Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:17 PM   #311

Thanks for the replies, guys. I have tried maxhuey's method a number of different ways and can't get the camera to load the firmware file. I create a system folder and place the "renamed" file into it, but when I put the SD card into the camera nothing happens? Maybe I have the wrong firmware file? Is anyone willing to supply me with a link or search term to find a file that might work on my zx3? Thanks again everyone, I appreciate the feedback!
MikeShootsFilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:43 AM   #312

Default Alive again!

I follow fishy advice and did not upgrade my FW from 1.03 to 1.12. so far cam had hang a few time requiring battery removal to get going again.

as for the FW, I thought I have copy of 1.3 somewhere but spent an hour looking did not find it anywhere. Maybe fishy, you can let me know how to extract the old 1.03 FW out of my cam?
maxhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:44 AM   #313

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeShootsFilm View Post
Thanks for the replies, guys. I have tried maxhuey's method a number of different ways and can't get the camera to load the firmware file. I create a system folder and place the "renamed" file into it, but when I put the SD card into the camera nothing happens? Maybe I have the wrong firmware file? Is anyone willing to supply me with a link or search term to find a file that might work on my zx3? Thanks again everyone, I appreciate the feedback!
what file did you rename?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:46 AM   #314

you will need to rename FW 1.03 to 1.13 (since you last loaded 1.12).
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:00 AM   #315

I am unsure if we can. Kodak, is very strict and should offer it if you persist. I am unsure if I have from the original to the next.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 4:19 AM   #316

Default Kodak web site

no more camera... or am I in the wrong site?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 4:31 AM   #317

cellphone killed them
Old Oct 22, 2013, 7:25 PM   #318

Default Thanks for a great tip

Just a note of thanks for the great tip on reloading firmware into a Kodak Zx3. I knew that all I needed to do was reload the firmware but the jackasses at Kodak Tech Support refused to help. Your tip worked perfectly and my PlaySport is back in service. Thanks a million!
Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2013, 3:46 AM   #319

your welcome if you keep posting to this forum (he he he) always welcomed, and welcome aboard
Old Jan 5, 2014, 5:23 PM   #320

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeShootsFilm View Post
Hi guys,
.................... I upgraded my Zx3 to the 1.12 firmware months ago and things were working ok for about a week afterwards. Then for no apparent reason I turned the camcorder on one morning and the screen had a green cast. There is also pretty severe vignetting/darkening around all four corners of the screen. I thought it might just be an issue with the LCD screen but unfortunately all of the videos I now shoot are green with dark corners! Anyone else encountered this problem? ................................ I really appreciate it!
Well I have been bitten by the green/blue monster too!!!

I have not upgraded my firmware from 1.03 but one afternoon some 3 weeks ago, this cam decided to go green, dark corners with slight bluish tint. I pulled the battery out for a few hours, push all buttons and put battery back, make sure I an not in H2O mode but no joy.

This seems like a problem with the white balance because shooting indoor incandescent light seems ok.

So far I have not been able to find any solution. Looks like I have to fork out $$ for the Zi12...