Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 5, 2010, 9:44 PM   #1

Default My experience with overstock.com

Hello to everybody
I'm reading this forum for a while, thanks to this forum I decided to buy aiptek Action HD to record movies when I go riding my ATV. Really good camcorder. But now I decided to buy DXG-A80V HD. And my mistake was to buy it on overstock.com The price was good, $230.00 But that was all. Camcorder came in open box. At first everything was OK. Amazing picture on my 42' LCD. But when I point on sky there was something, like glue, inside the lenses or on the sensor. More visible when zooming. So I decided to return for exchange. It was fast. They send me next camcorder next day after chat with costumer service. Camcorder came next day. Also open box, similar defect, plus dead pixels in sensor, easy to see when recording dark subject. Now I'm waiting for decision how much I will get back in refund. And funny is: in return policy is that to get full refund, the box cannot be open But it came already open!!!
Anndybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 6, 2010, 7:53 AM   #2

I as well, am not happy purchasing there. I purchased only a few things, a kodak battery and charger, box looked like year one, and the battery a home made job, in ways, the charger not bad looking at all. came not from a store but my guess a seller, who purchased from China a lott.

My second purchase was a sd card orcards, that they cannot mess up in a plastic container, i tend to forget if it was or just the holder, was happy.

And a zipp recharge it all, I believe, that seemed to be a good bye, but was unsure if it was defective, due to what the instructions claimed it should do,

I guess we have to be real carful of what we purchase. I woud not go and buy Electronics of digital cams or expensive stuff, if that is the case opened boxs twice. it tells me, they are not stores, and are resellers.

Ebay as well, Amazon.com as well.

I would deffently get to the seller, and demand a full refund, I understand your frustration, and paypal will not fight for your rights, they are affiliated with ebay, not anything outside that relm.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 12:29 PM   #3

It looks like everything will be OK with my transaction with overstock.
I returned both camcorders and I'm just waiting for refund. Customer service contacted with me and explained all situation. Hopefully I will get full refund.
And what was nice, they prepared for me shipping labels so I just had to put everything together and drop it to UPS.
Anndybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2010, 2:27 PM   #4

Congrads. glad yourexpireince wasa good one in ways.