Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:05 PM   #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaTo View Post
Hey guys quick question, will an 8gb Sandisk SDHC 10 card work with this camera? How about the ZX5?
The card should work fine in both camcorders.

Both are spec'd for SD and SDHC cards which means <1Gb up to & including 32Gb.

Class 10 is currently the fastest rating for SDHC cards again should be fine - might be faster than necessary - but there is no harm in that, especially since class 10 cards are now so common and sometimes can be less expensive than some slower rated cards.

Class 4 cards are just adequate - slower than that then there may be problems recording in HD.
UnknownVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 4:45 PM   #252

Thanks for the reply UNKNOWN I appreciate the info. Now I'm stuck figuring out if I should purchase the ZX3 or the ZX5 I've been reading all these different threads on the forum and I'm still undecided. I'm actually purchasing this camera for the sole purpose of using it on a cruise next week. I wanted something small and portable that I won't have to worry about getting wet. Are there any other cameras in this same price range I should consider?

Btw off topic my main camera is the Canon T1i and I love her!
GaTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 7:19 PM   #253

I will say it clearly for you.

the Playsport cost 40.00, found the other day at 1saleaday.com, directed to Ebay refurbished.

The Playsport should be the camera you are after. It is a FF (fixed focused) lens. no in & out of focus hunting, noted on the Kodak Playsport ZX-5.

The ZX-5 is a choice upto you to spend more money for few extra fetures. Auto focus, and macro underwater.

Offtopic. Have fun on your cruise. BTW , where are you heading, I been on a few, thank you.

Best of luck,

Edited for correction, was unclear for poster

Last edited by fishycomics; Apr 23, 2012 at 5:28 AM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 9:32 PM   #254

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
ZX-3 440.00 at 1saleaday.comoff Ebay, refurbished.

ZX-3/playsport ff vs Zx-5 AF. you have nothing to worry about when water gets on the lens and cam films perfect on the Zx-3, on the Zx-5 on the other hand the cam may spot the water and focus on whwat? that I think about. Never saying the Zx-3 is hte better
we all know Optical wins, but are you going to be out of the 20 foot radius to worry bout zooming in?

I hear ya.. If you cannot make a decision and cannot get hte cam that fast online, and need to grab at a store, see what thereturn policys are about. even grabbing a wal-mart version

Love to see some footage of the trip?
Ot where are you heading?

I been to a fe cruises, looking foward to the Panama cruise. been to Celebrity Eclipse PR, san Juan. st martin Loved it. Desert well always another story. Lol.
I am so confused about your post. I can get either the ZX3 for 80 or the ZX5 for 90 tomorrow locally. What do you mean when you say optical wins? What are you talking about when you mention the 20 foot radius?

I'm going to Jamaica and Grandcayman with Carnival cruise lines in about a week. This will be my 29th cruise. I'll try and post some test footage with the camera.

I'm not too worried about the ZX5 focusing on water spots as from all the test footage i've seen on youtube, i really haven't seen that happen before.
GaTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2012, 5:27 AM   #255

I will say it clearly for you.

the Playsport cost 40.00, found the other day at 1saleaday.com, directed to Ebay refurbished.

The Playsport should be the camera you are after. It is a FF (fixed focused) lens. no in & out of focus hunting, noted on the Kodak Playsport ZX-5.

The ZX-5 is a choice upto you to spend more money for few extra fetures. Auto focus, and macro underwater.

Offtopic. Have fun on your cruise. BTW , where are you heading, I been on a few, thank you.

Best of luck,
Old May 10, 2012, 5:49 AM   #256

http://1saleaday.com/

could not be beat
Old May 25, 2012, 11:44 AM   #257

Hi!

I'm happy with my ZX3, I use it every day.

I have a question. If I format the card, the file numbers are starts to zero again sometimes. But not every time. (I delete files and format my card only in the ZX3, never in card reader on pc)

It is not a big problem, but I asked does anyone have the same result after format?
kameraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 2:21 PM   #258

in the topics, and if I remember

if you want to keep the file number continued, just rename that folder in theDCIM, and load a jpg or video you have of the last number in and you'll continue on.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:22 PM   #259

Scratched LCD Lens?

A benefit of owning a waterproof camcorder is that you can easily fix a scratched LCD Lens by applying a dab of Rubbing Compound to the Lens and rubbing it with your thumb or a piece of tissue, then simply running it under tapwater to clean it off

I had a fairly deep scratch on one of my ZX3's that required 4 attempts with the rubbing compound before the scratch was gone completely

There were many lighter scratches removed in the process as well, but now the LCD cannot be distinguished from that of a new camera

I used an 8-OZ bottle of 3M brand rubbing compound purchased several years ago and available at any decent auto supply store
Bullwinkle J Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:38 PM   #260

Oh hey, one more thing...

Does ANYBODY on this planet explain step by step how to replace the batteries on ANY of the newer "Disposable" camcorders?

I call them disposable for a reason

If you cannot replace the battery yourself, then what good is it really?

Batteries have a bad habit of going bad as soon as the warranty expires

This leaves the consumer little choice but to pay service and shipping charges that may end up costing more than the battery itself

Or leave you hoping that the the company will still be in business when the battery fails.....right Kodak?

DOH!
Bullwinkle J Moose is offline   Reply With Quote