Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 27, 2011, 4:33 PM   #231

Fraz41

1. Pull the memory card out of the ZX3 and then turn it on using the internal battery.
If it turns on correctly the card is either formatted wrong or is a bad card

2. If it does not turn on correctly after step 1. then remove the battery as well and power the camera directly from the AC adapter.
If it now turns on, the battery was the problem

3. If it still does not work without the battery and card, then you may flash the firmware "IF" you are certain that the memory card works "AND" was formatted in the ZX3
If you are "NOT" 100% certain that the card was formatted in the Kodak and is 100% readable in a computer, then DO NOT flash the firmware as you can permanently destroy the camera

I have NEVER had a problem with Sandisk cards in the Kodak but HAVE had problems with PNY cards

Another reviewer on Youtube used a PNY card when reviewing a Sony HDR-CX160
camcorder and every 3rd or 4th frame was dropped in the review

PNY cards drop frames on the Kodak as well but you will never notice it if its on a tripod

I only saw the problem when the camera was moving in a car even though the specs on a PNY card say its fast enough

Hope this helps
Bullwinkle J Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2012, 9:16 PM   #232

Thinking of buying a ZX3 to shoot some kart racing....I have been using a Sony Cyber-shot DSSC-W70 and the footage is just BAD....See link below.

http://youtu.be/3slpgf8kjuk

Can I expect better footage from the ZX3.....? I know it won't be the quality of a high dollar DSLR like this shot by my son with some kind of Canon.... http://youtu.be/iImOTcWbos4

The only issue I'm worried about is the jello effect I have seen in some footage....Any advice on that...? I plan of shooting 720p 60fps so I can slow the footage down hopefully as my son takes the checkered flag this weekend.

Brian

www.D86.com
weeweed86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2012, 12:57 PM   #233

I hold of and look at the Zi12 of Kodak. HD1080P60fps and the ysay it has slo mo footage intehre .

I think the Zx3 will do just fine but I am suprized you do not like the sony wx770, not the same as the HX9V.

I also concider a optical zoo, the cams do just fine. I understand it is a waterproof cam. etc.. I got no complaints.

I just came back from a cruise not long ago, I taken three cams with me. The Sony HX9V playtouch and ZX3, never did U take out hte zx3 did not go swimming. did take the playtouch out but relied on the Sony, and better yet I had my Iphone 4s which I used more of as well.

I research a little more before deciding
Old Feb 7, 2012, 2:47 PM   #234

The Sony takes great pics even though it's 5 or 6 years old.....It's just that the video from it is terrible. Maybe I can't get the kind of video I would like from a sub $200 point and shoot....? While at the track it's too hard to keep a full size camcorder with me, that's why I really need a good pocket camera that shoots decent action footage.

Fishy did you look at the footage I shot with the Sony in the above link....? The ZX3 can be bought for $69 but if the footage will not be any better then I should just spend that money on race tires...LOL
Brian
Old Feb 7, 2012, 2:59 PM   #235

I looked, at it, and may have seen it before.

fo the price It is a great deal 70.00 is not bad at all. will do its job I believe the Kodak Zi8 was at that price to. I paid around 100.00 at the time. I grab one if this was the case, but research .

The zx3 will do its job you will not have to worry if the cam drops or gets wet. it is a rugid cam
Old Feb 7, 2012, 3:34 PM   #236

Fishy you are right you have seen some of my footage way back in 2008 when I was asking for help on the Windows Movie Maker forum....I thought your screen name looked familiar, the above footage was shot 2 weeks ago with the same Sony camera I used in 2008. Since that time my son has taken over the movie making for karting in general but he can't shoot footage when he is on the track racing....I just like to have all his races on video and don't really do any movie making with them just up load the raw footage to YouTube.

He has a really nice Panasonic GH1 that he uses to do karting promo videos with but I don't want to use it....Too expensive and too bulky for my pocket, it does shoot great action footage see link below of a nice example of his work.

http://vimeo.com/17486477

Brian
Old Feb 7, 2012, 5:38 PM   #237

Yes I remember certain things Lol the track and footage looked fimular.

I have no complaints on the Zx3, It is a excellent device. I kept it, and time to time I will use it.

If yu look into a keychain cam. called the 808 #16 Hd it is the latest, looks like a remote fob. you can get that on the cart or in the helmit. Today I use it for my rc fun.

The Zx-5 is the newer version, and I do not care for it. The Kodak zi8 and Playsport are basicaly the two cams to look at. I only mention the Zi12, I would love to get one, but I already got a iphone 4s if they made a appliction for 60fps I have no need for a low budget cam anymore Lol.

Funny the iphone camera will last hours not minutes and it shoots hd1080P, I do not like it in ways orientation of video, unless I did not figure out right?

Aiptek makes a cam but not quite as good like they used to be.

enjoyed the clip. I do leave comments always busy with my stuff Lol thanks

If you get the zx3 get a spare battery aftermarkets will give out after a long time mine has not worth getting a orginal at 35.00
Old Feb 9, 2012, 6:40 PM   #238

Well I guess I'll find out how good the race footage will be....Picked up one today at Walmart for $69 plus tax.....You have to buy on-line and then go to the store to pick it up to get that price....It's $99 in the store.

I'll post some footage Sunday night of the race....

Brian
Old Feb 9, 2012, 8:34 PM   #239

Low light test in the house gives the thumbs up to the ZX3 over my old Sony DSC-W70 and the design of the ZX3 is just great....I think I'm really gonna like this cheap little camcorder....Can't wait till Sunday to get some track footage.

Brian
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:09 PM   #240

Can I charge this from the same car usb charger that I use for my iPhone..... Same question for the outlet iPhone usb charger...? The answer should be yes but I don't wanna mess it up right off the bat.

Brian