Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 27, 2012, 2:03 PM   #301

No argument here, when I say it I am agreeing and if I said it wrong I apologize in advance

The only resemblance is the back shell, what I pointed out, nothing more. I do not like to get into great detail as now many just wait to debate and argue if one slightest thing is said.

Hd or not

Last edited by fishycomics; Nov 27, 2012 at 4:45 PM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 4:49 PM   #302

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
No argument here, when I say it I am agreeing and if I said it wrong I apologize in advance
You're a good man, Fishy.

Hopefully we'll find a vendor/manufacturer that will carry on the Kodak line.

I miss the Kodak pocket HD camcorders and their features.
UnknownVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 5:23 PM   #303

Dam I am in the ZX-3 thread so I shall post it here anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcJuV3X57h8

[email protected] audio muted.

ZX-3 and Zi10 with me.

So I am in the car, grabbed some footage, and while riding I am just shooting, and you see it unstable. can this be, controlled with a better grip?

Well I am going to lower the res to Hd720P and EIS on again, and see again how the shots go?

I love the kodaks, as well, and hope to see these cams come back alive again, but I do not see this happening ever?

I have my trusty Iphone, Hey, wait, I have not even grabbed a shot Lol.

Well I am sure a lot can be said about the video and it's not like this other rude site I hang at, let me rephrase that rude people at the site. I do not expect to be treated any different, but do unto others.. that saying.

I love my Kodak. Amen
Old Nov 29, 2012, 6:14 AM   #304

Default always double check

Had taken some shots, and was good with shooting, the files on cam? When came to transferring, I loaded up, and thought I was good, did not need to check the file numbers, and deleted them soon after I disconnected from the camera only?

I know I can retrieve with a recovery program, nothing of importance, just some skits for before and after flying, that I can talk about again, if need be?

Just remember, to always double check the file in the cam, if you load 10, to pc or mac, that you have 10 for 10 of all or selected.

Thanks

Fishycomics

Note to myself. try not to wake the dead up
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:23 AM   #305

Quote:
Just remember, to always double check the file in the cam, if you load 10, to pc or mac, that you have 10 for 10 of all or selected.
Note to myself. try not to wake the dead up
Did you just try to wake me up?

Good advice....
or maybe select and upload the entire folder(s) ?
eg: 100SPORT
Old Dec 3, 2012, 4:05 PM   #306

Default Green videos and vignetting?

Hi guys,
This is my first post so please bear with me. I have read through almost this entire thread looking for any answers or leads and haven't seen anything as of yet. I upgraded my Zx3 to the 1.12 firmware months ago and things were working ok for about a week afterwards. Then for no apparent reason I turned the camcorder on one morning and the screen had a green cast. There is also pretty severe vignetting/darkening around all four corners of the screen. I thought it might just be an issue with the LCD screen but unfortunately all of the videos I now shoot are green with dark corners! Anyone else encountered this problem? Has anyone had any luck downgrading the firmware on the Zx3 yet? I know from this thread that it's possible with the Zi8, but unfortunately that doesn't do me any good.

Not sure if it's important, but if there is a firmware downgrade technique available now I'm using a Mac and not a PC. I know there are different firmware files on the Kodak website based on the user's system. We really loved this little camera until it totally crapped out on us Thanks in advance for any and all help/advice, I really appreciate it!
MikeShootsFilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 5:43 PM   #307

I believe UnknownVT (Vincent) or Maxhuey. Said all you need to do is get the firmware, and rename it to accept without going through may steps.

I no longer bother with firmware. I do, in ways, do not get me wrong.

I remembered when people were updating they encountered some green. And that ws where I said I am contented with the firmware on the ZX3. to date I am on the original, and happy.

Sad Kodak is no longer and is an archieve. hope you find the answer with these two guys
Old Dec 4, 2012, 1:38 PM   #308

Quote:
I believe UnknownVT (Vincent) or Maxhuey. Said all you need to do is get the firmware, and rename it to accept without going through may steps.
I think I may have read that somewhere too.

All I've done was to update the Zx3 firmware to 1.1.2 -
that didn't give me any problems -
however my Zx3 has since died -
sorry I'm not much help on this.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 2:52 PM   #309

Just need to name the file if it is 1.04, to 1.05 and it reloads in , what I think I read in the zi8 section
Old Dec 4, 2012, 3:34 PM   #310

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhuey View Post
its easy, just rename old FW to number higher than the last one you put in:
eg. rename 1.03 to 1.13 <--- this is higher than 1.12, then load it in as usual...

As Maxhuey has the answer He gets FULL CREDITS

just need fw now