Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 16, 2010, 11:00 AM   #11

Hi Fishy. I am trying to gather, it has more night light, but more overexposure and paler skins during the day, and more tinny sound, would that be right? What data-rates is it getting in Fullhd and 720p60 modes? Youtube does not allow downloads of the original, most I can not measure myself. When is the next Kodak camera coming, this one just does not do it for me, so clsoe but further away then zi8, my buy spec (that I recommend to all consumers) involves 50/60P for fullHD. I notice from the Kodak Australia site that zi6 and zi8 are finally available (believe it or not).

Here are my thoughts on various footage I have seen on youtube, which might seem more than they really are because of youtube quality:

The camera, like the zx1, seems to over expose night and day. Maybe it something to do with the sports configuration, but I prefer not to see pale faces or colors during the day, and at night I can't see if this exposure is at the expense of more image noise. If they can give an menu option for extra bright night image, that I can turn off the extra bright night image to give clearer images, that would be good.

Has yellow hue in the image, and the zi8 bluish, is it like this during the day (yellowish tint not good).

For sports, people wear helmets and separate microphones as well. So, microphones are important, but how do you water proof? A bluetooth ability to handle between 1-5 high quality, high dynamic range, high signal to noise ratio, 100 meter bluetooth microphones (that can be sold after market $20-40 a pop, $80 for a set of four)) or a equal quality 5 channel surround microphone for %80 + the ability to override one channel with a separate microphone for for commentator. If you think that price is outrageously small for a 16bit, 44khz bluetooth consumer mike (no 12-bit or low frequency), it is not unreasonable for a mass manufacturer product that every ambarella based camera coudl support at least one of.

Below CD quality is below optimal consumer quality (that now goes to 18bits+ 96Khz+).

It is good for the microphone to not make people sound like they are a hillbilly in a tin can (as I saw in a video from another user).

Macro is still good to have. We could have all the features of the zi8 in the playsport.

The picture wobbles a lot, when will we get 108050/60p to reduce this.

There is enough data rate to get 3D stereo 1080p, even at 50/60p, with 8mpixel stills, now that would be a great sports camera.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2010, 1:14 PM   #12

march of 2010, fw 1.01, and march 28th 2010 released a patch fw 1.03, it's nearly a months time April 2010 and looks like it's under control a perfect cam, or is it.

Well letssee, what a few more weeks brings.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 2:11 AM   #13

A question though, the burn out in faces and lack of color. Can you camera be adjusted in menu to reduce this over exposure and increase saturation. I remember of my Aipek, that exposure setting acted funny and seem to just increase the speed and number of exposure changes.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2010, 5:11 AM   #14

I am suree this can be Done by using thee Face detect, that is what the function is for:

Autofocus make all shots Correctly focused of hte people, not the trees, rocks , etc.

WIll adjust light, skin tone etc of the Human.

On playback you can even review thevideo by its frame of faces

Not all Face detections are the same. each differs.

But wait, did I not say Auto focus, and this is th first on a fixedfocus lens that has no focal point or points?

there you go the face detect is your setting, if videos are burnt out, saturated I am unsure what you're after on a Pc low budget economy cam, This is a Simple Point and shoot camcorder. youwill
Old Apr 21, 2010, 5:11 AM   #15

I am suree this can be Done by using thee Face detect, that is what the function is for:

Autofocus make all shots Correctly focused of hte people, not the trees, rocks , etc.

But wait, did I not say Auto focus, and this is th first on a fixedfocus lens that has no focal point or points?

there you go the face detect is your setting, if videos are burnt out, saturated I am unsure what you're after on a Pc low budget economy cam, This is a Simple Point and shoot camcorder. youwill not
Old Apr 21, 2010, 5:11 AM   #16

there you go the face detect is your setting, if videos are burnt out, saturated I am unsure what you're after on a Pc low budget economy cam, This is a Simple Point and shoot camcorder.

I do not see saturation imperfections of colors. etc. sorry. my opinion
Old Apr 25, 2010, 12:49 PM   #17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5i2W70KnSk
here is the Kodak Community enjoying the Fun.
Should have Sht a lot longer, but i am only entitled to keep @ 39.4 inchs
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:30 AM   #18

Default filename issue

Hi guys,

does anyone know if you can make it name the files based on the date and/or time like it is done in most cellphone cameras. It's a real pain to have to create all those new folders just because the filenames are all the same, starting from 100_0001 when I start with an empty the memory card.

Thank you.

BTW here's a clip I made using videos captures with this awesome cam:
http://alexkorolev.com/roadmovi/
k1ngsize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:50 AM   #19

I thought the cam generates a folder no matter what memory card you use. If 100sport was generated, it will not go back to 100sport if you change to a fresh momory card. It will generate a new one. That is nott he way kodak runs their shop they should have kept to a FILE00001 system.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:11 AM   #20

that's not what I meant
i'll try again
i use a card for a day, fill it up (4gb). It has, say, 500 files in it, with names 100_0001-100_00500. At the end of the day I move all the files to my PC to a folder 'Kodak Playsport'. When I plug in my memory card and start shooting it starts with the name 100_0001 again. Thus I can't move my new files in my folder, because they have the same name, I have to create new folders which I don't want.
k1ngsize is offline   Reply With Quote