stretched to fit the player.

The extra field of view is nice, but sometimes not very useful (seeing all the way up in the sky and all the way down on the vehicle).
subc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2010, 4:13 PM   #4

Immersive Media Company

2015 Midway Road
Suite 118
Carrollton, Texas 75006
Phone: 214.466.8321
Fax: 214.466.8326

Immersive Media’s patented flagship, the DodecaŽ 2360 camera system, captures high-resolution video from every direction simultaneously. It delivers 100 million pixels at 30 frames per second (2400x1200 pixels/frame) and supports a number of video formats. And at 2.5 lbs., the Dodeca camera head is highly portable and by using available accessories it is easily attached to automobiles, helicopters, backpacks and rigging equipment for any filming requirement.

http://www.immersivemedia.com/content/entertainment.php

on the players control its interactive where you can zoom in/out well its clearly posted on their site.

I amsure there is a price tag if you ask, and looksawesome rather pointto where our hearts go out, I like to steer to other links that can be found enjoy