Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 12, 2010, 1:59 PM   #111

welcome to the site.

you purchased the zx3 and satasfied using the Hd720p60f mode, over hd1080P

Others may findspending more money on a higher class card may improve video, Kodak says standard video lowerclass cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asfodeli View Post
Good morning to everybody, I am Asfodeli... a new member of this great forum.You excuse of mine bad English.
I have been buying for few days the playsport and I must say that I am enough satisfied for the tapes in formality 720p 60.instead if I record in formality 1080p they result all very moved. Have I also inserted the electronic stabilizer, does it perhaps depend on the SDHC? I have a sandisk from 4 Gb in class 4 - 15 Mb.Thanks hi.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 1:59 PM   #112

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw0YIxVAX3A

Useing the ZX3 on a cloudy day

called Fal Dog day
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:02 AM   #113

Default About Live View..

Hi. I've noticed a discussion earlier in this thread about the Live View feature, well viewing the ZX3's output to a display without having it switching to 'playback mode'.

Is there a way that can be enabled, via firmware, or just a simple hdmi hack ?

From http://www.hardwarebook.info/HDMI#Type_C_Pinout it seems that's the pinout of the hdmi plug on the camera itself. Would lifting one or a few of those pins prevent the camera from switching into the playback mode ?

Or maybe a firmware hack ? Is that firmware moddable in any way ? Just looking for ideas here...

Would lifting the pin 19 hot plug detect prevent the camera from doing the switch ?

Thanks for any inputs !
cheebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2010, 1:16 PM   #114

Default Firmware 1.12 for Kodak PLaysport Zx3

Firmware 1.12 (yeah...a huge leap from 1.03) for the Zx3 just came out. Has anyone tried it yet and looked for improvements?
fway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2010, 3:34 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by fway View Post
Firmware 1.12 (yeah...a huge leap from 1.03) for the Zx3 just came out. Has anyone tried it yet and looked for improvements?

You're first lol
So why not go ahead and Download and give it a shot on:

exposure acurracy, anddate and time interface?

I keep an eye out forall teh firmware, like the Zi 10, fw 1.02 improves wind noise reduction, so does that mean the cam has a ON/OFF wind noisefeature LMAO!
Old Sep 14, 2010, 4:40 PM   #116

Quote:
I just installed the last firmware 1.12 ... Kodak Playsport is still the same crap ... I think Kodak must be joking with us, release a new firmware to fix the date interface and keep that horrible blue when you shot in sun light, ... and overall when they MUST fix this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCSpssgvk8w ...

I just dont get it... Kodak playsport sucks till now (pls see the video)

Last edited by chorrillanop23; Sep 14, 2010 at 4:43 PM.
chorrillanop23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2010, 5:19 PM   #117

The only repair was a F-Stop, and that to me is Beep andshutter does no tsnap as one LOL. and date oh boy off by a second, or did they forget to add the daylights savings time, I heard they're phasing it out LOL.

Imagine thosewho get the newer model cam and say. when I zoom, there is this light adjustment, and why is the sound low and muffeled.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:11 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
You're first lol
So why not go ahead and Download and give it a shot on:

exposure acurracy, anddate and time interface?

I keep an eye out forall teh firmware, like the Zi 10, fw 1.02 improves wind noise reduction, so does that mean the cam has a ON/OFF wind noisefeature LMAO!
I did just that when I got home. No problems. I always shoot at 1080p [because I have a program (Topaz Moment) I use to take stills from my video and want the resolution] and I've never seen any blue problems with my cam in daylight either. Hey, it's a $100.00 camera. I don't expect the world from it. The 5MP stills from it are horrid (with all of the noise reduction muddiness), but Kodak has never made a good still camera, they all have this problem.

Last edited by fway; Sep 14, 2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 5:52 AM   #119

Quote:
I did just that when I got home. No problems. I always shoot at 1080p [because I have a program (Topaz Moment) I use to take stills from my video and want the resolution] and I've never seen any blue problems with my cam in daylight either. Hey, it's a $100.00 camera. I don't expect the world from it. The 5MP stills from it are horrid (with all of the noise reduction muddiness), but Kodak has never made a good still camera, they all have this problem.

its Interpolated ,why its statednot 5 mb still.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 8:59 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
its Interpolated ,why its statednot 5 mb still.
Why does it state it has a 5MP CMOS sensor then?