Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 30, 2010, 2:59 AM   #31

report of showing a defect on a Lott, ofthe ZX3, having a Shaded, blotch, circle, two located to the near bottom, to the cams middle to side Right, as well near top same position. And Moves slightly, when moving cam, and when in Zoom goes away, this only happens when shooting video, in High level lighting and moving cam to a Low level lighting,and adjusting to the low level, It as well happens when he is shooting a Low level shot.

The person demostrating has a Light above On, and Wondering if he is getinga reflection into the cam?

If he has this Blotch constant, radomally, orgiven times. a number of tests Must be done, to determine if it is a defect? This is His second cam, with the same issue, same store?

Test to be done

Scen to beshot,

With lighting incondecent, Flourecent, and natural (not light.
once He does all these of thesame scene, and then can determine a defect.

Issue:
ISO is adjusting, and film sensor picking up a reflection.
Kodak may have ran out of the same companies Cmos's and are using a different brand. Serial number id of Importance. if two models are near identical with numbers then we have a bad Lott

resolution:

No firmware will fix, a replacement . at Kodak.com is needed, or return.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 2:31 PM   #32

I'm SO GLAD I found this thread. I knew about Steve's Digicams for years, but I guess I never knew about the forums. Awesome!

I just ordered the Playsport directly from Kodak and will get it on May 5th. My husband and I will be taking it on our week long cruise to Mexico and when we snorkel in Cabo San Lucas (May 30-June 6, 2010).

I had a few questions:

*What size and class card do you use for yours? I am thinking of getting a 16GB, but I'm really stuck on if I should spend the extra bucks to get a Class 6 instead of Class 4. I'm finding a fluctuation in pricing: Class 4 - $28-$35+ BIN on eBay/BestBuy/Amazon. Whereas, Class 6 is $36+.

*Does BRAND of SDHC card matter? What brands do you trust?

*Have you had any problems with yours that you had to contact Kodak about?

*Should I get a cover of some sort for the lens when not in use?

*Should I worry about getting a case since this is more "durable"?

*I will also be taking my Canon Rebel XT with a 55-200mm lense, but I got this because it will be easier to take out and use than the bulky Canon. However, I hope I don't regret not bringing it everywhere due to really bad photos the Playsport may give me. Any advice?

*Any other suggestions would be helpful! I appreciate it!

Last edited by maidmarian44; Apr 30, 2010 at 2:34 PM.
maidmarian44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 4:18 PM   #33

Not the Kodak Playsport.

Cabo San Lucus, went on a cruise with myMustek Dv 3000 or 4500 i tend to forget. and shot this video at
mazalton http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70wKgrLbGZE
I could not afford Sd cards nor a professional cam at the time. And wasforced to shoot economy size.
I own a now a good number ofSDHC cards andone I just placed in the cam a 16gb ultra 15mb/s class 4, worked for me especially when I was at my vacation with the Kodak Zi8, so i see no trouble with any other devices i own.

Prefrence. If you feel you need, you get. but remember these words, when on a vacation:

If you see it, it's best to not pass it by, b/c the next time you may not have that opertunity to come buy it the next time.

1. many will debate about a sd card, I am happy with whayt I have a general one. Sandisks work well 8gb class 2, I aswell have 4gb class 4. no complaints.

2. Contact Kodak, I rather not because it's a wasted hour via chat, they listen, and only that. there is nothing they can do ofwhat has passed their labs . and recommendated at thesite.

3. There are no covers that will fit into the embedded section. a excellent idea for future models, a baby sock can fit over for protection a felt cloth, a camera case at walmart. etc. but no lens caps I know of.

4. a case will alwys protect, and hold extras, I already have a lcd scratch, but hey my ZI8 is far worse. i still can see out of, andvery pleased with the durability. I keep mine bare. but best to protect an investment, choice is truely yours.

I hope you enjoy your vacation Senior frogs, now I have to dig out that Tee shirt LOL
Old May 4, 2010, 12:34 PM   #34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvFqLGYgejU

Take Off. Here is a video and Well if reflected correctly, the Infomous red light is there , blinking. Amazing how the defualt sound is picked up and video quality. sped up a lil and slowed down some sound is notto video attimes due to time lapsing. never perfect.
Old May 4, 2010, 12:35 PM   #35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAU3KqZrQHA

This is a dawn shot, and the Sun will come up to my right. and i am sure I can lighten to expose te Horrific car that caused a serious to fatal Accident.

I concider a extreme low level shot
Old May 4, 2010, 1:38 PM   #36

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIBr7oda2uw

This Clip is of two Figher jets In the Area, captured with the cam.
Old May 5, 2010, 6:45 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ngsize View Post
Thanks a lot man, leaving the last file in might be the best solution until they fix it, IF they fix it. I'll use you hint, thanks again.
Well, I thought the same, untill a few days ago - I was sure to leave the last file IN, but it started from _0001 again. It made also _0002 and _0003 (mixed jpg and mov) but then it jumped to after the last one. Go figure....
divandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2010, 3:02 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by divandan View Post
Well, I thought the same, untill a few days ago - I was sure to leave the last file IN, but it started from _0001 again. It made also _0002 and _0003 (mixed jpg and mov) but then it jumped to after the last one. Go figure....
I have no problems, doing what I do and it may take a few tries I understand,

I loaded a different sdhc card and it started with 100sport......

it seems there is a glitch and it's a issue if you complain to the company
Old May 6, 2010, 10:55 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
I have no problems, doing what I do and it may take a few tries I understand,

I loaded a different sdhc card and it started with 100sport......

it seems there is a glitch and it's a issue if you complain to the company

Well, I did. I had a long online chat with someone from Kodak, they (he consulted others as well) were very nice and helpfull but it didn't solve anything. I received a case number to send it back but didn't bother. Couldn't separate from my new toy.
divandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2010, 1:28 PM   #40

All they did was listen, taken your feedback, added to a list of issues. You r next step will be to contact [email protected]. and with the info you given and case number. Your response back will be again . Thank you for contacting kodak, we,re happy to assist you....

And for each person who sent back their perfect model, will be refurbbed, offered to resellers at amazon.com and sold again.

There are absolute no issue with the 100sport/100=0001 file . It is a comuter generated feature, engineered design. Firmware cannot fix what is not broken.

If in your case it is a demanding issue , it is best to contact the orginal location of purchase even after many days after return and demand a full return and. Refund. If more then one reports this then at the next two new model, not the next because it's in the works already. They'll then start to correctly work on the resolution.

I am no pro but I as well would love the game to stop.

16x digital zoom kodak.