Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 23, 2010, 11:08 PM   #91
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorrillanop23 View Post

2.- The matter of my video isn't the ISO, is the way kodak make 720p from a sensor and a lens that can't focus over 1280x720 pixels because is fixed. The can make it so better now.

I think software can't really fix this. I have the Zi6 and there is a adjustable switch "Macro". It adjust the primary lens to correct the focus plane for close up shots and that's what is really needed. Unless Kodak can electronically move the lens back and forth via FW, and I doubt they will or can do that.
garman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2010, 4:31 AM   #92
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4
Default ZX3 event video - a USA connection in NZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7FB1giyB6A

July 4th is in winter here in NZ. This ceremony to honour my wife's ancestor Samuel Calkin took place on a cold and very wet day. The ZX3 is waterproof so it was good to go while other cameras there were retreated to their camera bags.

About the fixed focus lens. I have taken to carrying around a +3 diopter lens from a cheap pair of reading glasses that I bought from a "2 dollar shop" (is that "dimestore" in US english?). In my teaching work I can now use the ZX3 like an instant click scanner to collect student work on paper.
iafilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2010, 3:36 PM   #93
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garman View Post
I think software can't really fix this. I have the Zi6 and there is a adjustable switch "Macro". It adjust the primary lens to correct the focus plane for close up shots and that's what is really needed. Unless Kodak can electronically move the lens back and forth via FW, and I doubt they will or can do that.
The matter of fact is indeed a software issue, All Kodak must do is a better "compression" of the image 1920x1080 to 1280x720 ... the way they do it right now gives a very ugly image. Im not asking for they move the lens ... that is impossible in Playsport, so they shrink a bigger image to fit in 720p, but they do that so bad, I think they can make a beeter down-scaling software routine in order to get a decent image.
chorrillanop23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2010, 6:42 PM   #94
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,623
Default

Today I am attempting to do some things I know I can achieve.....

And while my Naighbor offered advice..............

I given him my Kodak zx3 two spare batt's aftermarket charger, ac/ usb.. and 16gb card, He will be snorkeling, scuba diving and fun stuff in the Bahamas...........

My cam is going on vacation yahoo! when he gets back we'll see video...............
__________________
These are Pc low Budget Economy Hybrid camcorders Great for the Daytime Outdoor shots
Light on the Object video made. No light No Video
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2010, 3:08 PM   #95
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1
Default

I picked up one of these for $99 a couple of weeks ago and really like it but I have a dumb question. Is there a way to continue a video so it is not broken up into pieces every time I stop recording?
jg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2010, 4:08 PM   #96
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg123 View Post
I picked up one of these for $99 a couple of weeks ago and really like it but I have a dumb question. Is there a way to continue a video so it is not broken up into pieces every time I stop recording?
Yes you purchase a Aiptek HDMI 1080P camcorder or Aiptek H12 they are Puesless cams.

Otherwise the Kodak Playsport and others are . single file recorder per file, and Edit
__________________
These are Pc low Budget Economy Hybrid camcorders Great for the Daytime Outdoor shots
Light on the Object video made. No light No Video
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2010, 2:41 AM   #97
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 138
Default Shakey video in 1080P mode

Even with EIS on, this camcorder sure suffers quite a bit with some shakiness even though you hold it reasonably still. It's not really the camcorder is shaking, it's the video itself, just shaky within the video itself. Anyone else have this issue? Hopefully there will be a firmware fix. I will try 720P 60 FPS more often to see if it is present in that mode.
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2010, 7:01 AM   #98
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfan23 View Post
Even with EIS on, this camcorder sure suffers quite a bit with some shakiness even though you hold it reasonably still. It's not really the camcorder is shaking, it's the video itself, just shaky within the video itself. Anyone else have this issue? Hopefully there will be a firmware fix. I will try 720P 60 FPS more often to see if it is present in that mode.
Explain more, you do not say what you're shooting.

You do not say if you re moving..

you do not say if the object is moving

the cam will have a jello effect, the cam will woble, If yu are saying it is ever so little then this is not a issue , but if you are saying its ever so much. then the cam is defective in ways. not ours possably the one you have?

when given back my cam I shall observe?
__________________
These are Pc low Budget Economy Hybrid camcorders Great for the Daytime Outdoor shots
Light on the Object video made. No light No Video
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2010, 11:38 AM   #99
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Explain more, you do not say what you're shooting.

You do not say if you re moving..
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post


you do not say if the object is moving


the cam will have a jello effect, the cam will woble, If yu are saying it is ever so little then this is not a issue , but if you are saying its ever so much. then the cam is defective in ways. not ours possably the one you have?


when given back my cam I shall observe?


I believe the "jello" effect best describes the issue. It happens if I'm just filming scenic backgrounds or moving objects or people, and I'm just standing still. I don't even have this issue with my Aiptek pocketcam that has no stablization at all. I have to hold the camcorder very still, almost like it's on a tripod. I have seen other videos on youtube where there is the same effect so I believe it most be the camcorder design itself. I can understand the "jello" effect when zoomed in but just seems like a firmware update can coorect it and hopefullt soon.
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2010, 2:59 PM   #100
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,623
Default

Thank you. Firmware will not correct the issue sure if that. the Aiptek does suffer as well, older models, improvement aip's are better yes. So Kodak is now in a beginning stage, how many cams do they need to throw at us, before perfection? I think they need to get out of the low budgets.
__________________
These are Pc low Budget Economy Hybrid camcorders Great for the Daytime Outdoor shots
Light on the Object video made. No light No Video
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:14 PM.