Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:37 PM   #1

Default Sony DCR-SX40 Or Samsung SMX-K40

Right now I'm leaning more for the Sony because of the extended battery.. I know the both of these are SD cameras but I still have my Jazz 178 and I need something a bit better.
SubaruB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 28, 2010, 9:01 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruB4 View Post
Right now I'm leaning more for the Sony because of the extended battery.. I know the both of these are SD cameras but I still have my Jazz 178 and I need something a bit better.
I haven't tried the Sony since it uses proprietary Memory Stick cards, and none of the stores around me carry that Samsung model. But I can recommend either the JVC GZ-MS120 or the Canon FS200. Both offer excellent performance for an entry level standard definition camcorder. The JVC has better image stabilization, while the Canon offers external microphone and headphone jacks.

p.s. Panasonic SD camcorders give a fuzzy image and do very poorly in low light conditions, so I would avoid them.
vwestlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2010, 10:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwestlife View Post
I haven't tried the Sony since it uses proprietary Memory Stick cards, and none of the stores around me carry that Samsung model. But I can recommend either the JVC GZ-MS120 or the Canon FS200. Both offer excellent performance for an entry level standard definition camcorder. The JVC has better image stabilization, while the Canon offers external microphone and headphone jacks.

p.s. Panasonic SD camcorders give a fuzzy image and do very poorly in low light conditions, so I would avoid them.

hmm that JVC looks pretty good.. as long as it has a good extended battery and pretty good video it looks good. I already checked the canon and the reviews were very mixed but I don't know if that was some peoples first time of using a type of camcorder like that.
SubaruB4 is offline   Reply With Quote