Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:57 AM   #21

The Playsport very first Folder brand new will be 100sport, file starts as FILE_0001 finishing of at FILE_0500 because you dsaid you shot 500 files.

BAck at the Destop or laptop, you transfer folders name, all your files of the playsport, all that I understand perfectly.

I have yet to delete the orginal FOlder, and File_0001. With the ZI8,

I know you can delete the orginal Folder and once deleted off the cam that folder will no longer come back, until a million other sequences are gonethrough.

what you should do, which may be a pain for some:

Camcorder created 100sport, and file_0001, you finished with FILE_0500, Delete all, except FILE_0500, or make a very short clip as your last. then you'll continue with the next number FILE_00501, or FILE_0502.

I am sure that when you delete folder 100sport. a new folder will be generated, which you are saying no, unless you are not deleting that FOLDER.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:57 AM   #22

Well. I hear ya,

I did some simple tests. And this is what may need to be done.

1 As today is April 26th, tomorrow is another day, and will see if folder changes.

in Playback we have options to view files one, thumbnail, and folders

2 100sport is the folder, and file FILE_0001. If you want to continue, like Isaid leave last file in.

If you really want to have a different folder. all you have to do is rename or create one

call them anything you like as longas you go by three numbers and sport
123sport 101sport, etc. just do not name it 200sport I believe 200,300 etc will not be acceptable.

then when you are shooting all videos will be of that folder, 101sport, FILE101_0001

Kodak must have heard us , and again messed things Up, they can never get things right.

that I believe answers yourquestion, but not what you want to be doing manualy.

Last edited by fishycomics; Apr 26, 2010 at 3:02 PM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:52 PM   #23

Thanks a lot man, leaving the last file in might be the best solution until they fix it, IF they fix it. I'll use you hint, thanks again.
k1ngsize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 3:02 AM   #24

Kingsize wrote
filename issue

Hi guys,

does anyone know if you can make it name the files based on the date and/or time like it is done in most cellphone cameras. It's a real pain to have to create all those new folders just because the filenames are all the same, starting from 100_0001 when I start with an empty the memory card.

Thank you.

BTW here's a clip I made using videos captures with this awesome cam:
http://alexkorolev.com/roadmovi/

Kingsize.

I came to the Conclusion that what you said, and I answered, are work arounds.

The Kodak ZX3 Playsport does exactly what the Kodak ZI8 does in ways.

Yesterday. set my date up correctly, and shot a few clips, left the cam alone and Today, shot two clips, and gone to the playback seen two folders. Hooked up, and Two seperate folders created "100sport, and 122sport" For what you asked the cam does.

Make sure you have your Date corrected, and enjoy.

Last edited by fishycomics; Apr 27, 2010 at 4:42 AM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 1:41 PM   #25

Default No live feed to my TV with the Playsport??

Why does the Playsport have to automatically go into Playback mode when I attach the HDMI to my TV? That would be fine if I could then switch back to record mode, but I can't. I want to be able to show people they are "on TV" with a live feed. Can the Playsport do this? Am I missing something? I'd assume all video cams can do this at least for retail display purposes.
teddya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 1:57 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddya View Post
Why does the Playsport have to automatically go into Playback mode when I attach the HDMI to my TV? That would be fine if I could then switch back to record mode, but I can't. I want to be able to show people they are "on TV" with a live feed. Can the Playsport do this? Am I missing something? I'd assume all video cams can do this at least for retail display purposes.
Weclome aboard. Teddya...

No not all cams , or most cams can go to live feed. Due to the Ambrela chip, not at all, something that the Kodak company does not want us to do, ahve additional fun, the Aipteks are able to, but not the kodak

is there atrick or bypas, probably something to do the usb pins they supply data aswell power. and may need firmware. Sorry thatwe're are locked out.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 3:34 PM   #27

Default Thanks for that good info, Fishy

Even though it's bad news, I can now stop trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. Thanks!
teddya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 3:44 PM   #28

you are welcomed. maybe the next gen will have it
Old Apr 28, 2010, 4:43 PM   #29

Default 1.03 firmware makes my remote control works really better

Hi, i've just put firmware 1.03 on my Playsport and now the remote control works way much better, just to let you know guys
GhoulsFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2010, 6:17 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhoulsFrank View Post
Hi, i've just put firmware 1.03 on my Playsport and now the remote control works way much better, just to let you know guys
what was the issue before, and waht was the improvement? because stated by Kodak. only two issues were given

lcd screen color, and start up time

Why a bug sheet is always given out, proven with the Aiptek IS-DV of the issues before, and after.