Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 6, 2010, 2:28 PM   #41

All they did was listen, taken your feedback, added to a list of issues. You r next step will be to contact [email protected]. and with the info you given and case number. Your response back will be again . Thank you for contacting kodak, we,re happy to assist you....

And for each person who sent back their perfect model, will be refurbbed, offered to resellers at amazon.com and sold again.

There are absolute no issue with the 100sport/100=0001 file . It is a comuter generated feature, engineered design. Firmware cannot fix what is not broken.

If in your case it is a demanding issue , it is best to contact the orginal location of purchase even after many days after return and demand a full return and. Refund. If more then one reports this then at the next two new model, not the next because it's in the works already. They'll then start to correctly work on the resolution.

I am no pro but I as well would love the game to stop.

16x digital zoom kodak.
Old May 9, 2010, 9:34 AM   #42

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4RWBzT9iCY

Kodak Zx3 Playsport update. owned sice march
Old May 15, 2010, 8:46 PM   #43

Default zx3 Dark blotchiness demonstrated

Hey, I just picked one of these up the other day, and I was initially quite happy with it, I'd looked at footage and all the reviews I could find, I was expecting exactly what I got, except for the blotchiness.

Now, I can verify that this is not an issue with dust, or marks on the lens, (at least on mine, and I'd imagine this is the same issue the others are having) because I can make it come and go with ease. It seems to be an issue with the high/er ISO settings in lower light.

I've uploaded some test vids that show this. It's actually a fairly large amount of darkening that vignettes the whole screen, along with a few spots of dark splotchiness as well.

It is present on ALL MODES, as long as the lighting is lower.

Here are the samples. These are raw, unedited clips from the camcorder. The first is the camera in motion with a uniform light background(paper), this makes the splotchiness easiest to see. The second demonstrates the way that the problem comes and goes with lighting changes. It's not always completely consistent, sometimes it takes longer for it to appear than others, and longer for it to go away. It's definitely tied to whatever is changing in lower light.

Playsport zx3 Raw footage Dark Blotches 720p
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L3OO1AMX

Playsport Zx3 Dark spots WVGA coming and going with lighting changes
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JIUFJJVP

Here is a picture of the issue, although it doesn't show the blotchiness as well as the vids, it shows the dramatic change. The bottom cap is the frame immediately after the top one. It's a dramatic change.

Firmware Ver 1.03

I am most likely going to send an email to Kodak and see what they say. I don't know if I want to keep it if there is no fix in the works, or if they can't replace it with one that doesn't do it. If not for this issue, I'd be quite happy with it.

If anyone else has the opportunity to do tests like these to demonstrate models that don't have this issue, I'd like to see them.

*edit* Anyone know why when I posted the board stripped all my formatting and left me with a blob of text? (I had to edit and paste it to get it to stay the way I'd typed it.)

Last edited by bugsport; May 15, 2010 at 9:40 PM.
bugsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2010, 10:10 AM   #44

Thank you for the Video Clips.......

Well its a tough decision one has to make, and the Zi8 may be the better in ways, I said ways.

I have placed together just a review, nothing more with three cams. and when I view on my pc its totally different, then after i render. the final take. shows that the Playsport (ZX-3) has a Lower, less light, the ZI8 has Brighter More light, and the Aiptek GVS lower Less light.

The PS has two layers a elipse a ring, outside it , it is darker Noise, only at low levels, is the best i can describe it.

the blotches everyone sees is a issue with new models with Fw 1.03 and something that must be complained to Kodak, [email protected] for each cam that is on the market and not complained will never get resolved. For each perfect model that does not have a issue and firmware loaded wit hthe blotch fix may currupt even more. for thosewho updated fw 1.01 and then issues were created, should Demeand a revert. you are entitled to your orginal firmware. period.
Old May 16, 2010, 2:19 PM   #45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EwL8cUpckI

This is the video As i see no issues at this moment. of the Blotching

called Kodak Blotch report
Old May 16, 2010, 5:52 PM   #46

Thanks for that vid, fishy.

I did notice, that while you said you don't think you have the blotchiness issue, that your Zx3 does have the severe "step" from a uniform picture to a dark vignetting when it's done adjusting ISO just like mine, but maybe without as much blotchiness. The Zi8 does not.

I'm really starting to think that's the same problem, maybe just not as blotchy.

I've emailed Kodak, and will be sending them the footage.

I'm thinking I might just exchange/upgrade for the Zi8 if I can, (assuming I want to stick with this platform) unless Kodak can promise a fix.
Old May 16, 2010, 6:23 PM   #47

I hear ya. I do not see the Blotches, but like I said i notice other artifacts.......

The Zi8 does a hell lot better in daylight, where the Zx3 gets darker.

The Zi8 may suffer in ways......

The PS may suffer in ways......

but

these are pc low Budget economy Hybrid cams great for the daytime outdoor shot, otherwise then that

[email protected], love to hear their thoughts

Keep us posted.
Old May 17, 2010, 6:08 PM   #48

Well, I contacted Kodak, and showed them the vids and pics of the issue, they said send it in for servicing, no word on whether they think this issue is isolated to a batch or anything, which I guess is to be expected.

I'm not sure I want to risk getting another with the same problem, so I think I may just return it.
Old May 18, 2010, 5:55 AM   #49

Sounds like they will repair,

Sounds like they do not want to go into their stock, grab a perfect model and exchange.

Aswell it Sounds like you have time for a decision, and areturn is in order to your place of purchase, and if you already had exchanged, before, how many mor times will they allow, so it is another decision to make.

if one more time at a different seller, or just take your refund and walk away..

This all sounds like kodak will lose business, how much, not enough to hurt a drop in a bucket.

Like I said not many will complain, they will live with the issue or issues.

Sad to hear one has to go this route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsport View Post
Well, I contacted Kodak, and showed them the vids and pics of the issue, they said send it in for servicing, no word on whether they think this issue is isolated to a batch or anything, which I guess is to be expected.

I'm not sure I want to risk getting another with the same problem, so I think I may just return it.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 7:15 AM   #50

this is a default pic . This hows you what the playsport can do , enjoy

this is a direct link to the pic

http://i47.tinypic.com/205xqb8.jpg