Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:23 AM   #121

That is what I found in the specs or manual or box stating interpolation. 5.3mb still 16:9
Old Sep 20, 2010, 3:53 PM   #122

I haven't tried 1.12 I just found out about it and will tonight. I REALLY hope a bug I have found is fixed. This is a major issue.

Seems like if you have something close to the line of about 150 video/pics the video becomes pooched. The header is shot. The video becomes useless and I haven't been to find anything out there that will fix it.
I'm using a 32gig SD card. Hopefully it's not the card that's causing the problem.
digiital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2010, 5:59 PM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiital View Post
I haven't tried 1.12 I just found out about it and will tonight. I REALLY hope a bug I have found is fixed. This is a major issue.

Seems like if you have something close to the line of about 150 video/pics the video becomes pooched. The header is shot. The video becomes useless and I haven't been to find anything out there that will fix it.
I'm using a 32gig SD card. Hopefully it's not the card that's causing the problem.

Are you saying when you have 150 videos on the card you cannot access or have the 151th dead? will need to look into that, never had that issue.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 8:39 AM   #124

When I get to that amount roughly, I haven't seen it happen at a certain number, but when it's at about 150(plus or minus a few combos of pics and vid) all of the new videos recorded are all none playable.
From what I have been able to gather, is that the header is all a BIG mess. I've searched for HOURS trying to find a util to fix it and no joy.

Last time this happened was when I was using a 32g card, the first time when I was using a 4g card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Are you saying when you have 150 videos on the card you cannot access or have the 151th dead? will need to look into that, never had that issue.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 10:42 AM   #125

that can happ on any cam, and I had it happ, lost the footages,

on the kodak when the cam is at low batt it will save the file, if the cam is shut off it should sav the file.

but if the 3vdc of the card or pins are not contacting the board then curruption can happen
so are those pins clean do not rubb hard use a lil alcohol that is made for the pins. I sprayed CDl electronic cleaner in my sd reader and never had anymore issues.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:06 AM   #126

It's a pretty new camera. Less then 1 month when this was happening.
Batts were atleast half full.
The SD cards are pretty new as well. I just find it interesting that it seems to happen the 2-3 times already then the cards were with vid/pics at about 150 point.
Still believe this is a bug in the firmware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
that can happ on any cam, and I had it happ, lost the footages,

on the kodak when the cam is at low batt it will save the file, if the cam is shut off it should sav the file.

but if the 3vdc of the card or pins are not contacting the board then curruption can happen
so are those pins clean do not rubb hard use a lil alcohol that is made for the pins. I sprayed CDl electronic cleaner in my sd reader and never had anymore issues.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 12:04 PM   #127

Quote:
It's a pretty new camera. Less then 1 month when this was happening.
Batts were atleast half full.
The SD cards are pretty new as well. I just find it interesting that it seems to happen the 2-3 times already then the cards were with vid/pics at about 150 point.
Still believe this is a bug in the firmware.

I wonder if doing this random test:

load up on a sd card 150 stills and try to snap stills only see ifissues happ's

Load up 150 stills and snap video, see ifit happs

load up 150 video snap stills see if happ

load up 150 videos snap video see if it happ

you see the idea I am getting at. if so you have issues and just you, cause iam sure others wil lnot do this test, then you have a problem, and others will eventuall y find out.

it is best that some of our members join in and let kodak know.
fw 1.06 is the last firmware, I bet fw 1.07 is no longer or in thought.

Also you may want to load the sd in the pc formatt a few times, then the cam, and open back up on the pc and when it says DCIM folder see what folder inside says. delete it and rename a different Number.

DCIM/KOD_101 example

Last edited by fishycomics; Sep 21, 2010 at 12:10 PM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 12:34 PM   #128

I will try this tonight. I'm still using 1.03(or is it 1.04?) I haven't upgraded. I'll play with loading up the card tonight and see what happens.

I'm not alone.
http://modmyi.com/forums/windows-spe...ml#post5418115
Old Sep 21, 2010, 12:45 PM   #129

Quote:
I will try this tonight. I'm still using 1.03(or is it 1.04?) I haven't upgraded. I'll play with loading up the card tonight and see what happens.

I'm not alone.
http://modmyi.com/forums/windows-spe...ml#post5418115

I hear ya. I am able to load every firmware except Fw1.01 which I wantto have as my collection. so it may just be that FW 1.03, the next FW will be fw 1.06, fw 1.02, fw 1.04, and unsure of FW 1.05 are non existance

there are improvements, and benefits, but if you preferre FW 1.03 keep with it you can up/down by Modifying the cam and you will lose arcsoft, at given time, and can be added back in.

It's worth the test but like I said only one makes no difference, many have to back you up on it.

I may have had that issue but unsure of the cams I own, will look into my finding......

and thank you for the link outside Steves
Old Sep 25, 2010, 9:27 AM   #130

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vquVU9hGUI

As I posted in the zi8 here as well. try any remote b4 you purchase, a VEZIO remote works LOL