Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:00 PM   #241

Very happy with the race footage from the ZX3....We didn't have a good run, only finished 5th but the footage is awesome for a $69 camcorder.

http://youtu.be/GNFRDkzYw-M

Best part is it rained out the final race for us and I didn't even have to take the camera out of my shirt pocket when we packed up in the rain and headed home.

Brian
weeweed86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:44 PM   #242

I bought a broken ZX3 off ebay that came with a tripod and remote which was what I really wanted....I thought I could turn the camera off and on with the remote but there is not a button to do that.....? Is there no way to do that....? I was hoping to put the camera on the inside of the track and turn it on and record and then turn it back off.

Brian
Old Feb 24, 2012, 3:21 AM   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeweed86 View Post
I thought I could turn the camera off and on with the remote but there is not a button to do that.....? Is there no way to do that....? I was hoping to put the camera on the inside of the track and turn it on and record and then turn it back off.
Would having the Zx3 On, then using the remote to Start and Stop recording work?
UnknownVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2012, 4:48 AM   #244

tht be the only way, unless you hack the cam, need to have standby power, like tvs they draw power even plugged in why a remot eworks for on/off
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:20 PM   #245

The pics are really good for what I need....They look great on our website... http://wheeler-racing.blogspot.com/2...12-winter.html Thank Ya'll for the advice of this little camera...I'm one happy owner.

Last race of the season for us is tomorrow and I'll be using this baby from now on at the track.

Brian
Old Feb 25, 2012, 3:21 PM   #246

Hi,
I have a question about this model: Can it record while charging? I'm a newbie, I want to record from my car and because battery wouldn't last enough, I want to plug in a charger from the cigarette power supply and record with it at the same time. Can I do that? Thanks
airmike01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 5:48 AM   #247

Yes it can
Old Feb 28, 2012, 8:31 PM   #248

This camera really shines in slow motion......Kart wreck shot in 720p 60fps and then edited with the free software that came with the camera...Nobody was hurt and luckily it wasn't my son involved.

http://youtu.be/plKgJiRGKlY

Brian
Old Feb 29, 2012, 5:10 AM   #249

wow just love the reaction of th kids, glad no one was hurt.

cam pays for it self then>
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:35 AM   #250

Hey guys quick question, will an 8gb Sandisk SDHC 10 card work with this camera? How about the ZX5?
GaTo is offline   Reply With Quote