Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:51 PM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by icewolfca View Post
What is the benefit of using an older firmware on this zx3 camera? Thank you
I need to know also-seems to be a lot of talk about not updating but I don't seem to find reasons why not to, or any user experiences.
pizzaiolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2010, 6:55 AM   #162

The new firmware improved exposures and for me it is a big change in plus compared to what was in the beginning.

greetings!
krzsiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2010, 8:02 AM   #163

Fw1.01 Orginal of the cam. has minimal flaws. the Kodak company, found, that they missed a few items. How did they find them. by the consumer giving Feedback to Customer Service. What are the issues, they are posted at Kodak.com
  • Exposure accurracy
  • Date and time Interface
These are not flaws, issues of the cam, they may be innaccurant fixs, tweaking for better perfection

The cam takes Stills with what looks like no issues, the cam shows correct time, as all devices do need to be calibrated, butthis is not a defribrator, that needs to be accurrate 1000%.

There may be orginal, and updated versions that are showing a greenish Hue, due to updatin version firmwares.

So what are the benefits of Updating firmware, not much if you really ask me , the cam for me works just fine, does the job, what it is supposed to be doing.

Exposure for Stills. time and date for still and video property.

Some companies love to give the general info, Improve cam's Proformance, is not a answer we want to hear. we would love to have a descritive answer with info. Exposure accurrracy, fixing the Video and stills EV-2 -+2, and correcting the whitebalance sensitivity, the cam needs to be correctly positioned in a shot in order to achieve the full function of exposure.

thank you, my Opinion.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 12:45 PM   #164

Default Newbie... file import back to cam?

I have this great little camera... the Kodak Playsport Zx3.

It seems Kodak have seen it fit to restrict the playing of any files on the device once they have either been edited, copied or moved - to or from the original SD card.

This means I cannot edit my original footage on a PC, transfer it back to the device it was shot on, and then enjoy it on the move! (It's actually something I wanted to do for the kids when in the car travelling - edit all their movies together, add special effects, (cut out the cr+p) and let the kids play and enjoy them on long journeys)

Is this over restrictive content management / copyright infringment prevention?

Does anyone have any experience of this, and how do I register my issue with Kodak?

Has anyone been successful in transferring any media files back to this device and successfully play it?

thanks!
joeywarren27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2011, 1:31 PM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeywarren27 View Post
I have this great little camera... the Kodak Playsport Zx3.

It seems Kodak have seen it fit to restrict the playing of any files on the device once they have either been edited, copied or moved - to or from the original SD card.

This means I cannot edit my original footage on a PC, transfer it back to the device it was shot on, and then enjoy it on the move! (It's actually something I wanted to do for the kids when in the car travelling - edit all their movies together, add special effects, (cut out the cr+p) and let the kids play and enjoy them on long journeys)

Is this over restrictive content management / copyright infringment prevention?

Does anyone have any experience of this, and how do I register my issue with Kodak?

Has anyone been successful in transferring any media files back to this device and successfully play it?

thanks!

What do you own and is at your fingertips?

Arcsoft Total Media Impressions.

What Editing program do you want to use to place all your clips as a Movie?

Magix, Sony Pinn etc.....

Now what you need to do from that point on will be;

1 after you made your masterpeice, Open Arcsoft.

2 load the Movie into Movie and you'll either remove or use the openingtitle and closing credit, your option

3 save Movie as whatver resolution size. playing only on the Playsport 2 inch screen or later on to a tv....
you save Video, and when it asks you to name file

name it 100_0001 if your folder is 100sport. if you already have 20 files in there then you name it 100_0021, that simple.

you want to make sure it is a .MOV saved file.

any questons Please ask.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 2:29 PM   #166

Hi there - thanks for the reply!

Well, I use CS5 and can export using CS5's media export, or Aimersoft... that part is all good.

Thanks very much for your method to bring in .MOV files. Very useful. However I tired this simple approach first to see if it is possible, and there is a black space with a "?" in red where the file is found, but won't display.

I went online with Kodak and this is what they said...

Rona G (16:41:01 PM): Regarding your concern, I'm sorry but it is not possible to view the edited videos from your camera.

Joe Higham (16:42:03 PM): Why is this? Thanks.

Joe Higham (16:42:35 PM): Is there any way to tranfer *any* files back to the camera for viewing on the move? If so - how?

Rona G (16:43:58 PM): The camera creates a signature file once a video has been saved. When the video has been deleted/removed from the memory or edited, it loses the signature file.

Rona G (16:44:26 PM): I'm sorry but you can no longer view the edited videos back on the camera.

Joe Higham (16:44:41 PM): Why is this in place?

Rona G (16:47:56 PM): The signature file is the one that the camera looks for when playing the video. Without it, the camera will not be able to play the video.

Joe Higham (16:50:13 PM): Ok thanks, I understand this. Why has Kodak introduceed this limitation? It seems crazy not to be able to play your own edits back on the device you originally shot the footage on!

Joe Higham (17:03:05 PM): All I want to do is take footage on the camera, edit it on the PC, then transfer it back to allow it to be enjoyed on the move, for example for the kids in the back of the car on journeys. This limitation is NOT contained within any product information and is therefore probably misleading!

So, is this as simple as recreating .thm files or anything? The thing is, there are no other reference files which the camera created to take a copy of in order to trick it into thinking the "reference file" is still there.

Any thoughts?

thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
What do you own and is at your fingertips?

Arcsoft Total Media Impressions.

What Editing program do you want to use to place all your clips as a Movie?

Magix, Sony Pinn etc.....

Now what you need to do from that point on will be;

1 after you made your masterpeice, Open Arcsoft.

2 load the Movie into Movie and you'll either remove or use the openingtitle and closing credit, your option

3 save Movie as whatver resolution size. playing only on the Playsport 2 inch screen or later on to a tv....
you save Video, and when it asks you to name file

name it 100_0001 if your folder is 100sport. if you already have 20 files in there then you name it 100_0021, that simple.

you want to make sure it is a .MOV saved file.

any questons Please ask.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 3:22 PM   #167

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2RJIG4RApQ

like i said. its all at your finger tips I am the Kodaks man

do like I show.

You must Finalize the file in arcsoft, if not you get exctly that not a thing.

there are unexplained info hidden. not a pro, just common sense..
Chrisc74 failed when I asked something simple and that I did in a matter of a minute lol.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 6:44 PM   #168

"You must Finalize the file in arcsoft, if not you get exctly that not a thing."

That's the bit I didn't do

So - what is it about the file which Arcsoft creates which is different to other encoders ?! Anyone ?! Thanks again!
Old Jan 7, 2011, 6:51 PM   #169

guess size 5 font you overlooked Lol.

I can place a diff cam file in without editing. so it is a codec missing . which one

not a pro.

so lets see if anyone will answer? happy I helped out enjoy
Old Jan 12, 2011, 5:01 PM   #170

fishycomics is right. I played the files from tohsiba, gopro, Chinese camera and kodak read everything nicely. There must be some problem with setting the h.264 codec
krzsiek is offline   Reply With Quote